Author Topic: Israeli Arabs  (Read 151 times)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Israeli Arabs
« on: April 25, 2007, 02:28:37 AM »
The "Israeli Arabs" - vote in elections. But they are a subordinated and marginalized minority. The Star of David on Israel's flag symbolically tells Palestinian citizens: "You don't belong." Israel's Law of Return grants rights of automatic citizenship to Jews anywhere in the world, while those rights are denied to 750,000 Palestinian refugees who were forced or fled in fear from their homes in what became Israel in 1948.

All Israeli politicians are committed to preserving Israel's Jewishness. They have to be, its the law. As the state of the Jewish people, Israel is the only country in the world that expressly claims not to be the state of its actual citizens (who include a million non-Jews), let alone that of the people whom it actually governs (half of whom are Palestinian Arabs).

Most of Israel's land is the property not of the Israeli people, but of Jewish everywhere. As non-Jews, Palestinian citizens of Israel are barred from access to state land.

Israel's newly revised nationality law prohibits Palestinian citizens of Israel from marrying Palestinians from the occupied territories and living with their spouses in Israel. The same law does not apply to Jewish Israelis who marry Jewish settlers living in occupied territories. Similar legislation had been proposed in South Africa at the peak of Apartheid, only to be rejected by that country's supreme court. Israel's nationality law was endorsed by Israel's High Court in 2006.

When Palestinian citizens of Israel demand that their state become the state of all its citizens, they are denounced for imperiling the Jewish nature of that state. The longstanding Palestinian call for a democratic and secular state, for both Arabs and Jews, has always been regarded as a direct threat to Israel's Jewishness.

Israel's Basic Law of Human Dignity and Liberty establishes the state as a "Jewish Democracy" although 24% of the population is non-Jewish. Adalah, the Legal Center for Arab Minority Rights in Israel, counted 20 laws that explicitly privilege Jews over non-Jews.

Palestinian children in Israel attend "separate and unequal" schools that receive a fraction of the funding of the funding awarded Jewish schools. Many Palestinian villages, some predating the establishment of Israel, are unrecognized by the government, do not appear on maps, and thus receive no running water, electricity, or access roads. Since 1948, scores of new communities (colonies) have been founded for Jews, but none for Palestinians, causing severe residential overcrowding.

Anti-Arab bigotry is rarely condemned in Israeli public discourse, in which Palestinians are routinely construed as a "demographic threat." Palestinians in Israel's soccer league have played to chants of "Death to Arabs!" Israeli academic Daniel Bar-Tal studies 124 school texts, finding that they commonly depicted Arabs as inferior, backward, violent, and immoral. A 2006 survey revealed that two-thirds of Israeli Jews would refuse to live in a building with an Arab, nearly half would not allow a Palestinian in their home, and 40% want the government to encourage emigration by Palestinian citizens. In recent elections, Israeli voters awarded 11 parliamentary seats to the Israel Beitenu Party, which advocates drawing Israel's borders to exclude 5000,000 of its Palestinian citizens.

In Apartheid South Africa 87% of the territory was reserved under law for white citizens only, and denied from non-white citizens. In Israel 93% of the territory of the State of Israel, independent of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, is reserved under law for Jewish citizens only.

Jewish citizens are citizens of class A, and non-Jews are second, third and fourth class citizens. This is classic of the South African Apartheid construction when it refers to the essential attributes of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, which is essentially between a settler-colonial state and an indigenous population dispossessed by the colonial project.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
Re: Israeli Arabs
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 03:38:41 AM »
Israeli Jewish society is largely blinded by racism, the result of years of oppression and conquest of the Palestinians. The prospect of a secular democracy is often equated to the destruction of Israeli Jewry in public discourse. Namely , the possibility of Israel discarding its ethnic excluisivism is perceived as one step closer to a second holocaust. This lunacy and hysteria combined with chauvinism provide  a collective psychological deterrent to anything remotely akin to a peaceful settlement. In addition, this system of preservation of the status quo is well recognized in political circles within Israel as well as by Israel's american allies, and is therefore bolstered by U.S support.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 09:27:27 AM »
i geezy when are u gonna apologize for spreading garbage on this site for the last 4 yrs....ur recent change does not impress me much....unless u apoloigize for what u advocated
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 11:34:09 AM »
Tech give the guy a chance, it's hard to stay locked into a paradigm for so long and then realise that many facets of what the paradigm encompassed are falsehoods. I can remember how difficult it was for me to get my head around what was actually being done in Ireland I just to argue with friends about it seeing only the IRA only terrorism and the british soldiers there in order to protect the people and rid the people of the evil presence of the IRA. Granted it was very naive and short sightedness on my part but once you get deeply entrenched in a view point in which you mould all od your opinions around it is very difficult to break out from that cocoon. I am sure he is still finding it hard to come to terms with the realisation of what is really happening people get it twisted about me that I am a "conspiracy theorist" and that i love all of these "conspiracies" it's not like that at all, all the time I am fighting an inner battle with myself because a part of me just wants to deny it all. I should add that I was admittedly someone that was lured in by the horrors of september 11 and dispelled any misgivings I might have had about what the western governments were doing and instead whole heartedly endorsed the bombing of Afghanistan. If I am honest I would have supported the war on terror on any country at that time. It's crazy to look back on what I was like back then I am damn ashamed that I could have supported any of this bs

Hey igeezy you havent responded to my message yet ! ffs i keep littering this reply with typos lol
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 12:16:57 AM by virtuoso »

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 03:03:14 PM »
I would rather be an Arab living in Israel than a Jew living in an Arab country.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 09:24:20 PM »
i would rather be jew in an arab country than be a polack from ohio
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 12:17:12 AM »

By the way how many of those points in that article are actually documented fact? because I have been reading this which seems to either be refuting the facts genuinely or be playing a game of spin http://camera.org/index.asp?x_context=2&x_outlet=69&x_article=1082.
http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=2&x_outlet=69&x_article=1083

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 04:19:02 AM »
4am. get mad jml