Author Topic: Polow Da Don=one hell of a producer  (Read 738 times)

floatin_above_everything

Polow Da Don=one hell of a producer
« on: April 16, 2007, 05:41:19 PM »
Listening to Young Buck's "Get Buck" in a car stero, I have concluded that this is one of the best hip-hop beats ever made, and definitley the best G-Unit has ever rapped over. Great bass, the horns sound awesome, especially at the end of the song. The tempo changed are expert as well. Damn, this beat is hot 8)

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Polow Da Don=one hell of a producer
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 07:48:45 PM »
If you think this is one of the best hip hop beats ever made, you have not listened to a lot of hip hop or either you're just high.  Get Buck is a dope beat, but come on, one of the best ever? It's not even the best G Unit beat.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 08:12:52 PM »
Awesome fucking beat, again one of the best I've ever heard. And before you start making accusations as too how much hip-hop I've heard, check my posts.

Top notch mixing too, the tempo changes are so smooth. I'm sure youre nothing but a hater of G-Unit, I don't expect much responses, but musically speaking this is one the best beats ever. Better than anything Dre has done in years imo.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 08:45:13 PM »
It's not even top ten G-Unit, let alone one of hip hop's greatest beats. The only part I even like is the intro, when the g-funk synth goes on...but when the horn melody drops, it's whatev to me. It does have a good bounce to it, but it's definitely nothin ridiculous like that

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 08:49:01 PM »
Gotta disagree with you. Complex beat too, and you can't beat those tempo changes. Female vocals in the background were dope as hell, everything about this song clicks sonically. I'm not budging on this one. I didn't start this thread for people to tell me I'm wrong, just listen to the song again, eventually you guys will see the light 8)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 09:09:38 PM by reefer alston »

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 09:57:32 PM »
Ok the intro is tight...that synth but it reminds me of something..... like san andreas melody or something..... the horns are nice but its like 4 bar loop......nothing else but horns and drums except for the chorus where a few more elements come in....... then there is a few break downs that are cool but nothing too special

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 10:01:43 PM »
I really feel the break downs, especially after the 2nd verse, I know it's a short loop, but they change it up enough for me. I like the part that has the same synth ( I think ) as on the Rich Boy "Throw Some Ds", and I like the horns at the very end. And it sounds the way it should in the car if you know what I mean.

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 12:39:15 AM »
if u liked it u should check out the beats he made on rich boy's album, they really good

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 09:35:08 AM »
^^Yeah, I'm lovin "Boy Looka Here" & "Throw Sum Dees". I never thought much of Polow when he was in Jim Crow, but he's doin big things now.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 09:57:07 AM »
It's a good beat, no doubt. But the best ever?  :loco:

kemizt

Matty

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 10:49:04 AM »
those female vocal sounds shift keys in the exact same way as the vocal samples on the hook of justin timberlake's sexyback! the drums are an attempt to do a complicated timbo style arrangement too, doesn't come off as well though...this beat is just a poor timbo rip-off but polow is good behind the boards, don't get me wrong...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 10:53:18 AM by Matty »

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 11:55:35 AM »

I didn't say the best beat of all time, just meant to say one of my favorite beats of all time. If I worded it wrong then my fault.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 12:10:54 PM »
It's not even top ten G-Unit, let alone one of hip hop's greatest beats. The only part I even like is the intro, when the g-funk synth goes on...but when the horn melody drops, it's whatev to me. It does have a good bounce to it, but it's definitely nothin ridiculous like that
I agree with your statements. I think that the synth in intro should have returned in the hooks because 4 minutes long horn loop is quite boring.

I liked some of Palow's  beats, like Throw Some D's beat, but most of the beats he produced for Rich Boy's album were dissapointments to me.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 12:27:29 PM »

I didn't say the best beat of all time, just meant to say one of my favorite beats of all time. If I worded it wrong then my fault.

I have concluded that this is one of the best hip-hop beats ever made

kemizt

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 01:10:59 PM »

I have concluded that this is one of the best hip-hop beats ever made

Let's agree that it's at least better than anything Dipset has rapped over, k?