Author Topic: Cosby blames Tupac for drug plague  (Read 798 times)

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Cosby blames Tupac for drug plague
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 11:12:24 AM »
mart: Cosby disses 2pac and white whites are the problem? Fuck outta here.

-T
cosby is the problem for blaming 2pac, how can you blame someone who's trying to give young black males a positive message.  cosby is an uncle tom, he should stop talking shit, and start taking action in helping his race.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »

-T
cosby is the problem for blaming 2pac, how can you blame someone who's trying to give young black males a positive message.  cosby is an uncle tom, he should stop talking shit, and start taking action in helping his race.
LOL, who will listen to him though?

If he wants to help his community he should be taking aims at people who are influencing the kids NOW. Pac deserves his praise for what he had deep inside him and what he was promoting so the stab at Pac was a lil unnecessary but he's a hero to many in the Hip Hop World and I think that's why he did it.

But there's many more to recognize for the ignorance that kids be following now at days. Shit's crazy.

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 11:47:57 AM »

-T
LOL, who will listen to him though?

If he wants to help his community he should be taking aims at people who are influencing the kids NOW. Pac deserves his praise for what he had deep inside him and what he was promoting so the stab at Pac was a lil unnecessary but he's a hero to many in the Hip Hop World and I think that's why he did it.

But there's many more to recognize for the ignorance that kids be following now at days. Shit's crazy.

Well said. I dont think Cosby is 100% wrong but why single out Pac? There are soooo many worse offenders of what Bill is talking about in hip-hop. Even if he did glorify certain things at least Pac did balance it out by have many songs with equally good messages. Whereas there are other rappers that are influencing the youth NOW who's whole CAREERS have been based around selling cocaine, disrespecting women, etc. Go after those guys. Leave the dead alone.

dredayeverydayy

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 11:57:18 AM »
RIP pac

LiLDuVall tHe CaLi-Vanian

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 04:27:28 PM »
how about blaming drug dealers fo the drug plague...i respect bill cosby but u can't blame pac for somethin that was here before he was here and still is now that he is gone

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 05:26:02 PM »
No racist here dog.  I'm just stating the facts.  Tupac's biggest critcs are white people. 

Hey, just wondering where you came across a fact like this. Did someone take a poll?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 05:27:10 PM »
No racist here dog.  I'm just stating the facts.  Tupac's biggest critcs are white people. 

Hey, just wondering where you came across a fact like this. Did someone take a poll?

really? that's why c.delores tucker is white right?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Blu Lacez

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 05:45:16 PM »

really? that's why C.Delores tucker is white right?

-T

^
  Delores Tucker is black??..Or are you being sarcastic??

Blu

martmodem

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 09:52:02 PM »

I ain't biting my tongue man.  This whole turn of focus (Cosby dissing) comes from Al Bundy saying some dumb shit like "I never understood how he was such a hero."  That's when it turned to race.  Man, you can speak on Pac's music all you want but don't try and devalue his legacy if you aren't black.  I hear little slick shit all the time from non black people about Pac this and that.  You can't really understand his importance if you ain't been through the struggle man.  This man was our voice to the world.  He was huge and he stayed loving his people.  Now look at hiphop.  And Bob Dole is white. 

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 10:12:44 PM »
What a lame ass Foo

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 10:17:05 PM »

really? that's why C.Delores tucker is white right?

-T

^
  Delores Tucker is black??..Or are you being sarcastic??

Blu
He was being sarcastic.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 10:22:02 PM »
how about blaming drug dealers fo the drug plague...i respect bill cosby but u can't blame pac for somethin that was here before he was here and still is now that he is gone

I dont think Cosby is 100% wrong but why single out Pac? There are soooo many worse offenders of what Bill is talking about in hip-hop. Even if he did glorify certain things at least Pac did balance it out by have many songs with equally good messages. Whereas there are other rappers that are influencing the youth NOW who's whole CAREERS have been based around selling cocaine, disrespecting women, etc. Go after those guys. Leave the dead alone.

