Poll

Who Will Advance?

Phoenix Suns
25 (65.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
13 (34.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: 2007 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (42-40) vs Phoenix Suns (61-21)~ Round 1.  (Read 7752 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I hate playing Phoenix.

Why? We easily have the best chance against them, as the first 3 quarters today proved. They're only good when we let them be...PeACe

wcsoldier

It's alright....That's okay....

I'm not worried. Lakers showed they can easily hang and D'Antonio is the type of coach that makes no adjustments...Lakers WILL win the next game, and all we really need is a split. Keep your head up, Laker fans. We CAN handle these punks. Just wait and see Tuesday.
Well of course nothing is done.. but I'm very dissapointed the way we basically gave this game... coz that was happened, we make things WAY too easy for the Suns to come back

rik

Kobe needs to pass the fuckin' ball!

Yeah i'm very disappointed.

Too many forced shots. It was clear that they weren't dropping for him, and he was being double teamed.

Farmar should have been in the game to start the 4th quarter, not Smush.

We gave this fuckin' game away, we were leading pretty much the whole game.

I'm so fuckin' pissed right now I could punch someone.

^^I agree. Kobe couldn't turn it on in the 4th this time, but he only came in with 5 mins left and all the momentum was already on the Suns side. We shoulda' went for the kill in the 3rd and had Kobe rest until the 7 or 8 min mark in the 4th. I also thought Farmar did a good job, he shoulda stayed in the game when the Suns came creepin' back. Honestly though, I think this will truly wake the Lakers up. Now they KNOW they can beat the Suns. Kwame and Lamar are not physically the same players they were last year, but I believe our depth will show for that. Don't trip...PeACe

Yeah, it's just so fuckin' frustrating when you have the game in your grasp and have a chance to go up 1-0 on the road no less. And we basically gave the game away. We've obviously proved we can hang with the Suns two years in a row, now it's just a matter of finishing them off. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

It's alright....That's okay....

I'm not worried. Lakers showed they can easily hang and D'Antonio is the type of coach that makes no adjustments...Lakers WILL win the next game, and all we really need is a split. Keep your head up, Laker fans. We CAN handle these punks. Just wait and see Tuesday.
Well of course nothing is done.. but I'm very dissapointed the way we basically gave this game... coz that was happened, we make things WAY too easy for the Suns to come back

This game wasn't a complete loss though...A blow-out woulda been a complete loss, but I think this will actually wake some of our players up mentally. The next 2 days will be nothing but thoughts of "hey, we can do this"...PeACe

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Kobe needs to pass the fuckin' ball!

Yeah i'm very disappointed.

Too many forced shots. It was clear that they weren't dropping for him, and he was being double teamed.

Farmar should have been in the game to start the 4th quarter, not Smush.

We gave this fuckin' game away, we were leading pretty much the whole game.

I'm so fuckin' pissed right now I could punch someone.

exaclty, smush comes into the game and triggers a run for the phoenix suns (which resulted in them getting the lead), and they still hesitated to sub someone else in. they also set up about 3 plays for mo evans and he couldnt hit the open shots, very disappointing. and of course the biggest crusher... kobe turning ice cold while simultaneously losing trust in his teammates. farmar was wide-open under the basket and kobe still took the contested jumper. i think phil jackson needs to have a long talk with some of the teammates.

GangstaBoogy

I hate playing Phoenix.

Why? We easily have the best chance against them, as the first 3 quarters today proved. They're only good when we let them be...PeACe

Yeah too bad a game is 4 quarters.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I hate playing Phoenix.

Yeah too bad a game is 4 quarters.

What's your point? You're not disputing what I just said.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
all i know is that the Lakers have to take Game 2 or else this series will be over.

TuSlic

farmar was lookin real good

kobe lost us the game though at the end with the ball hoggin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

:sign_werd: Farmar did an excellent job. Passing, scoring, even defending Nash. Gotta give props to Kwame for playing through injuries and Odom for notching yet another double double (16 rebounds). In the end Kobe is responsible for this loss. Some of the shots he chose were plain retarded. Why don't they try positioning Kobe with the ball some place else other then the top of the key? A side from that there was some good team play and it's something to build upon.

LAKERS_FAN89

we going get the next games and play good D that all we need to do.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

:sign_werd: Farmar did an excellent job. Passing, scoring, even defending Nash. Gotta give props to Kwame for playing through injuries and Odom for notching yet another double double (16 rebounds). In the end Kobe is responsible for this loss. Some of the shots he chose were plain retarded. Why don't they try positioning Kobe with the ball some place else other then the top of the key? A side from that there was some good team play and it's something to build upon.

Most of those shots, if Kobe makes them, are great shots...And he usually does. But he was simply cold after sitting out most the 4th...I don't really blame him, Odom missed a few oppurtunities, as did Evans, Kwame, Turiaf, etc...Everyone as a whole just went cold in that 4th quarter...It was purely a mental loss...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

Most of those shots, if Kobe makes them, are great shots...And he usually does. But he was simply cold after sitting out most the 4th...I don't really blame him, Odom missed a few oppurtunities, as did Evans, Kwame, Turiaf, etc...Everyone as a whole just went cold in that 4th quarter...It was purely a mental loss...PeACe
No. Those crazy shots Kobe makes deify logic. His shot selection is poor and he STILL makes some of those crazy ones. That's one of the ways you can tell he's a special player. Regardless if he makes them or not, they are still poor shot selection.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
we going get the next games and play good D that all we need to do.
They did play good D. They held THE SUNS to 39 points in the first half. That's fuckin' amazing.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

No. Those crazy shots Kobe makes deify logic. His shot selection is poor and he STILL makes some of those crazy ones. That's one of the ways you can tell he's a special player. Regardless if he makes them or not, they are still poor shot selection.

He didn't even take that many shots in the 4th...Some of the ones he took might have been bad, but our offense was stagnant. I know there was one play he coulda' fed Farmar, but he ended up making that one anyways...Basically, Kobe is not to blame for our loss tonight. We need to come out as a group, our defense is what mostly fell apart. The point where the momentum altered was that BS offensive foul call on Kobe at the end of the 3rd, which led to the Barbosa 3. Huge turning point...But I truly believe this loss is good for us on a mental standpoint. D'Antonio wont make adjustments, and Phil is the master when it comes to these situations. Game 1 is typically a feeler game for the great coaches. To see where everything stands and how they're gunna execute everything. Tuesday, our execution will be even better than it was in todays first half. If Phil is gunna do what I think he is, then we're gunna win AT LEAST 2 of the next 3 games...PeACe