Author Topic: CBS fires Don Imus...  (Read 187 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

CBS fires Don Imus...
« on: April 12, 2007, 02:23:39 PM »
CBS fires Don Imus from radio show

NEW YORK - CBS fired Don Imus from his radio show Thursday, the finale to a stunning fall for one of the nation's most prominent broadcasters.

Imus initially was given a two-week suspension, to start Monday, for calling the Rutgers women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos" on the air last week, but outrage continued to grow and advertisers bolted from his programs.

"There has been much discussion of the effect language like this has on our young people, particularly young women of color trying to make their way in this society," CBS President and Chief Executive Officer Leslie Moonves said in announcing the decision. "That consideration has weighed most heavily on our minds as we made our decision."

Rutgers women's basketball team spokeswoman Stacey Brann said the team did not have an immediate comment on Imus' firing but would be issuing a statement later Thursday evening.

Time Magazine once named the cantankerous broadcaster as one of the 25 Most Influential People in America, and he was a member of the National Broadcaster Hall of Fame.

But Imus found himself at the center of a storm after his comments. Protests ensued, and one by one, sponsors pulled their ads from Imus' show. On Wednesday, MSNBC dropped the simulcast of Imus' show.

The Rev. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson met with Moonves to advocate Imus' removal, promising a rally outside CBS headquarters Saturday and an effort to persuade more advertisers to abandon Imus.

Sumner Redstone, chairman of the CBS Corp. board and its chief stockholder, told Newsweek that he had expected Moonves to "do the right thing," although it wasn't clear what he thought that was.

The news came down in the middle of Imus' Radiothon, which has raised more than $40 million since 1990 for good causes. The Radiothon had raised more than $1.3 million Thursday before Imus learned that he lost his job.

"This may be our last Radiothon, so we need to raise about $100 million," Imus cracked at the start of the event.

Garth Brooks

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We Shall Be Free
Re: CBS fires Don Imus...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 02:53:36 PM »
im so pissed off.. lets boycot cbs/nbc or write letters and bitch... they fire him a day after he raises 1.5 million for kids charitys.. kick in the balls

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 03:59:50 PM »
i cant believe this is actually happening cuz of nappy headed ho's

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 05:44:23 PM »
So much for free speech....

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 05:58:31 PM »
So much for free speech....

He got fired, not spending time in jail.  If sponsors were pulling their ads from his show, then CBS has to do what in their opinion is right for business. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 06:05:50 PM by Mr. Javii »

herpes

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 06:17:54 PM »
i posted this on myspace

Im tired of the PC bull shit. Im tired of having to be made feel to be guilty that im white. Im tired of every other race being able to say whatever they want about white people without having to face any repercussions. But if I say the wrong thing by mistake or I am misinterpreted, or something I say comes out wrong im forever branded a racist. Fuck that, im tired of my words being twisted and turned around to be made into racist statements. When is society and the govt going to realize that racism will always be around and always prevalant. I know everyone wants to erase racism this that and the other. But all the progress society has made race realtions wise is taking a step back. Im seeing more and more white people getting sick and tired of it and they are getting more racist then ever. And truth be told im getting sick and tired of it. Im know im sought of going all over the place with this but im not good at putting my thoughts together in a organized fashion. But when did this country become so pussified. For christ sakes everything offends everyone now. What Imus said was wrong but its not like he said, lets go lynch some niggers. Its fucked up b/c the black people that are the most offended are the ones that say honky this, cracka that. And the white people that support the firing of Imus are the same ones that when they see a group of black people get all shook, but when the coast is clear its suddenly, ooo I love black people. I really have a lot of thoughts in my mind right now but im so pissed off and disapointed in society that Im not making much sense. But last but not least... FUCK AL SHARPTON I HOPE YOU FUCKIN DIE YOU COCKSUCKIN PIECE OF SHIT. Almost every black person ive known in my life does not like al sharpton and they see him for the self serving publicty hound that could give two fucks about the black community. But it shows you how fucked up white america is. B/C black people know if they had a genuine good guy as there voice (even though I dont think any group of people should have a single voice to represent them, but lets not be stupid people we all know how society is) white america wouldnt listen. So they gotta leave it up to some piece of shit like sharpton b/c that is the only way white america will listen, even tho they are only listening b/c they view sharpton as a common day coon show. But even though he hurts race relations more then he helps and as bad as he makes black people look in the eyes of white people, he atleast forces white people to acknowledge some of the fucked up shit that happens to black people. Well im done ranting and raving about my extreme views on on everything, and I doubt anyone will read this and if they do I doubt I get any real feedback from anyone. And if anyone thinks im a racist myself after reading this I could really give two fucks b/c I know im not a racist, I hate everyone equally.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 06:32:23 PM »

