Author Topic: Snoop Dogg "Don't Compare Me To Don Imus"  (Read 2834 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Snoop Dogg "Don't Compare Me To Don Imus"
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2007, 12:08:36 PM »
wow, my karma took 3 hits since the 1 minute in which i posted that last post.

fuck political correctness. I'm just about correctness, period.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2007, 12:40:12 PM »

-T

Fuck karma, mines -143. As long as you believe what you type. Keep keeping it real buddy.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2007, 12:42:54 PM »
Snoop Dogg has issued a new warning: Don't dare to compare his lyrics — or any other MC's — to syndicated radio host Don Imus' recent racially inflammatory comments about the black women on the Rutgers University women's basketball team. Imus called them "nappy-headed ho's," among other insults.

Admittedly, Snoop and some of his peers have called women "b----es" and "ho's" in their lyrics, but as the Dogg put it Tuesday afternoon (April 10), there is no parallel to what Imus said.

"It's a completely different scenario," said Snoop, barking over the phone from a hotel room in L.A. "[Rappers] are not talking about no collegiate basketball girls who have made it to the next level in education and sports. We're talking about ho's that's in the 'hood that ain't doing sh--, that's trying to get a n---a for his money. These are two separate things. First of all, we ain't no old-ass white men that sit up on MSNBC [which announced Wednesday it would drop its simulcast of Imus' radio show] going hard on black girls. We are rappers that have these songs coming from our minds and our souls that are relevant to what we feel. I will not let them mutha----as say we in the same league as him."

Like it's any different??

LMAO, okay than...hmm.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2007, 12:58:02 PM »

-T

Fuck karma, mines -143. As long as you believe what you type. Keep keeping it real buddy.

props, truth

Snoop Dogg has issued a new warning: Don't dare to compare his lyrics — or any other MC's — to syndicated radio host Don Imus' recent racially inflammatory comments about the black women on the Rutgers University women's basketball team. Imus called them "nappy-headed ho's," among other insults.

Admittedly, Snoop and some of his peers have called women "b----es" and "ho's" in their lyrics, but as the Dogg put it Tuesday afternoon (April 10), there is no parallel to what Imus said.

"It's a completely different scenario," said Snoop, barking over the phone from a hotel room in L.A. "[Rappers] are not talking about no collegiate basketball girls who have made it to the next level in education and sports. We're talking about ho's that's in the 'hood that ain't doing sh--, that's trying to get a n---a for his money. These are two separate things. First of all, we ain't no old-ass white men that sit up on MSNBC [which announced Wednesday it would drop its simulcast of Imus' radio show] going hard on black girls. We are rappers that have these songs coming from our minds and our souls that are relevant to what we feel. I will not let them mutha----as say we in the same league as him."

Like it's any different??

LMAO, okay than...hmm.

props, quittruth

FOR the record...I see what Snoop is saying in the sense that I don't disapprove of gangsta rappers saying what they say, but for HIM to say IMUS is out of line is BULLSHIT.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2007, 01:09:47 PM »
as someone who doesnt live in CA (im in DC) that whole grassport shit amazes me  :o cant believe u cant get arrested for carrying up to a pound!

with regards to Imus and the double standard issue, i found the following comments from a music blog interesting to think about when analyzing the situation:

- Rap is art. Dude’s schtick isn’t art; he’s shock jock. Two totally different mediums of “entertainment.” You can’t reign over art, you have to let it be. You can control shock media because there are limits and boundaries. Taking rap music and artists to task for misogyny is something that should be done…but blaming rap is a weak attempt @ distraction.

- Imus has power that rappers don’t. He’s still got Gulliani and other powerful figures sticking up for him, calling him a friend and saying they’d still go on his show. When was the last time Guilliani stood & watched rappers spit in the Rap City booth?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2007, 01:13:03 PM »
nah you can't have a pound on you, a half pound maybe but it's still considered sketchy to have more than an ounce on you.

shock jock ain't art but shock rap/rap is? bullshit. entertainment is art. there is an art to entertaining, what's a comedian?

furthermore, Imus takes a stand on political issues thus mustering support. A rapper wouldn't dare appear politically/socially conscious enough to express a real and informed political opinion so of course no politicians will stick up for them. Rappers bring it upon themselves when they glorify stupidity.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2007, 01:15:43 PM »
Snoop uses the word hoes worse than Don Imus did/does.

for HIM to say IMUS is out of line is BULLSHIT.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2007, 01:18:26 PM »
word, like i said...I'm down with rappers having the freedom to say whatever but for snoop to diss someone elses freedom of speech is positively unamerican.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2007, 01:43:17 PM »
Imus's show is broadcast to millions on public radio, so are Snoop's songs... the only difference is most radio stations will edit the word "ho" in snoopy's song... if they edited Imus's comments like they did Snoop's song, im willing to bet he wouldnt be in the mess he's in now

