Author Topic: Sony Says They've Won Video Game War...  (Read 742 times)

Sub-Z

Re: Sony Says They've Won Video Game War...
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2002, 08:16:54 PM »
bpg,obviously you dont know anything (but since you work in the video game department of where you work i guess youre the expert here ) xbox has plenty of games to make anyone forget about the 3 good ps2 games,microsofts online plan is easily better than sony's,sony allowing 56k users to log on is going to slow everything down,where as microsoft is making it broadband only which mean virtually no lag (and dont even use the excuse that its leaving out the people with 56k)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2002, 11:49:46 PM »
ive said it once,and ill say it again,sales dont mean shit,especially when yur microsoft.......

word...
an example IMO to this with rap:
nelly, i dont like him. he sux lol. (i'll give him props for his success and making the clubs go crazy and shit). but look how many albums he sold? is he the best? fuck no.. lol he's made catchy songs. a lotta money but not the best

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2002, 11:51:06 PM »
where as microsoft is making it broadband only which mean virtually no lag (and dont even use the excuse that its leaving out the people with 56k)

yeah thats tight. it'll be pretty fast then, damn but i got 56k... but i wanna get cable by end of the summer , and this also gives me another reason to get cable as well
i mean i'd like it to have 56 k as well but then.. what would be the point if u could barely move in the game?

Don Mega

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Doggpound just for the fuck of it
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2002, 08:32:34 AM »

word...
an example IMO to this with rap:
nelly, i dont like him. he sux lol. (i'll give him props for his success and making the clubs go crazy and shit). but look how many albums he sold? is he the best? fuck no.. lol he's made catchy songs. a lotta money but not the best

theres a big difference in games pushing huge units than music pushing huge units. The music sells because its played on the radio every other minute, thats the same reason why eminem are selling to non hiphop fans! because everyone are forced to listen to the music! the games sell because they are dope as hell., i haven't experienced anyone forcing me to play a game every other minute like music does

As for the ps2 not having online (which is buyable) the xbox doesnt have dvd player (i think)

but in the gaming world theres not really a need to use the term bandwaggon as there is in the music world.

p.s. even though the ps2 was released a year before the xbox it still pushes hella more units.

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2002, 09:20:09 AM »
^^ Xbox does have DVD. I think tha Xbox DVD works better than tha PS2 DVD.

But anywayz, Poeple are trippin over two different things. Sub Z is saying the Xbox is better than tha PS2 and has more quality games. It's tha superior Console. And BPG is saying that Xbox's businesss isn't going too good, and why bother getting the system when they might go down pretty soon.

I agree with both of you. I think Xbox truly is better than tha PS2, and I can say this cuz I have both systems. It feels like a better system, feels more powerful, It's just better overall, but still, It kinda sucks that we get games months after PS2 already has them. And I know Xbox didn't do to well in Europe and Japan but I heard they were doing pretty good out here in tha U.S.

You hear different shit from different people. Xbox representatives will tell you that it's doing good to keep your hope alive. PS2 representatives tell you tha Xbox is going down to scare their potential buyers. It's kinda hard, you don't know who to believe.

I just go by what I hear from people. Alot of people own PS2, of course more people own PS2 than Xbox. It was out a year before and is probably a little cheaper by now. So because more people own tha Console.. of course more games are gonna be sold for it. And there's still a big Buzz going around about tha Xbox. All tha people that know what's up, know it's tha superior system. But what's does that matter if they aint got nobody backing them up.

Now you can argue that MICROSOFT is so powerful, they got so much money and they wont let it die. Now, that can be true, they could put alot more money in it, but they aint gonna invest all that money if they dont think they're gonna get it back. If they are losing more than they are gaining.. it's pretty stupid to think they're gonna keep investing/losing money.

I'm gonna keep my Xbox. I see alot of good games comin' out for it... I hope it does good, Only time will tell though really.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

elneckio

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2002, 09:45:36 AM »
One thing that the PS/2 and XBox both have going for them that the Gamecube doesn't (as far as I have read).  Is the possibility to write your own code for them...

The PS/2 now has a Sony produced Linux for PS2 package which allows you to write code for the console..  and someones published how to work out the encryption system on the XBox which will probably eventually lead to modded consoles which allow third party code to be run i.e. home made games and demos.  Ok this won't ever be mainstream or big sales but it does effect the choice of some peeps e.g. me if I was buying one right now ;)
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Sub-Z

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2002, 09:59:00 AM »
actually the xbox is doing pretty good in europe,ever since the price dropped the sales picked up,and japan just hates american products (its true) so they dont buy the xbox but they buy ps2 because its made by a japanese company and has all of those lame japanese RPGs.....