What a bunch of BS ....if this was directly from a wave of complaints, then clearly you are seeing that no one is defending free speech. Whoever rang up to complain about this....what a bunch of losers with all of the shit happening in america they make this their number 1 concern  :o oh and Tommy I agree with you white people have got to stop feeling guilty and stop being pussys. Personally I never was racist but if a black person is being insulting to me....you know I would be a hypocrite to get violent about it but I point out to him his hypocritical bs.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 11:32:34 PM »
Rev. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson

can't stand these 2 attention seeking muthafuckers.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 11:38:39 PM »
i posted this on myspace

Im tired of the PC bull shit. Im tired of having to be made feel to be guilty that im white. Im tired of every other race being able to say whatever they want about white people without having to face any repercussions. But if I say the wrong thing by mistake or I am misinterpreted, or something I say comes out wrong im forever branded a racist. Fuck that, im tired of my words being twisted and turned around to be made into racist statements. When is society and the govt going to realize that racism will always be around and always prevalant. I know everyone wants to erase racism this that and the other. But all the progress society has made race realtions wise is taking a step back. Im seeing more and more white people getting sick and tired of it and they are getting more racist then ever. And truth be told im getting sick and tired of it. Im know im sought of going all over the place with this but im not good at putting my thoughts together in a organized fashion. But when did this country become so pussified. For christ sakes everything offends everyone now. What Imus said was wrong but its not like he said, lets go lynch some niggers. Its fucked up b/c the black people that are the most offended are the ones that say honky this, cracka that. And the white people that support the firing of Imus are the same ones that when they see a group of black people get all shook, but when the coast is clear its suddenly, ooo I love black people. I really have a lot of thoughts in my mind right now but im so pissed off and disapointed in society that Im not making much sense. But last but not least... FUCK AL SHARPTON I HOPE YOU FUCKIN DIE YOU COCKSUCKIN PIECE OF SHIT. Almost every black person ive known in my life does not like al sharpton and they see him for the self serving publicty hound that could give two fucks about the black community. But it shows you how fucked up white america is. B/C black people know if they had a genuine good guy as there voice (even though I dont think any group of people should have a single voice to represent them, but lets not be stupid people we all know how society is) white america wouldnt listen. So they gotta leave it up to some piece of shit like sharpton b/c that is the only way white america will listen, even tho they are only listening b/c they view sharpton as a common day coon show. But even though he hurts race relations more then he helps and as bad as he makes black people look in the eyes of white people, he atleast forces white people to acknowledge some of the fucked up shit that happens to black people. Well im done ranting and raving about my extreme views on on everything, and I doubt anyone will read this and if they do I doubt I get any real feedback from anyone. And if anyone thinks im a racist myself after reading this I could really give two fucks b/c I know im not a racist, I hate everyone equally.

Angery white Americans are the ones that voted in Bush... food for thought.

herpes

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 02:36:18 PM »
i posted this on myspace

Angery white Americans are the ones that voted in Bush... food for thought.

no, trusting mid westeners that believe the govt would never lie to them and would never play on there deepest beliefs are the ones that voted in bush.  Almost every angry white person I know, and I know a lot didnt vote for bush.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 02:55:57 PM »
i posted this on myspace

On point, but how dare you insult Al Sharpton. The man's pimptastic.