Author Topic: Are speed traps illegal?  (Read 233 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Are speed traps illegal?
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 11:43:21 PM »
I bet I'll just get it reduced, unless the judge is super cool and waives it off.. I'm thinking of saying some dude was tailgating me and I had to speed up to switch lanes or some shit...You think it would be better to ask the judge to reduce it/waive it, or go fight it in court against the cop (if he shows up)?

The Watcher

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2007, 01:35:33 AM »
Just be happy you don't live in Scottsdale.  They have cameras on the highway and at major intersections.  If you are going more than 10 over or run a red light, you'll see a flash and you'll get a ticket in the mail. 

it's the same where i live, except its in like 75% of ALL intersections, so you can't speed up to go through the amber light

i've had a friend i work with contest a speeding ticket 3 times in court, and all 3 times the cops have showed up
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2007, 11:38:40 AM »
^^You can either contest it in court or ask the judge to reduce/waive the fine (with a good excuse)...I'm probably going with the latter.

My girl got a ticket in the mail for failing to stop at a red light...They have cameras here in some intersections, but you never know which ones.

Suga Foot

• Hennessy Chaser
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2007, 02:12:31 PM »
We got intersection cameras here too.  We used to have photo radar too.  There would be a van parked on the side of the road, and it would just snap pictures of people speeding.  But they got rid of those because it was entrapment. 

Knuckles

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2007, 03:27:48 PM »
We got intersection cameras here too.  We used to have photo radar too.  There would be a van parked on the side of the road, and it would just snap pictures of people speeding.  But they got rid of those because it was entrapment.

That could not have been the case.  I cannot see how that is entrapment.  Entrapment occurs whenever a police officer or other government agent deceives an innocent person into committing a crime he or she had no prior intention of committing.

acgrundy

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2007, 06:04:17 PM »
http://ticketassassin.com/

I used this site, beat 2 speeding tickets w/ the advice.  Didn't have to step foot in the courtroom.  It cost $25 to access all features on the site, well worth it, saved me nearly $500, not to mention the increase in insurance premiums.  I'd recommend it 100%.

Chief

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2007, 01:29:48 AM »
man why would they do it if it was illegal? oh wait, we're talkin about cops here  :-X carry on.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2007, 10:47:29 AM »
http://ticketassassin.com/

I used this site, beat 2 speeding tickets w/ the advice.  Didn't have to step foot in the courtroom.  It cost $25 to access all features on the site, well worth it, saved me nearly $500, not to mention the increase in insurance premiums.  I'd recommend it 100%.

Thanks.