Author Topic: I have a questions why do so many muslims name their children muhammad??  (Read 265 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
no matter how strong the religious beliefs of christians they never call their children jesus, in stark contrast to this muslims name half their children muhammad, when i lived in bournemouth i knew about 5 different muhammads i've never really understood this because muhammad is supposed to be so sacred to muslims doesn't giving people that name devalue that sacredness and also lead to situations where you may curse their name when they do something wrong.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I don't think you are even allowed to name your kid Jesus in a western country, and you really shouldn't be. I don't know how it was back in the day, but I guess even back in the day when the Koran was written people in that region were called like that frequently... but I've never heard of anyone anywhere at anytime being called Jesus, except Jesus.

As far as Im informed that nigga wasn't even divine, while Jesus was, according to their beliefs at least.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 07:24:43 AM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Suga Foot

It's the most common first name in the world

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Jesus isn't too uncommon in the hispanic catholic world is it? Pronounced Hay-Zoos; I hear it every so often.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^ Exactly. Jesus is very common in Latin America.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
no matter how strong the religious beliefs of christians they never call their children jesus, in stark contrast to this muslims name half their children muhammad, when i lived in bournemouth i knew about 5 different muhammads i've never really understood this because muhammad is supposed to be so sacred to muslims doesn't giving people that name devalue that sacredness and also lead to situations where you may curse their name when they do something wrong.

Muhammad isn't sacred, he was just a man like you and I, who was inspired by Allah to reveal the Qu'ran.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Muhammad isn't sacred, he was just a man like you and I, who was inspired by Allah to reveal the Qu'ran.

Then why do people riot in the streets when someone draws a picture of him? He's clearly scared to a lot of muslims.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Then why do people riot in the streets when someone draws a picture of him? He's clearly scared to a lot of muslims.

Because he was inspired by Allah with the Qu'ran, and he was chosen by Allah to be a Prophet.  He established Islam firmly in this world, and so people got upset when he was defamed in those pictures as a joke. 
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Because he was inspired by Allah with the Qu'ran, and he was chosen by Allah to be a Prophet.  He established Islam firmly in this world, and so people got upset when he was defamed in those pictures as a joke. 

I already answered the question. It was rhetorical. He clearly is sacred to many muslims and certainly isn't seen as;

just a man like you and I

Because if you were made fun of in cartoons no one would riot.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

I already answered the question. It was rhetorical. He clearly is sacred to many muslims and certainly isn't seen as;

He is definitely not sacred.  The reason why he is not sacred is that only the Creator is sacred.  And if you study the teachings of all the Prophets you will find that they worshipped their Creator.  And anything created can not be put on par with the Creator.  The Prophets are the same as us, in that they are created human beings subservient to a higher power.

However, the Prophets are very special people.  Because, today, we vote for people to be our leaders, or it is handed down through generations (kingdoms).  But the Prophets were special people because they were chosen by Allah to be leaders of the people.  Allah has selected some 400,000 people throughout time, to be Prophets and carry out the message of worshipping One God without partner, and doing righteous good deeds.  We make no distinction amongst the Prophets.

Then, Allah has selected an even smaller number of people to be the followers of the Prophets.  Which means we worship our Creator just as they worshipped the same Creator (Allah).  The special prize that Allah gives man on this Earth is not money or material wealth, but it is believe in a higher power (Allah).  Because if you know the value of material things, but you don't know the value of your own soul, then what good is it?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 05:03:03 PM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop..by -Infinite- »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

He is not sacred, he is a man.  However, Allah selects a certain number of men to be Prophets.  This is the highest level of achievement for a human.  You can't go to the polls and vote for a Prophet.  Nobody campaigned or went and voted for Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, etc. to be Prophets.  It was Allah who chose them.  Likewise, Allah only chooses a certain number of people to be the followers of Prophets and worship God alone without partners, and do righteous good deeds.

I'm not telling you what the religion says he is. I'm telling you that to many muslims he is seen as scared. According to Islam Jesus is a chosen prohet too. He is on the same level of achievement as Muhammad, yet you don't see muslims rioting or protesting when Jesus gets goofed on in imagery on TV every few days or so. Jesus is not seen as sacred by the same muslims that see Muhammad as sacred. I'm not telling you I know the reason for this. I'm just telling you it exists.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

He is not sacred, he is a man.  However, Allah selects a certain number of men to be Prophets.  This is the highest level of achievement for a human.  You can't go to the polls and vote for a Prophet.  Nobody campaigned or went and voted for Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, etc. to be Prophets.  It was Allah who chose them.  Likewise, Allah only chooses a certain number of people to be the followers of Prophets and worship God alone without partners, and do righteous good deeds.

I'm not telling you what the religion says he is. I'm telling you that to many muslims he is seen as scared. According to Islam Jesus is a chosen prohet too. He is on the same level of achievement as Muhammad, yet you don't see muslims rioting or protesting when Jesus gets goofed on in imagery on TV every few days or so. Jesus is not seen as sacred by the same muslims that see Muhammad as sacred. I'm not telling you I know the reason for this. I'm just telling you it exists.

I just finished modifying my post above

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
its just a name dawg, why can't a muslim or a non muslim cat call his son muhammad? i mean i really do not know the reason for this thread, don rizzle is a intelligent cat and he knows i got luv for cat(nuttin "homo", y'all know what i mean) but is this a thread just made to diss someones religion or ability in naming there son? i know you better than this rizzle my nizzle, lol

i know nuff cats whoz name is jesus....great name

pz

AndrE16686

My take on all those protests is that before the cartoon being published, Muslims fellt like they were/are purposely being targeted around the world by the media and the military, like 'bombing our bretheren overseas and arranging them in naked shit stained human pyramids, now they got the nerve to kick us while we are down and claim artistic liberty?' The cartoon understandably just pushed some people to the edge.

Muhammad was a man, so you can give a man that name.

So that we remember he was just a man, we should not characterise him. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 05:54:12 PM by Loco is tha motion... »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
My take on all those protests is that before the cartoon being published, Muslims fellt like they were/are purposely being targeted around the world by the media and the military, like 'bombing our bretheren overseas and arranging them in naked shit stained human pyramids, now they got the nerve to kick us while we are down and claim artistic liberty?' The cartoon understandably just pushed some people to the edge.

Muhammad was a man, so you can give a man that name.

So that we remember he was just a man, we should not characterise him. 

Yes but, if the muslims that rioted did not think he was sacred then they wouldn't have rioted, or they would have rioted any time any muslim is portrayed like an evil being or any prophet is represented in picture. I'm not saying that Islam teaches that Muhammad is scared or should be treated as such, but anyone that denies the absolute fact that backwoods muslims believe him to be sacred (just like backwoods American nuts believe the flag and to an extent the president is sacred) is simply not being honest with themselves or not thinking it through, like the arab muslim world is immune to the mass stupidity that plagues the rest of the world. This doesn't mean all or most think he's scared, just like not all or most Americans think the flag is sacred, but a lot of, a lot of muslims think he's sacred.