Poll

Who Will Advance?

Phoenix Suns
25 (65.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
13 (34.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: 2007 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (42-40) vs Phoenix Suns (61-21)~ Round 1.  (Read 7745 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Damn, the Lakers only got 7 assists.

Exactly.  7 assists for the Lakers, 23 assists for the Suns, yet SOMEONE earlier in the thread said the Suns are ruining basketball!!!  Unbelievable!

I wrote imho they run a lazy offence, and i explained you why. I never said they're ruining basketball, cause they aren't. Not at all. D'Antoni's playbook is lazy imho, but it is very spectacular. I just prefeer Popovic's and Jackson's playbooks more, but it's about me. If teams execute their playbooks to perfection, there's nothing who can match the show offered by them (see: the Bulls, the Lakers with Shaq, the Spurs with Duncan, etc..). It's all about exectution. The Lakers failed. That's it.

But seriously, the Suns are going  to be in TOUGH against the Spurs, who are truly a great playoff team.  Definitely an interesting series though, a GREAT offensive team versus a GREAT defensive team. 

And damn, Stoudemire was incredible this series!  Him versus Duncan will be a great matchup, as will Parker versus Nash ( i remember Parker killing Nash a couple of games last time........Nash will have to step up his defense......)

I think Oberto will match Amare. He's a great defender. And Elson will spend some fouls on him too. But Oberto is the key. On the other side, the key will be Kurt Thomas defending on Duncan. Two great defenders. They'll be the key.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 01:56:53 AM by Antonio »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
tis been five years now since last championshiip in LA....no good, no good at all!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LA's era left with shaq... and it aint coming back for a wghile...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
If Lakers are still at this point when Kobe is 30, that nigga be gone as fuck...

That being said I think Billups would be a huge upgrade to the Lakers. That's a skilled, strong veteran PG who knows what it's like to win a ring.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 02:54:18 AM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

www.helpkobe.com lol let the movement begin  ;D..

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LOOOL^

He just wasn't subtle enough at that press conference.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
tis been five years now since last championshiip in LA....no good, no good at all!
A drought by Laker standards.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
That being said I think Billups would be a huge upgrade to the Lakers. That's a skilled, strong veteran PG who knows what it's like to win a ring.
Billups would automatically make the Lakers one of the elite teams in the NBA. He can run the floor and control the offense so Kobe doesn't have to. Plus he could teach Farmar a load of skills. 8) I'd take him over KG or J. O'Neal.

wcsoldier

^^^^ yeah.. though he ain't comin in LA... I think we have some chances to have a very good PF but we ain't gonna improve the point guard that much.. I mean it won't make a huge difference.. we ain't gettin a Tony Parker, a Billups or these type of PG calibers (there's little anyway).. we fucked it up big with Kidd that's all I have to say

bigo8160

• Lil Geezy
anyone know a where i can see a list of all the free agents after this season?

floatin_above_everything

^^^^ SAS will beat the Suns WITHOUT a doubt

Still hope Phoenix wins.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^^^^ yeah.. though he ain't comin in LA... I think we have some chances to have a very good PF but we ain't gonna improve the point guard that much.. I mean it won't make a huge difference.. we ain't gettin a Tony Parker, a Billups or these type of PG calibers (there's little anyway).. we fucked it up big with Kidd that's all I have to say

They wanted Bynum for Kidd, and that was :nawty:

Someone like Charlie Bell or Mo Williams would do...Maybe even sign PJ Brown or someone to a minimum deal. I like the idea of building on what you have better than reconstructing.

There's available help out there-
Some more available PGs:
Jason Hart
Steve Blake
Devin Brown
Derek Anderson
Darrell Armstrong
etc.
Some more available bigs:
Jamaal Magloire
Anderson Vareajo
Melvin Ely
Mikki Moore
Chris Webber
etc.

So remember...we still have the vet min and MLE to spend. A couple of those players could REALLY help us out...And if that's not enough, trade role players (Kwame, Radman, Cook, Smush, Sasha, etc)...Just don't fuck with the untouchables (Bynum, Odom, Kobe)...PeACe
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 01:11:04 PM by Now_I_Know »

wcsoldier

^^^^ I agree with the fact at worst we add one of these "role" players you mentionned.. but you know , we need a big impact player to get it to the next level.. since it's very unlikely we'll acquire a great PG , we HAVE to go at a J.Oneal or KG or Gasol type of player.. plus some solid vets/role players..