Author Topic: Young Maylay - San Andreas Mixtape  (Read 384 times)

Lunatic

Young Maylay - San Andreas Mixtape
« on: April 21, 2007, 05:39:15 PM »
I know i'm a bit late, but damn this mixtape is FIRE :o

after hearing Maylay KILL the CT experience (re-listened to the CT 2day) i was inspired to check this out. Dude can REALLY spit

I'll be DEFANITELY be paying more attention to him, and will no longer skip any maylay-related news or threads ;)

defanitely up there with the CT experience on the "greatest westcoast mixtapes/albums of the last few years" list :)

bty King Tee also did his thing on this mixtape
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 05:48:33 PM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

Re: Young Maylay - San Andreas Mixtape
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 06:03:39 PM »
Yessir one of the west's finest

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 06:08:10 PM »
Yessir one of the west's finest

indeed

now i'm hyping up the coast guard project

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 06:45:20 PM »
Deeyah ft. Young Maylay--What Will It Be

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ToMhfMEmxaA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ToMhfMEmxaA</a>

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 06:49:30 PM »
Deeyah ft. Young Maylay--What Will It Be

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ToMhfMEmxaA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ToMhfMEmxaA</a>

cool vid, thanks

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 06:54:08 PM »
so this the dude that voiced CJ in the game?

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 06:55:03 PM »
so this the dude that voiced CJ in the game?

yessir

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 01:05:16 AM »

after hearing Maylay KILL the CT experience (re-listened to the CT 2day) i was inspired to check this out. Dude can REALLY spit

I'll be DEFANITELY be paying more attention to him, and will no longer skip any maylay-related news or threads ;)

defanitely up there with the CT experience on the "greatest westcoast mixtapes/albums of the last few years" list :)

IMO you really should checkout every artist that Dubcnn features.  I mean that's how I found tons of rappers I've never heard before that I like now and I'm always looking for thier shit.  Especially these artists that keep dropping free street albums/mixtapes.  I mean what does it hurt to download their shit and give it a listen?  Just recently I've checked out both Convinced & K-Aktive's shit and I can't stop bumping either of them.

I just think that if we all love Westcoast Rap and were fans of the good ol' Dubcnn which is here to bring you info on new artists.. that the least we can do is check them out...

Oh and BTW... I NEED TO CHECK THIS MIXTAPE OUT!!!

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 01:49:14 AM »
bumping this now. First track is dope he rips that dope theme song beat
Hell Yeah 8)

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 08:26:41 AM »

IMO you really should checkout every artist that Dubcnn features.  I mean that's how I found tons of rappers I've never heard before that I like now and I'm always looking for thier shit.  Especially these artists that keep dropping free street albums/mixtapes.  I mean what does it hurt to download their shit and give it a listen?  Just recently I've checked out both Convinced & K-Aktive's shit and I can't stop bumping either of them.

I just think that if we all love Westcoast Rap and were fans of the good ol' Dubcnn which is here to bring you info on new artists.. that the least we can do is check them out...

Oh and BTW... I NEED TO CHECK THIS MIXTAPE OUT!!!

i'm bout to hit you up with a pm

XaNdEr

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 09:07:14 AM »
I have downloaded this today from the hookup spot, and i'm about to listen to it. Always liked dude, ever since that track with King T which was on that Ruthless Chronicles album. That was back in 1998 that it was released right? So that means Maylay isn't such a new artist but has doin' his thing for years. Correct me if i'm wrong though.

Anyways, i remember when this mixtape dropped and i just got loads of new albums that came out back then and i downloaded it, but never really got to listen to it, then my computer crashed and i lost everything i had on my computer. After that i never really thought of downloading it, kinda forgot about it until i saw it today in the hookup spot and thought this time i give it a chance, i'll post my thoughts on it when i have heard the whole mixtape.

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 09:16:22 AM »
I have downloaded this today from the hookup spot, and i'm about to listen to it. Always liked dude, ever since that track with King T which was on that Ruthless Chronicles album. That was back in 1998 that it was released right? So that means Maylay isn't such a new artist but has doin' his thing for years. Correct me if i'm wrong though.

Anyways, i remember when this mixtape dropped and i just got loads of new albums that came out back then and i downloaded it, but never really got to listen to it, then my computer crashed and i lost everything i had on my computer. After that i never really thought of downloading it, kinda forgot about it until i saw it today in the hookup spot and thought this time i give it a chance, i'll post my thoughts on it when i have heard the whole mixtape.

you won't be disapointed

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 12:19:42 AM »
so after a couple of listens a very dope tape. Only thing is like many mixtapes there to many tracks 1 min 30 and too many old beats

XaNdEr

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 04:47:23 AM »
so after a couple of listens a very dope tape. Only thing is like many mixtapes there to many tracks 1 min 30 and too many old beats

Actually, there is a few older songs, who appeared on King Tee's Ruthless Chronicles album. But those are still dope tracks though, just kinda disappointed that theyre on htis too, but i guess the more exposure they get, the better it is for the west.

Anyways, i really think this is a tight mixtape, nothing really special to me, since i have heard so many before, but i can see why people prop Maylay, dude has talent and the fact that this mixtape is from the same prson who did the whole CJ voice-over in GTA San Andreas (which i have played much when it came out) it makes a nice listening experience. Dude definately held his own on this mixtape, just a lil bit too long like Bones01 said, but not bad at all.

MR_JV

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 06:13:06 AM »
i havent heard the tape, but id like to check it out if someone could pm a link