Author Topic: Cosby blames Tupac for drug plague  (Read 800 times)

Blu Lacez

Re: Cosby blames Tupac for drug plague
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 11:24:46 AM »
Tupac is a hero because we (young black males) said so.  Cosby has plenty of skeletons in his closet for him to be coming at Pac's (RIP) legacy.  Tupac wasn't moving any serious weight.  He was from the gutter, his moms was on crack. 

He did what he had to do to survive.  He embodied every aspect of the young, black male.  Yes his music was the theme for many drug dealers but he never focused his music on drug sales.  Give me a song title or a line in which Pac makes a reference to moving major weight and I'll give you 10X that on how he sends a positive message. 

Pac was one of the good thugs, like Bone: "gotta make that money, moving them dummys rocks so a nigga don't go broke."  Somebody that you could actually see yourself talking to.  A hustler with a heart.  I met him once (1993) and he was real cool.

In closing Pac educated a lot of us where our fathers didn't.  His focus was on believe in God, avoid suckas, knock bitches, respect black WOMEN, get money and fuck the cops.  Come on man.  You can't relate (other nationalities) because you couldn't FEEL Pac in your soul and in your life.  I swear whites are the biggest Pac critics.  All you know is "How Do U" and "California Love."  And Cosby is the white voice in the black community right now.  Remember how many lives he touched and how he gave us a little self esteam while he was here.

nice post...

What really made 2pac great was the whole Black Jesus (theme) that was explored on the Outlaws "Still I Rise" album.  Where they talked about a Black Jesus that "smoked like they smoked", etc.   The idea is that 2pac was a representative of the disenfranchised and the dredges of society.  He was raised in poverty, his mother was in jail when she was pregnant with him, his father was never around, his mother was on crack... and yet, 2pac could make music, poetry and conversation that could make you laugh, make you cry... like he says about his poem, "The Rose that Grew From The Cracks Of Concrete", that people only wanted to complain because some of his pedals were messed up rather than marvel at the fact that a rose had grown from the cracks of concrete.  So he had been to prison, falsely accused, shot 5 times, and so on.. but he still overcame and even his death is shrouded in mystery.  So so many people feel like they can relate to him and are inspired by him.

He advocated in his music, "The elevation of today's generation if I can make them listen."  He was about the upliftment of his generation and people, he once said that if he hadn't of made it as a rapper he was about to join the New Black Panther Party and work for social advancement through that organization.  His music was art, and it was about overcoming the odds, he expressed love in his music more than any other rapper, and he kept it way real.

**thats sum in-depth info right there!!

much Props for that!!

Blu

kevlar

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 12:58:26 PM »
It's not like coke dealers force people to buy ( well, usually lol ). He needs to worry about his own shit, how are you gonna blame the supplier. You think if there were nio dealers, the demand would die too. Fuck outta here Cosby.

i think his arguement is that drug dealers may not be forcing people to do these drugs, but that they're not helping the struggle.  adding fuel to the fire (not my opinion)
"jack of all trades
gotta get my chips
manipulate yo broad
put her up on craigs list"

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 01:55:52 PM »
Haha...this thread is a joke.

Pac can be a symbol/voice for the struggling, lower class generation of America and be called a coward, a bitch of a man for addressing the problems he saw folks go through on a day to day basis.

But Eminem can run his mouth about popping pills, glorifly the deterioration of the human mind, straight downtalk and disrespect one's mother...in front of MILLIONS of people from different generations through BET MTV and all the radio statiosn, yet Cosby seems to not bring that up.

All these Top ten MTV video artists can talk about straight up BULLSHIT, yet they don't address THAT problem.

Some of you are just...ridiculous.

Fuckin ridiculous.

W
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 04:24:03 PM »
Am I the only one who didn't see where Cosby blamed Pac for the "drug plague?" All I saw was an opinion that many BLACK PEOPLE would also agree with.

40 Cal

• Lil Geezy
  • It's Da Man
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 05:01:59 PM »
Cosby Dat B**** tryin to target a legend
40 Cali

The King Of L.A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK YOU !!!
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 05:16:28 PM »
that old fart should shut the fuck up..............The cosby show got me into crac,k it was that wack...

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 05:28:45 PM »
that old fart should shut the fuck up..............The cosby show got me into crac,k it was that wack...

props. preach

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

dexter

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2007, 07:50:17 AM »
No racist here dog.  I'm just stating the facts.  Tupac's biggest critcs are white people. 

Hey, just wondering where you came across a fact like this. Did someone take a poll?

really? that's why C.Delores tucker is white right?
Oh Boy

-T

^
  Delores Tucker is black??..Or are you being sarcastic??

Blu
He was being sarcastic.