Imus (just like Snoop) has the freedom to say whatever he wants, but he cannot make these types of comments on public airwaves without expecting to catch heat... ever since Janet's titty popped out, TV and radio are subject to heavy scrutiny

in the end tho, people need to man up and take responsibility for their individual actions instead of pointing fingers

peace

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2007, 02:04:41 PM »
good point on the national airwaves thing. snoop saying such words on the radio is edited, Imus isn't...good point indeed

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2007, 03:40:15 PM »
snoop should stick to rapping and getting arrested not giving his opinion on current affairs

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2007, 04:21:06 PM »
LOL @ Snoop being censored.  He had that joint a few years back "Let's Get Blown" that was all over radio / video outlets.  And back in Snoop's early days, sayin ho / trick was acceptable on radio /vidoes.  They used to sub those words in for bitch and other words for the radio mix.  But now it's taboo. 

word, like i said...I'm down with rappers having the freedom to say whatever but for snoop to diss someone elses freedom of speech is positively unamerican.

-T

And if people want equality, you either let everybody have freedom of speech, or nobody.  No more double standards.  Shit will never be equal unitl that starts happening. 

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2007, 05:17:52 PM »
i cant even believe ya'll got tha mind 2 even stick up 4 that faggot, and worse u ova there talkin bout git ova racism wen that shit is very visual in our community even n Cali, u look like a wet back or a spick anyways so u cant even relate 2 wat tha fuck we even talkin bout.  that pusssssssy 4 a comintator should b burned alive 4 dat shit, keep all dat racism shit 2 yaself.  slavery/civil rights movement is ova but that still dont change tha fact that Malcolm, Martin, Pac, Huey, and all dem gon' and we only got entertainers 2 look 2 in tha spot light which EVERYBODY is allured 2 (so it makes us look a lil' less in tha eyes of tha same bacon meat muthafuckaz who put out all our business 2 tha public ex. The ladys basketball team 4 example - look at tha scenerio, anotha black entertainer/athlete instead of something else besides that) as far 4 Snoop, brova is rite, u cant compare an ol ritz bitz n cheeze muthafuckaz comments and a rappers lyrics bcuz tha subject and intention is different.  ya'll ova dere tryna speak up 4 I-Suc u should b shot n tha head, aint no way 4 a billion years we could eva let go of some shit like dat or dat nature, We wouldnt even b ova here in this bullshit if it wasnt 4 crackers like dat pussy.

up until 1992 (*rodney king*) racism was nationally televised, not includin all tha more recent shit like Sean Bell thats goin on.  now is u say "Fuck A Double Standard" look at wat we as black people have 2 let go... and im tellin u thats not happinin.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 05:25:18 PM by arthurnelson88 »
I only fuck with 10's

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2007, 05:24:02 PM »
i cant even believe ya'll got tha mind 2 even stick up 4 that faggot, and worse u ova there talkin bout git ova racism wen that shit is very visual in our community even n Cali, u look like a wet back or a spick anyways so u cant even relate 2 wat tha fuck we even talkin bout.  that pusssssssy 4 a comintator should b burned alive 4 dat shit, keep all dat racism shit 2 yaself.  slavery/civil rights movement is ova but that still dont change tha fact that Malcolm, Martin, Pac, Huey, and all dem gon' and we only got entertainers 2 look 2 in tha spot light which EVERYBODY is allured 2 (so it makes us look a lil' less in tha eyes of tha same bacon meat muthafuckaz who put out all our business 2 tha public ex. The ladys basketball team 4 example - look at tha scenerio, anotha black entertainer/athlete instead of something else besides that) as far 4 Snoop, brova is rite, u cant compare an ol ritz bitz n cheeze muthafuckaz comments and a rappers lyrics bcuz tha subject and intention is different.  ya'll ova dere tryna speak up 4 I-Suc u should b shot n tha head, aint no way 4 a billion years we could eva let go of some shit like dat or dat nature, We wouldnt even b ova here in this bullshit if it wasnt 4 crackers like dat pussy.

yea crk dat pussy belevz dat yo dog chz wiz fo sho pssy niga spic yo dog g fuk dat shyt man pussy i-suc ckrak

westcoastavengers.com

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2007, 05:26:24 PM »
up until 1992 (*rodney king*) racism was nationally televised, not includin all tha more recent shit like Sean Bell thats goin on.  now is u say "Fuck A Double Standard" look at wat we as black people have 2 let go... and im tellin u thats not happinin.
I only fuck with 10's