Author Topic: gratz to Akon and Snoop dogg  (Read 563 times)

XaNdEr

Re: gratz to Akon and Snoop dogg
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 04:59:16 AM »
y's everyone hatin on akon on here anyway? dude IS talented...so wut is it? the haterade?

Lol no man. Its cuz he aint from the West. The West always had Nate Dogg, Butch Cassidy and Kokane as popular hooksingers. Kokane fell off the mainstream radar and Nate Dogg is still doin his things out there on big projects, but hes not as big as he used to be. And Butch just dropped a jewel with Back B4 You're Lonely but on a mainstream level, nah.

But you know, the West has to give up some of the hook-singing to other people for other area's and regions. and now Akon is pretty popular, so popular he gets asked for doin hooks on pop-songs even (which nate never really did imo) and the hate begins.

Same with 50 Cent, Timbaland, Eminem and everyone who hits the pot of gold in the mainstream and is not from the West.

So its only logical for people to protect their own region against "outsiders" who "might be a threat to their own culture/money/fame/image (fill in what you want)". But you know, im not from the West so i dont really do the hating-part.

Akon IS talented as you say, but not as much as some people like to believe, but certainly not as "untalented" as others would like you to believe as well. He has a unique voice, can produce himself, has a nose for good hooks (and no hes not a fish) and, right now, is popular as fuck, so of course he gonna get asked to do songs.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 05:08:46 AM »
^^ Took the word right out of my mouth.

The hating on this forum is so predictable.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 07:24:11 PM »
Yall are all wrong. That guy just sucks. Has nothin to do with where he's from or any of the other bullshit you fucks keep yip yappin about. It aint "haterade", the guy just makes horrible music. he cant sing and his voice is annoying. The fact that he sells a lot of units means nothing, because we all know the masses like bullshit for the most part anyway.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 08:58:56 PM »
akon is cool///// that song is played out tho

We Fly High

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 10:51:36 PM »
akon and snoop part 3 coming soon.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 12:17:42 AM »
akon and snoop part 3 coming soon.

what does that mean?!!!! lol another collabo? lol

Chief

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 04:22:17 AM »
first time i heard the track i knew it would rip the charts, dope track.

and most people on this forum are too underground to like a pop artists like akon, it's not cool to like what everyone else likes.

and yeah, Akon will be around for a minute, i dont know what he sounds like live, but on a record he sounds real good.

he's worked with snoop, eminem, gwen stafani just to name a few. he aint goin no where soon.