Author Topic: Would you consider yourself a spiritual person?  (Read 264 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Would you consider yourself a spiritual person?
« on: April 21, 2007, 09:06:18 PM »
Or do you mostly see things from a "practical" perspective...Not that being spiritual is impractical, but what would you lean towards considering yourself?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Would you consider yourself a spiritual person?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 02:52:42 PM »
Interesting...

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 03:29:45 PM »
i consider you to be a nut muncher. now that is interesting.......... please discuss

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 03:40:25 PM »
Wow. :grumpy:

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 03:40:42 PM »
yeah elior you're a real turd burglar

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 06:35:52 PM »
it depends on what you consider religious. Do i believe in God? Absolutely. However I don't feel the need to follow a ?spiritual regiment ? set by anyone other than myself. Also if a gun was jammed into the back of my skull, ?God save me? probably wouldn't be my first thought. More of a ? im fucked? or how can i get outta this shit?, would be my first response. 

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 10:19:42 PM »
I have morals that I stand by. I like to help other people. I don't have the screw everyone else attitude that most people have. I think everyone should have some sort of moral code. If you haven't noticed darwinists try to define everything as the "animal instinct" cop out. They use it to justify any action. What kind of world are we going to live in if everyone can justify there actions because of a lower lifeform does it. "Animals kill each other so humans can too.." Get out of here with that bullshit. Human beings have an intellectual capacity to master our material universe in every way. No animal is even remotely close to us. Pessimistic minded people want you to believe that we are just upgraded monkeys, when scientific evidence in the latest genetic evidence tell otherwise.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 11:16:09 PM »
it depends on what you consider religious. Do i believe in God? Absolutely. However I don't feel the need to follow a ?spiritual regiment ? set by anyone other than myself. Also if a gun was jammed into the back of my skull, ?God save me? probably wouldn't be my first thought. More of a ? im fucked? or how can i get outta this shit?, would be my first response. 

I didn't say religious, I said spiritual.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 11:28:26 PM »

I didn't say religious, I said spiritual.
thats what i meant to put....most people think it means the same,two diffrent things though. it doesnt affect my original post.

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 09:04:48 AM »
I don't think I'm really a spiritual person.  I'm not religious (not that they necessarily have to go hand in hand), but I think spirituality can be defined in so many different ways that it's best for me to say I'm not.  I do think that there's more to life than our 'physical' life tho.  But what that is, I don't know.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 09:28:11 AM »
I used to be. Not anymore.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 10:06:03 AM »

When?...And what made you change?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 02:59:57 PM »

When?...And what made you change?

I can't name a specific time or event. It just happened over the time. My sister has always been a sucker for esotericism, so when I was a kid I had that spiritual stuff all around me. Back in the day I was also pretty interested in UFO-related shit. Or ghosts, tarot cards, etc. But the interest vanished during my later teen years... meanwhile I basically think that all the feelings people get and stuff are "just" things created in the brain, due to chemical and physical processes and stuff like this. I became a more pragmatic, nihilistic and unemotional person overall.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin