Poll

Who Will Advance?

Phoenix Suns
25 (65.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
13 (34.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: 2007 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (42-40) vs Phoenix Suns (61-21)~ Round 1.  (Read 7751 times)

Citizen-Y

I'm waiting for NIK to go to his classic, "GO READ SOME LAKERS BOOKS!" comeback.

floatin_above_everything

I'm waiting for NIK to go to his classic, "GO READ SOME LAKERS BOOKS!" comeback.

LOL, he acts like I have something against LA, when I'm just stating the obvious. I'm all done in this thread until game 2. 8)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Watching the game it looked like the Lakers got away from running the offense in the 4th. Other players did have good looks for them but they did not hit the shots. Those misses in turn create fast break opportunities for Phoenix. You can't beat Phoenix shooting under 45% in a quarter like that. The Lakers have the gameplan to beat Phoenix, but they have to make shots.

True, but who besides Kobe can make those. Phoenix plays at such a fast pace that LA, and any other team for that matter, are going to have trouble getting into a set offense or defense. To beat Phoenix, you have to MAKE them play half court basketball, and it's not as easy as it sounds.

That is so true and they almost dared someone else to make a shot in the 4th. Farmar, Evans, they all had good looks at the basket but it did not fall. And misses create more offensive possessions for Phoenix.

I'll probably say an obvious thing, but it's easier to score good balanced jumpers or from the inside area than try to score with difficult fadeways or unbalanced jumpers like the Lakers (expecially Kobe) did in the 4th quarter. That way you only put fuel in the Suns engine. We should have played more inside. Bynum and Turiaf should have had more minutage, imho. And we should have played with them more involved in offence, in the last quarter. All we did was give the ball to Kobe, who missed fadeways. I was expecting more, to be honest. But hey, NIK is right when he says we proved we can play 3 quarters better than them. We should just finish the job. I'm still positive, the Suns looks like the best team, but everything can still happen. See the Warriors who are 1-0 against the Mavs, or the Nuggets who are 1-0 against the Spurs. We can win Game-2 for sure. Let's go ahead step by step.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I only say that to "Laker fans".

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I hate playing Phoenix.

Why? We easily have the best chance against them, as the first 3 quarters today proved. They're only good when we let them be...PeACe

Yeah too bad a game is 4 quarters.

What's your point? You're not disputing what I just said.

The point is, the score at the end of the 3rd quarter isn't what counts, the score at the end of the 4th quarter is what matters.

The point is, we can beat Phoenix EASILY with execution.

Lol @ beating Phoenix easily. No team can beat Phoenix, Dallas, or San Antonio easily.

back to the topic: Farmar was great, but he got screwed by the refs. I know ya'll saw that 4th "foul".

Any team who knows how to slow it down correctly can beat Phoenix easily. Did you see how dumbfounded they looked when we executed the right way? Out of the 4 fouls called on Jordan, only 1 was actually a foul... :-\

Didn't look dumbfounded to me, looked like they were waiting for the 4th to make a statement. You know why Farmar was getting bad calls, cause he's a baby and was bitching about every call like he's a vet or something. Dude was acting like a prick out there, this is the playoffs, time to step it up, and grow up/

Great logic. "Lets give him a bunch of consecutive bad calls since he's complaining about a bad call we made". LOL. Almost funnier than you claiming Phoenix was "waiting" for the 4th...You do realize they only scored 39 points in the 1st half, correct? Phoenix made a run (sparked by the refs) when their backs were already against the wall. To claim they were "waiting" is absurd.

It's obvious that the complainers/bitches/whiners get bad calls, yes that is good logic at work. When I said Phoenix was waiting for the 4th, I meant it. Of course they scored 39 in the 1st. They played like shit, and were still close. Phoenix is capable of making a run and beating you at anytime, regardless of what happened the 1st 3 quaters. You can't say I'm worng because they DID win, and convincingly at that. I know your a Lakers dick licker, but be a man for once, little boy. You can't blame the refs. They didn't make Phoenix's shots go in, and they didnt make the Lakers cave under the pressure in the 4th. Phoenix can beat this team, I don't understand why you have to make excuses.

Since when did unprofessionalism become "good logic"? You really are confused, huh? Phoenix wasn't close? Lakers were up by AT LEAST 9 or 10 for a good portion of the game. If you think this is because Phoenix was "waiting to make a run", then you don't even deserve to watch basketball. Nobody's making excuses. Lakers WILL win at least 2 of the next 3...PeACe

Good logic is the following kid: Farmar is a rookie, he had a foul called on him, got his panties in a bunch and made mistakes. He argued the calls, which is a no-no, not unprofessionalism on the ref's part. They do there job, this ain't street ball kid. They Farmar got overly aggresive with that negative attitude and got fouls called on him. If Bell or whoever did this, you wouldn't say shit. How can you deny that Phoenix was waiting to make a run? THEY DID! And they won, that's how they win games, that's how they play. They kept the game at a comfortable closeness, and took over when it was time to do so. What's sad about LA, is that Phoenix shot under 40% in the 1st half, and was still able to come back and win easily. Those ARE excuses that you are making.  Phoenix is a better ball club, simple as that, no need for your young ass to make excuses. I told you, if LA played Utah in round 1 they would be better off. Grow up, little guy.

If a player complains, that doesn't mean bad calls are supposed to go against the team, jackass. You're allowed to argue calls in the NBA, especially terrible ones like the refs made against Jordan. Your logic is dumb, but what can you expect from a douche named "Reefer Alston"? Seriously though, what the fuck do you mean "how can you deny that Phoenix was 'waiting' to make a run?"... Are you fucking kidding me? Smart guy, no NBA team "waits". Phoenix was attempting to make a run the whole game and couldn't. Lucky for them, their run finally came in the closing period. They don't "play like that". Phoenix never scores that low to begin a game. The game wasn't at a "comfortable closeness" either, Lakers were up 12 in the 3rd. Trust me, nothing is sad about the Lakers holding the Phoenix to shooting under 40% in the first half. They did that with superb defense. Unfortunately, we couldn't sustain that defense in the second half...And don't call me little guy, it's obvious you're doing it to feel bigger, since you can't achieve that through debating. I'm 20 years old, 6'5" 185 lbs. Nothing's "little" about me... You, however, are a mental midget when it comes to debating basketball... :-\

A player complaining does have an effect on bad calls against HIM. The rest of the calls were what they should have been. Bottom line, little guy, the Lakers were not going to win that game, even if the refs had given them favorbale calls, 1 on 5 basketball is not going to get the job done. Phoenix was basically chillin the 1st 3 quaters and turned in on when it was time. You can;t argue that because that's what happened. They kept it comfortable, then took over. It was comfortable because Phoenix can come back from double didgits leads at any time, if you wrent a dickrider, you could admit this. Lakers looked like an AAU team trying to guard Barbosa, pure comedy.

Phoenix was just not making shots in the 1st half. They got what they wanted, just didn't fall. the Lakers couldn't keep up in the 2nd half because they not as good of a team as Phoenix. If the :Lakers have to play that damn hard to lose by 10 points, the rest of the series could be blowouts. I call you a little boy because you act like a child, and really none of the shit your saying makes any sense. You post like a 14 year old, kid. And again, why do you feel the need to curse and attack my personal character just because I'm presenting a good debate against your team? Why baby Elior?

You giving me your height and weight lol! I'm not scared, and don't think of you any diffent than before you told me that. Now I just see a tall, gangly white kid who sits on his computer all day and hates on other people. Thanks for the funny visual, kiddo.

Only a moronic idiot who doesn't watch sports (let alone basketball) would think a team purposely loses 3 quarters of a playoff game. You're seriously pathetic with your arguments...If you think the refs didn't sway the momentum, you need help. If the Lakers played defense like they did in the 1st half, they woulda won. That's undeniable. And remember, it was you who started with the personal insults, due to your lack of basketball knowldge...And I'm not white, shithead. :-*

Look at this little guy with all the insults...moron?, idiot?, pathetic?, need help?, shithead? Your a Jew, your white, correct? Kid you are hurting and running out of steam. Why are you the only one disagreeing with me? I never said Phoenix was purposley losing, they were simply taking it easy as to not waste energy. Little boy, I've been watching the NBA since 93, I do know my shit, and your the only one here who would disagree.

LOL at u still reaching. If the Lakers could play "defense" like that the would have won. Maybe, but they are not even capable of that.

LOL@thinking being Jewish has any connection with being white. You truly are a moron, you know that? And that's not only in regards to basketball, as you've proven. Lakers are not capable of playing defense the way they played defense? How does that even make ANY sense whatsoever, moron? Remember who started throwing personal insults. It was you...Now you've just given me the freedom to shit all over you without feeling guilty about it.

You say you've been watching since 93, well I've been watching since 87... Not that it indicates I'm above you, only your constant use of "little boy" would indicate that. It proves your inferior complex. You know I'm above you. You know you have no credibility on this site. So shut the fuck up and start making valid points instead of talking shit...All I've been saying is that the Lakers could win this series, which you still can't disprove. All you can do is be your usual punkass self, so be my guest. :)

1st of all, check my posts, I bring more to this site than you do imo, matter of fact your the only one wh has a problem. All you bring is negativity to the board, and you need to get your lufe together.

Your comprehesion sucks kiddo. Lakers are not capable of playing that way for an entire game, and you will see when Phoenix bounces them out. I'm sure youll blame the refs though lol.  Ur 20 years old, you haven't been watching since you were born, get the fuck outta here. Again, my credibilty lies in my posts. Since we been at it, I haven't seen anyone saying I'm wrong. While u got plenty that know ur full of crap. The Lakers can NOT win this series, which will be proven when they lose. Every point I have made is a valid one, while your defending your team.

Again, you stay throwing insults, and btw Jews are white. Why do u get so upset to the point of cursing at me? For someone who claims to blaze as much as you do, your an angry little guy.

Until you mature up, you will still be referred to as the "little guy".

LMFAO. This guy said "Jews are white"...I just hope you realize that's as dumb as saying "Christians are black".

Almost funnier than you thinking you've added more to this site than me, guy. Negativity entered this thread when you came in here and started insulting my opinions. I've been at Showtime Laker games before I was born. Yes, I've been watching Laker games since '87, my pops would put every game on in the house. I was born a Laker fan. So quit being a hating ass fuck who attacks peoples opinions, especially Laker fans with pride...And don't tell me to grow up when you're older than me and obviously act way more childish, coming in here to talk shit and what not...PeACe

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
LAKERS CAN DO IT

KEEP FARMAR IN THERE
THEY SHOULD JUST JUST DO THAT MATCH UP GAME...

WHEN NASH LEAVES THEN PUT IN SMUSH AND LET FARMAR GET A BREATHER

wcsoldier

Game 2 Let's GO LAKERS... let's have a full game effort... 2 main adjustements regarding Game 1 have to be made...  play a team game offensive wise (run through the triangle) and limit Barbosa impact... c'mon he's a very good player, he's VERY fast but Am I the only one who has pointed out he's always go straight to the hoop, I mean it's not like he was changing directions , doing crossovers and moves like that.. the defender has to let much space between him and Barbosa so it would be more difficult for him to go to the hoop and have to pass or shoot the J

eastcoast timbs

• 'G'
LOL @ Kobe's only fg in the 4th coming in spectacular ball hoggin fashion: Farmer under the basket , NOBODY within 8 feet of him, frantically waiving his arms "Pass the roc nigga!!!", while Kobe ignores him and dribbles around 4 people for a fall away layup

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LOL @ Kobe's only fg in the 4th coming in spectacular ball hoggin fashion: Farmer under the basket , NOBODY within 8 feet of him, frantically waiving his arms "Pass the roc nigga!!!", while Kobe ignores him and dribbles around 4 people for a fall away layup

Yeah i remember it. But i think Kobe didn't see Farmar.

But yeah, Kobe exaggerated.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
You should have put a deadline for voting just before the series began.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
I just heard on ESPN that Kobe was criticizing his team mates for the loss. He's the leader of the team, he took all those missed shots in the end of the game, the blame lies with Kobe. Period.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I just heard on ESPN that Kobe was criticizing his team mates for the loss. He's the leader of the team, he took all those missed shots in the end of the game, the blame lies with Kobe. Period.

LMAO@believing BSPN regarding Kobe/Lakers...

Anyways...Can't wait for tonight. Time to adjust and smoke these punks. 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

I didn't actually watch the report. They just said the story was coming up after a commerical break. But I missed it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I didn't actually watch the report. They just said the story was coming up after a commerical break. But I missed it.

Even worse...That's when they try to twist shit and make what they say as attention grabbing as possible. That's disappointing. As a Laker fan, you should have BEEN knowing not to buy into that BS by now, homie...

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
i just hope the lakers can push this series to 6 and soften up the suns for the Warriors
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!