Author Topic: KAM - MURDER DEM MURDERERS (PROD. DR. DRE) AUDIO  (Read 2652 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: KAM - MURDER DEM MURDERERS (PROD. DR. DRE) AUDIO
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2007, 11:36:38 AM »
Goddamn, "Showin You Off" is the first official 2007 summer anthem!!! 8) 8) 8)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2007, 11:42:08 AM »
this shits bangin....nuttin wrong with the beat, it aint nuttin groundbreaking, but the shits more lyrical, some dark shit but its not too laid back to make niggaz sleep....

snoop should have put this on his album, cuz this is bangin, it is kinda controversial still, but overall this is nice, dre gave snoop a beat that sounded more 'dre' and they decide not to put it on the album, damn....

nice joint overall,

props

pz
Snoop didn't want it on his album because he didn't want to draw attention to possible criminal activity, given all of his legal problems.  I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with the music, because its bangin!

I thought "Imagine" and "Boss Life" were solid, good Dre beats.  "Round Here," on the other hand, is a real boring song, and why would you use something that has been sampled so famously?  Its almost like Dre did a buy 2 beats, get "Round Here" for free type of thing.  That's the weakest track on TBCT IMO, besides The Westurn Union and Warzone tracks.

The Predator

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2007, 11:44:21 AM »
Kam on the warpath

''Tookie we gonna put arnold in the hot seat,
hows that nazi gonna deny you,
fuck police chief bratton,
hes the reason blacks are feuding with the latins...''

« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 11:47:25 AM by The Predator »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2007, 11:45:18 AM »
this shits bangin....nuttin wrong with the beat, it aint nuttin groundbreaking, but the shits more lyrical, some dark shit but its not too laid back to make niggaz sleep....

snoop should have put this on his album, cuz this is bangin, it is kinda controversial still, but overall this is nice, dre gave snoop a beat that sounded more 'dre' and they decide not to put it on the album, damn....

nice joint overall,

props

pz
Snoop didn't want it on his album because he didn't want to draw attention to possible criminal activity, given all of his legal problems.  I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with the music, because its bangin!

I thought "Imagine" and "Boss Life" were solid, good Dre beats.  "Round Here," on the other hand, is a real boring song, and why would you use something that has been sampled so famously?  Its almost like Dre did a buy 2 beats, get "Round Here" for free type of thing.  That's the weakest track on TBCT IMO, besides The Westurn Union and Warzone tracks.

i really like the piano on this Kam song, the drums are not as tight to me, but it works still. good strings.

anyway, the key to round here is the vocal cooing that goes along with the main chord progression, it comes and goes throughout the song when the song builds tension...once you hear that melody happening, the song never lacks again. at least that was my impression.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2007, 12:31:02 PM »
^^^nah homie while i agree with parts of what you saying, its not always like that, often dre will give niggaz a few beats and then tell them to choose one, but when dre is in studio with big cats, he'll often work on a beat too....and about the outta control remix(which was dope but nuttin amazing, kinda the set off this weaker new sound imo)....dre and 50 made that joint originally for the massacre but 50 decided not to put it on the album thinking it aint good enough...then when he was working on the ost, 50 was going through his computer to check some of his shit he already got and was "buggin" why he didnt choose that joint to make the album...i remember reading it...anyway i think theres def a thing about which beat an artist will choose but dre will only have so many options to give a nigga, if something truly amazing was there, best believe snoop would have chosen it, nobody know dres sound better than snoop....but also dre needs energy and inspiration when making beats, something he gets when he works with new cats more often...and right now he sound is not inspired at all, this aint about people who are choosing his beats, its about dre not having the fire right now...dre at his peak would give you options and everyone of them would be fire....right now his either saving his best shit for himself or we have yet to hear it...i have faith in doc dre....

this joint here is nice still

pz

I think right its the same thing as it was in 99. Dre is dropping some leftovers (sadly still better than 99% of production out), of course with some exceptions. And while Snoop, Nas, Jay-Z, Buck got those leftovers lets say "unfinished beats", Im predicting that 50, D12 and Stat Quo will have those better beats lets say "very close to Detox sound, beats that didnt make the cut."

Inspiration is also an interesting point, its obvious that Bishop Lamont is the first guy after Snoop and Eminem thats giving Dre that feeling back, I still think that if it wasnt for him Detox would never drop.