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2002, 10:21:42 AM »
i don't see the reason to get amped over a video game console, personally i prefer the games lineup from nintendo, but i'll be playing all three systems by fall anyways (gotta get an x-box for their updated/expanded Shenmue 2)... each system has its own advantages...
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

Big BpG

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2002, 11:28:50 AM »
The reason i would buy an Xbox is for "halo" and that is it, nothing else, nothing at all... i wouldn't get it for "blood wake" "jet set grind radio" "azurik" "wreckless" ... dead or alive 3 seems like a tight game, but ps2 has DOA2 and it gets repetitive... I played wreckless and hated the controls...  however it wasn't a bad game, but truthfully... i believe PS2 is a hella of a lot better... sure, Xbox might have the edge graphically, but not overwhelmingly.... you guys say that the PS2 is only three games... and i guess you think those games are "gta3" ..."MGS2" ... "FFX" .... but I think now we can say "Medal Of Honor: Frontline" deserves a spot there... along with the best racing game "GT3" ... and I believe "Jak and Daxter" is the best adventure game on any console right now... and PS2 really controls the whole video game industry right now... when sony dropped their price... xbox had to... sony was selling a lot better to mircrosofts xbox at $300 anyway... so when sony dropped off a $100 there was no way xbox could compete without dropping itself too... and gamecube had to drop because they dont have a DVD player in their system... and about the online gaming... yes, ps2 will have the ability to have 56k users play online ... which to me is good for their business... xbox is trying to get the best playablity out of online use, but not everyone who owns a xbox also has a broadband connection... but ive played online PC's games that allow 56k users to play in what they call "mixed rooms" where 56k and broadband can play and then their our broadband rooms where only broadband players can play... so if sony uses that strategy, then broadband users dont have to worry about a "lag" .... and what really excites me is that EA Sports said that Madden 2003 will play online play for the PS2 this year... and possibly wait for an Xbox online playable version in 2004... not official, but EA sports said

"we have thrown our support instantly to Sony right now, which means we will have our online games franchised for the PS2 this year"

and if you dont know, PS2 already has an online game in Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3... now that should be cool...

now im not bashing Xbox, but they are the worse selling console system... and i believe its for their game selections... if I buy another system it will be GC and I will only buy it if Zelda turns out to be a great game...

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2002, 12:11:02 PM »
You watch out for the X-Box it'll pick up, yeah there aint much choice of titles right now (UK), but wait till xmas goddamn online gaming and the selection of games will be xplosive, its Microsoft for fucc's sake they are the HUGEST company around
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

Sub-Z

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2002, 12:47:06 PM »
another case of someone not knowing shit about the games for xbox and just assumes it doesnt have any good ones,and for yur info bpg,microsoft was gonna drop the price anyways,but sony dropped it a day b4 microsoft,and now everyone thinks microsoft did it cause sony did it,i could name tons of games comin out/alreayd came outfor xbox,and mgs2 wont be ps2 only for long mgs2:substance an dcomin to xbox,gta3 isnt really that great,project gotham is soo much ebtter than GT3,FFX is more cut scenes than gameplay

Big BpG

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2002, 01:43:52 PM »
another case of someone not knowing shit about the games for xbox and just assumes it doesnt have any good ones,and for yur info bpg,microsoft was gonna drop the price anyways,but sony dropped it a day b4 microsoft,and now everyone thinks microsoft did it cause sony did it,i could name tons of games comin out/alreayd came outfor xbox,and mgs2 wont be ps2 only for long mgs2:substance an dcomin to xbox,gta3 isnt really that great,project gotham is soo much ebtter than GT3,FFX is more cut scenes than gameplay

lmao @ Project Gotham is better than Gran Trusimo 3 .... your funny

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Sub-Z

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2002, 02:36:36 PM »

lmao @ Project Gotham is better than Gran Trusimo 3 .... your funny

-Big BpG

lmao@youve probably never played it for more than 10 minutes,if youve played it at all

but hey yur a snoop fan,i didnt expect any intelligent comments from you...

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2002, 03:01:18 PM »
^^^ You're a hater... straight up LoL... You sound like a snobby Xbox owner.. I used to be that way about tha Dreamcast. Even though I agree with you that Xbox is better..

Project Gotham was pretty wack IMO. I'd say GT3 is better, mainly cuz you can hook your ride up.. that's what makes Project Gotham wack..

He's a Snoop fan, but I doubt you're even a Rap fan at all. I've never seen you post anything besides lil dumb comments.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Sub-Z

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2002, 03:21:44 PM »
^^^ You're a hater... straight up LoL... You sound like a snobby Xbox owner.. I used to be that way about tha Dreamcast. Even though I agree with you that Xbox is better..

Project Gotham was pretty wack IMO. I'd say GT3 is better, mainly cuz you can hook your ride up.. that's what makes Project Gotham wack..

He's a Snoop fan, but I doubt you're even a Rap fan at all. I've never seen you post anything besides lil dumb comments.

lol im not into rap but thats all i listen to ,ok makes sense ::)

it was a joke,obviously you dont have a sense of humor,and this whole subject is a matter of opinion and im just stating mine,you got a problem with that?