Poll

Who Will Advance?

Phoenix Suns
25 (65.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
13 (34.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: 2007 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (42-40) vs Phoenix Suns (61-21)~ Round 1.  (Read 7742 times)

floatin_above_everything

I hate playing Phoenix.

Why? We easily have the best chance against them, as the first 3 quarters today proved. They're only good when we let them be...PeACe

LOL, I believe it's the other way around. Phoenix simply has too many weapons. LA cannot go to Kobe every single time down the stretch, especially not against Marion, Bell, etc. He missed what, 11 of his last 12 shots. The Lakers won't be able to squeeze 4 wins out playing that way imo.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Despite the meltdown, I'm surprised no one else is commenting on the refs, who definitely had a fair share in what happened. Some terrible calls on Jordan down the stretch, Raja Bell using both hands on Kobe the whole game, those "offensive fouls" called on Kobe and Jordan...Not saying Lakers played great at the end, but Suns had 23 free throws to our 11, and they're a JUMPSHOOTING team. :-\

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I hate playing Phoenix.

Why? We easily have the best chance against them, as the first 3 quarters today proved. They're only good when we let them be...PeACe

LOL, I believe it's the other way around. Phoenix simply has too many weapons. LA cannot go to Kobe every single time down the stretch, especially not against Marion, Bell, etc. He missed what, 11 of his last 12 shots. The Lakers won't be able to squeeze 4 wins out playing that way imo.

How often does Kobe have a meltdown in the 4th? Playoff Lakers > Playoff Suns.

LAKERS_FAN89

we going get the next games and play good D that all we need to do.
They did play good D. They held THE SUNS to 39 points in the first half. That's fuckin' amazing.
and the the next games as well...i did it watch the games so i could not what was going on but the first 1qtr i watch it a little bit they was doing pretty good.

floatin_above_everything

I hate playing Phoenix.

I know this is gonna hurt you kid, but 1 player does not equal a good team. While Kobe's offense is AMAZING at times, he cannot carry this Lakers team past Phoenix and you know it. Kwame is not a good player, neither is Smush. Smush can't guard Nash or Barbosa and Kwame can't guard Amare. The Lakers bench played well, but Phoenix's subs will outplay them every time.  I'm not a hater, just a real fan who sees that LA doesn't match up well with Phoenix. Lakers would have been better off playing Utah, a team that cannot guard SG's. Phoenix will be advancing, and again I'm saying it as a non-partial fan.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I hate playing Phoenix.

I know this is gonna hurt you kid, but 1 player does not equal a good team. While Kobe's offense is AMAZING at times, he cannot carry this Lakers team past Phoenix and you know it. Kwame is not a good player, neither is Smush. Smush can't guard Nash or Barbosa and Kwame can't guard Amare. The Lakers bench played well, but Phoenix's subs will outplay them every time.  I'm not a hater, just a real fan who sees that LA doesn't match up well with Phoenix. Lakers would have been better off playing Utah, a team that cannot guard SG's. Phoenix will be advancing, and again I'm saying it as a non-partial fan.

I take it you didn't watch the game (what a surprise).  Wait and see. Kobe is not the only weapon the Lakers have...Kwame owned the inside last year, he's just battered this season, but now we have Turiaf and Bynum too. Smush is not a major factor, since he's not getting major minutes anymore. But I admit, he's not been playing great when it comes to the playoffs. Do you see me talking about Marcus Banks though? Phoenix doesn't match up well with a team who knows how to slow it down. That's why they were shook most the game, until the refs helped sway the momentum. Lakers showed they have the simple answer to beating Phoenix, just like they did most of last years series. Nothing close to a blowout, Lakers are advancing this time around... PeACe
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 10:54:48 PM by Now_I_Know »

GangstaBoogy

I hate playing Phoenix.

Yeah too bad a game is 4 quarters.

What's your point? You're not disputing what I just said.

The point is, the score at the end of the 3rd quarter isn't what counts, the score at the end of the 4th quarter is what matters.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

floatin_above_everything

I hate playing Phoenix.

The point is, the score at the end of the 3rd quarter isn't what counts, the score at the end of the 4th quarter is what matters.

Exactly what Im tryna to say. Nothing against the Lakers really, I just don't see them being able to keep up with Phoenix. The Suns can turn it on at any time in a given game, a there's not really anyone who can beat that.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I hate playing Phoenix.

The point is, we can beat Phoenix EASILY with execution.

The Watcher

with the right execution sure, but Kobe was throwing up bricks in this game

Lakers need to pull it together if they're gonna beat the Suns
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Now_Im_Not_Banned

with the right execution sure, but Kobe was throwing up bricks in this game

Lakers need to pull it together if they're gonna beat the Suns

Kobe throwing up bricks managed to shoot 15-33 (4-8 3FG)...

GangstaBoogy

I hate playing Phoenix.

Lol @ beating Phoenix easily. No team can beat Phoenix, Dallas, or San Antonio easily.

back to the topic: Farmar was great, but he got screwed by the refs. I know ya'll saw that 4th "foul".
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I hate playing Phoenix.

Lol @ beating Phoenix easily. No team can beat Phoenix, Dallas, or San Antonio easily.

back to the topic: Farmar was great, but he got screwed by the refs. I know ya'll saw that 4th "foul".

Any team who knows how to slow it down correctly can beat Phoenix easily. Did you see how dumbfounded they looked when we executed the right way? Out of the 4 fouls called on Jordan, only 1 was actually a foul... :-\

floatin_above_everything

I hate playing Phoenix.

Any team who knows how to slow it down correctly can beat Phoenix easily. Did you see how dumbfounded they looked when we executed the right way? Out of the 4 fouls called on Jordan, only 1 was actually a foul... :-\

Didn't look dumbfounded to me, looked like they were waiting for the 4th to make a statement. You know why Farmar was getting bad calls, cause he's a baby and was bitching about every call like he's a vet or something. Dude was acting like a prick out there, this is the playoffs, time to step it up, and grow up/

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I hate playing Phoenix.

Didn't look dumbfounded to me, looked like they were waiting for the 4th to make a statement. You know why Farmar was getting bad calls, cause he's a baby and was bitching about every call like he's a vet or something. Dude was acting like a prick out there, this is the playoffs, time to step it up, and grow up/

Great logic. "Lets give him a bunch of consecutive bad calls since he's complaining about a bad call we made". LOL. Almost funnier than you claiming Phoenix was "waiting" for the 4th...You do realize they only scored 39 points in the 1st half, correct? Phoenix made a run (sparked by the refs) when their backs were already against the wall. To claim they were "waiting" is absurd.