Both posts are on point.

Why not go after someone like 50 Cent or Young Jeezy we are curently rapping about drugs, then someone who is dead? At least 2Pac put positive lyrics in his music. Cats like 50 or Jeezy havent even tried. Or better yet why not blame the actuall drug dealers and law enforcement?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 10:40:26 PM »
People that didn't bump Pac while he was alive will never have any clue about how incredible he was.  Pac was so versatile - I always said that there's a Pac song for whatever you're going through.  That was what made him incredible - you could relate to him regardless of how old you were, where you were from, or what color you were.  I remember my Pops givin me shit for listening to Pac when I was a youngin.  And I played him Dear Mama and he couldn't believe how powerful that song was.  Pac was far from perfect but he new that and he admitted it and talked about it. 

I got drunk as fuck on saturday night and on my way back to my house I bumped disc 2 from AEOM.  Played it straight through and still know damn near every verse line for line.  That shit still blows me away even today. 

It's a tragedy how much his legacy has been completely raped and pillaged since he died.  Changing his music like they have done is like pissing on his grave in my opinion. 

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 07:51:14 AM »
^^^^
yeah man they're rapin' his work...
Pac is better then everyone else because of his variety...now people act like he did just California Love and How Do You Want It...and now put them on songs with
50 etc...
I can't understand why that Crosby guy blames Pac... i mean there are enough rappers that glorify drug dealin' (we all know Pac didn't just glorify it) who are alive and can defend... that's not fair,

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 10:48:25 AM »
Tupac is a hero because we (young black males) said so.  Cosby has plenty of skeletons in his closet for him to be coming at Pac's (RIP) legacy.  Tupac wasn't moving any serious weight.  He was from the gutter, his moms was on crack. 

He did what he had to do to survive.  He embodied every aspect of the young, black male.  Yes his music was the theme for many drug dealers but he never focused his music on drug sales.  Give me a song title or a line in which Pac makes a reference to moving major weight and I'll give you 10X that on how he sends a positive message. 

Pac was one of the good thugs, like Bone: "gotta make that money, moving them dummys rocks so a nigga don't go broke."  Somebody that you could actually see yourself talking to.  A hustler with a heart.  I met him once (1993) and he was real cool.

In closing Pac educated a lot of us where our fathers didn't.  His focus was on believe in God, avoid suckas, knock bitches, respect black WOMEN, get money and fuck the cops.  Come on man.  You can't relate (other nationalities) because you couldn't FEEL Pac in your soul and in your life.  I swear whites are the biggest Pac critics.  All you know is "How Do U" and "California Love."  And Cosby is the white voice in the black community right now.  Remember how many lives he touched and how he gave us a little self esteam while he was here.

nice post...

What really made 2pac great was the whole Black Jesus (theme) that was explored on the Outlaws "Still I Rise" album.  Where they talked about a Black Jesus that "smoked like they smoked", etc.   The idea is that 2pac was a representative of the disenfranchised and the dredges of society.  He was raised in poverty, his mother was in jail when she was pregnant with him, his father was never around, his mother was on crack... and yet, 2pac could make music, poetry and conversation that could make you laugh, make you cry... like he says about his poem, "The Rose that Grew From The Cracks Of Concrete", that people only wanted to complain because some of his pedals were messed up rather than marvel at the fact that a rose had grown from the cracks of concrete.  So he had been to prison, falsely accused, shot 5 times, and so on.. but he still overcame and even his death is shrouded in mystery.  So so many people feel like they can relate to him and are inspired by him.

He advocated in his music, "The elevation of today's generation if I can make them listen."  He was about the upliftment of his generation and people, he once said that if he hadn't of made it as a rapper he was about to join the New Black Panther Party and work for social advancement through that organization.  His music was art, and it was about overcoming the odds, he expressed love in his music more than any other rapper, and he kept it way real.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 10:52:19 AM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop..by -Infinite- »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)