Matty

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2007, 12:47:43 PM »
round here is deep guys the bass is a really earth shaker! you need a stupidly loud system but it knocks.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2007, 05:25:22 PM »
^^^nah homie while i agree with parts of what you saying, its not always like that, often dre will give niggaz a few beats and then tell them to choose one, but when dre is in studio with big cats, he'll often work on a beat too....and about the outta control remix(which was dope but nuttin amazing, kinda the set off this weaker new sound imo)....dre and 50 made that joint originally for the massacre but 50 decided not to put it on the album thinking it aint good enough...then when he was working on the ost, 50 was going through his computer to check some of his shit he already got and was "buggin" why he didnt choose that joint to make the album...i remember reading it...anyway i think theres def a thing about which beat an artist will choose but dre will only have so many options to give a nigga, if something truly amazing was there, best believe snoop would have chosen it, nobody know dres sound better than snoop....but also dre needs energy and inspiration when making beats, something he gets when he works with new cats more often...and right now he sound is not inspired at all, this aint about people who are choosing his beats, its about dre not having the fire right now...dre at his peak would give you options and everyone of them would be fire....right now his either saving his best shit for himself or we have yet to hear it...i have faith in doc dre....

pz

I think right its the same thing as it was in 99. Dre is dropping some leftovers (sadly still better than 99% of production out), of course with some exceptions. And while Snoop, Nas, Jay-Z, Buck got those leftovers lets say "unfinished beats", Im predicting that 50, D12 and Stat Quo will have those better beats lets say "very close to Detox sound, beats that didnt make the cut."

Inspiration is also an interesting point, its obvious that Bishop Lamont is the first guy after Snoop and Eminem thats giving Dre that feeling back, I still think that if it wasnt for him Detox would never drop.

why do you think its obvious that bishop is the first cat since em and snoop that is giving dre some real inspiration? because he will be on detox? im just curious as to what you mean by that because maybe you have been following bishop closer than me so you might know some shit i do not...

about that also, i think the last time dre got inspiration in the studio was during GRODT and DOCUMENTARY....grodt was the time apparently when 50 was mo hungry than a homeless nigga from what i hear, the energy was supposed to be crazy and then game gave that same vibe to dre during documentary making when game was gettin buzz, dre was in compton with nigga, they were cooking up some westcoast heat...but both those niggaz got attitude problems which kinda messed with dres plans....

hopefully we see some heat from him soon, cuz i aint really heard a banger from dre in a minute....and he has not released a real hit single since outta control remix....though the missy/busta joint would have blown up....even if it was generic, it would have smashed clubs

pz

ThatSICCNESS

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2007, 11:10:21 PM »
 8) great dark beat
Im diggin the strings and piano.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2007, 12:04:50 AM »
I think Dre was inspired by Hittman in that same way, and half of 2001 is the proof. Plus I really love Hittmanic verses.

anyway, the mystery revealed.

we were all like 'how is a song called 'murder these murderers' too controversial when '10 lil crips' is ok?' but it's because the political attack/tookie stuff. is Kam crip affiliated?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

dclee

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2007, 12:07:31 AM »
I think Dre was inspired by Hittman in that same way, and half of 2001 is the proof. Plus I really love Hittmanic verses.

we were all like 'how is a song called 'murder these murderers' too controversial when '10 lil crips' is ok?' but it's because the political attack/tookie stuff. is Kam crip affiliated?

-T

Yeah KAM is a crip. Not sure what set he's from, but yeah. In fact now that I think about it, not sure where he's from? Watts?

and yeah i'm not surprised that they thought the song was too controversial. especially in these times.

XaNdEr

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2007, 12:23:23 AM »
Watts Up

Al Bundy

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2007, 12:41:41 AM »

-T

Yeah KAM is a crip. Not sure what set he's from, but yeah. In fact now that I think about it, not sure where he's from? Watts?

and yeah i'm not surprised that they thought the song was too controversial. especially in these times.

I don't think he's part of any set. If you listen to his music, I really doubt he'd be into the gangbangin shit.

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2007, 12:45:32 AM »

-T
yeah but what's gonna happen? Snoop's whole life is filled with controversy, from being on trail for murder to him having the image of a Gangsta/Thug. Dude is ban from the UK. Whats the song gonna do, tarnish his reputation more?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2007, 12:55:09 AM »

pz

why do you think its obvious that bishop is the first cat since em and snoop that is giving dre some real inspiration? because he will be on detox? im just curious as to what you mean by that because maybe you have been following bishop closer than me so you might know some shit i do not...

about that also, i think the last time dre got inspiration in the studio was during GRODT and DOCUMENTARY....grodt was the time apparently when 50 was mo hungry than a homeless nigga from what i hear, the energy was supposed to be crazy and then game gave that same vibe to dre during documentary making when game was gettin buzz, dre was in compton with nigga, they were cooking up some westcoast heat...but both those niggaz got attitude problems which kinda messed with dres plans....

hopefully we see some heat from him soon, cuz i aint really heard a banger from dre in a minute....and he has not released a real hit single since outta control remix....though the missy/busta joint would have blown up....even if it was generic, it would have smashed clubs

pz

Dunno, just by listening to Bishops interviews, he even got Dre to go to youtube lol, plus Rebel told it several times and hes legit. Ever since he was singed I have a feeling Dre got his hunger back.

Yeah 50, Game, Busta and Stat are close too but none of them are his true proteges imo, just artists signed to the label.

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2007, 01:48:43 AM »
Nah man i think Game was one of dres best protoges he reps compton dres hometown and he has that hard edge like ice cube and he represents the whole west coast. Game gave dre that energy to bring the west back and dres sound was hot when they were making the documentary even that track with mary j blige was a sick new piano sound he brought to the table all the chords and strings and shit. But i think bishop and dre will have some good shit coming up though.