Author Topic: Cosby blames Tupac for drug plague  (Read 799 times)

piankeyfan

• Lil Geezy
Cosby blames Tupac for drug plague
« on: April 14, 2007, 05:39:41 PM »
Cosby speaking at:
Save Our Children forum in the auditorium of Community College of Philadelphia.

Typical of Cosby's style of stinging and controversial commentary, he also faulted the love shown to the late rapper Tupac Shakur. He said it was crazy for Shakur, who was fatally shot in Las Vegas in 1996, and his mother to enjoy the proceeds from Shakur's drug sales.

"In the book, 'To Momma With Love,' or something like that, he is so happy that he's able to take money from selling cocaine and give the money to his mother," Cosby said.

"How wonderful. Isn't that wonderful. You've got to be kidding. How many lives have you ruined selling packets? How many mothers are not going to go to work because they want to snort? How many dead mothers because of crack, how many babies we got to make turn around because they are crack babies?"

Cosby said the house Shakur bought his mother should be adorned with the pictures of users who died due to drug use.

"Hang up the pictures of the people's lives you ruined," Cosby declared.

"Piankey got them bangers"- www.myspace.com/piankey
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 06:02:45 PM by piankeyfan »

"Who you callin' nappyheaded ho?"

floatin_above_everything

Re: Cosby blames Tupac for drug plague
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 05:49:59 PM »
It's not like coke dealers force people to buy ( well, usually lol ). He needs to worry about his own shit, how are you gonna blame the supplier. You think if there were nio dealers, the demand would die too. Fuck outta here Cosby.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 05:59:32 PM »
He's only tryin' to make a point for the Black Community.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 06:28:46 PM »
i never got why pac was viewed as such a hero

martmodem

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 07:29:05 PM »
Tupac is a hero because we (young black males) said so.  Cosby has plenty of skeletons in his closet for him to be coming at Pac's (RIP) legacy.  Tupac wasn't moving any serious weight.  He was from the gutter, his moms was on crack. 

He did what he had to do to survive.  He embodied every aspect of the young, black male.  Yes his music was the theme for many drug dealers but he never focused his music on drug sales.  Give me a song title or a line in which Pac makes a reference to moving major weight and I'll give you 10X that on how he sends a positive message. 

Pac was one of the good thugs, like Bone: "gotta make that money, moving them dummys rocks so a nigga don't go broke."  Somebody that you could actually see yourself talking to.  A hustler with a heart.  I met him once (1993) and he was real cool.

In closing Pac educated a lot of us where our fathers didn't.  His focus was on believe in God, avoid suckas, knock bitches, respect black WOMEN, get money and fuck the cops.  Come on man.  You can't relate (other nationalities) because you couldn't FEEL Pac in your soul and in your life.  I swear whites are the biggest Pac critics.  All you know is "How Do U" and "California Love."  And Cosby is the white voice in the black community right now.  Remember how many lives he touched and how he gave us a little self esteam while he was here.

martmodem

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 07:33:45 PM »

And you're a 5 Star General on a West Coast forum?  No beef intended but man are you trying to stir up something with that statement?  Pac is to us YBM like . . . everything.  No homo.  Over 25 know what it is.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 07:44:25 PM »

And you're a 5 Star General on a West Coast forum?  No beef intended but man are you trying to stir up something with that statement?  Pac is to us YBM like . . . everything.  No homo.  Over 25 know what it is.

ROFL!

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 07:56:29 PM »
2pac is legend, nuff said

Al Bundy

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 08:50:55 PM »
You can't relate (other nationalities) because you couldn't FEEL Pac in your soul and in your life.  I swear whites are the biggest Pac critics.  All you know is "How Do U" and "California Love."  And Cosby is the white voice in the black community right now.  Remember how many lives he touched and how he gave us a little self esteam while he was here.

This is full of racist bullshit. So because we're not the same skin color of you then we automatically can't "feel" his music and that since we're not black, we only know two songs of 2pac. Get off your high chair you shit tick.

martmodem

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 09:12:28 PM »
You can't relate (other nationalities) because you couldn't FEEL Pac in your soul and in your life.  I swear whites are the biggest Pac critics.  All you know is "How Do U" and "California Love."  And Cosby is the white voice in the black community right now.  Remember how many lives he touched and how he gave us a little self esteam while he was here.

This is full of racist bullshit. So because we're not the same skin color of you then we automatically can't "feel" his music and that since we're not black, we only know two songs of 2pac. Get off your high chair you shit tick.

No racist here dog.  I'm just stating the facts.  Tupac's biggest critcs are white people.  Not be on some "some of my best friends" bullshit but my white homey listened to Pac at a point in time more than me.  He loved that dude to death.  That's what made him so great is that everybody SHOULD've felt his music.  But white white people are quick to try and neutralize his legacy on some artistry bullshit.  Trying to critique his flows or style of music.  Or his life choices.  I'm here to protect it.

The only time you hear black people talk shit about Pac is when they say "he's a hypocrite or he fell off when . . ."  But no one will ever call him fake because he was the REALIST rap artist ever, period.  Pac was your cousin or brother or uncle.  He could've sold us out be he never did.  And like in the movie Gladiator says, "and they will love him for it." 1.

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 09:27:44 PM »
to this day i havent heard anybody make songs as deep as tupac.

Tupac has the widest range of fans.

U can be the hardest gangbanger listening to tupac wit songs like Hail mary and hit em up

U can also be the most nicest guy in the world listening to tupac wit songs like Keep ya head up and dear mama.
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 01:44:32 AM »
this is bullshit. Pac said "even though i sell rocks, it feels good putting money in your mailbox", which suggests he knew it was wrong.
 But rap lyrics are only ever taken at face value by the critics which results in the whole "rap is evil" bollocks in the media.

Pac was telling a story, not advocating a way of life.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 09:32:14 AM »

Because he's dead.

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 09:48:57 AM »

I agree.. martmodem get out of here with this racist shit.. just because I'm white I can't "fee" pac's music.. fuck that.. Pac is just about the ONLY artist I felt when listening to his music.. dude has so much emotion in his lyrics.. you could feel it from his voice, his energy.. everything.

And in your response to Al Bundy you change your tone and instead of just "white" people not being able to "feel" Pac you change it to "white white" people... what the fuck is that.. who are "white white" people?  Why not just say people who are not fans of rap music and who don't understand the culture are the one's that are being critiques and can't "feel" Pac's music.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 09:55:09 AM »
mart: Cosby disses 2pac and white whites are the problem? Fuck outta here.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram