Author Topic: Kurupt Interview Speaking About "Against The Grain EP" & The Fans On The Forums  (Read 2630 times)

thisoneguy360

Like alot of other people said we don't want to listen to Kurupt to hear him dissing people, we want to hear Kurupt shit we've never heard before. That EP is unreleased material so of course we want to hear it. I could give a fuck who beefs with who, if i listen to someone dissing someone else that doesn't mean I have ill feelings towards whoever they're dissing. Overall Kurupt is and always will be one of my all time favorites but I think he needs to chill the fuck out/word his shit so it doesn't look like he's calling out his fans that support him and just want to hear new shit from him

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
I will support Kurupt only if he proves that he's still that Lyrical Monster that he once was, I mean the fact that fans are dissing the fuck of him should boost him into putting more work into his lyrics and delivery, Kurupt used to be respected a few years back, you could hear him rap with people like Inspectah Deck, Gangstarr and some some of the greatest, now its like Who the fuck is a Kurupt Young Gotti, i still think its not too late though. everyone deserves a second chance, so yeah if he can bring me quality music, I'll support and if he's reading this, He should spend some more time in the studio, wilth People like Rage, Soopafly, or people that knows how to bring out the best of him

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Kurupt voiced his opinion and I give him props for it.  He spoke his mind while others artists wouldn't have even touched on the subject or try to make amends.

this is true, I will not deny.

props to Kurupt for reaching out to the board to speak in some form.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

The Great Elephant

• Muthafuckin' OG
kurupt's style right now can't be fucked with.  his presence on same shit, cali iz active, and dogg chit is so dope its retarded.  he can just yell shit and it adds to the song, even more so than during the late 90's.  the lyrics aren't as sharp though and i think thats the only problem.  i thought all the hate on that diddy track was because of his verse rather than the guest spot because i remember people talking about how snoop tore that shit up.  then with this whole EP...kurupts past bit him on the ass.  if he's reading this..why not look at that as something positive and be more careful about your artwork?  everyone wants you to rap out of your mind again...im not saying what to do by any means, but  if you run stricter quality control on your work its gonna show.  there's a definite upgrade (edit: since C.I.A.) too..i think everyone is going to admit that.  dude is one of the most talented and respected, to be 100% real it just feels like something is missing right now.  that comes from 10+ years of listening.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 05:50:31 PM by Interview MC Ren!!!! »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
^^^ Yeah, his latest shit is cool I agree. I've had his verses from 'where u from' and 'good azz day' stuck in my head alot lately. "MARS ain't FAR" so simple, but such a great line.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
uhhmm...where is my thread about this release???

overseadog

• Lil Geezy
Him and Rage'd be so great cuz I love how she raps she's the most consistant female raper of the game and maybe of all the time ( 4 me)
SSDD album was really good people been sleeping on this one I love this album it has some bangers like ride & roll, I get hight 2 , I did it
and matter of fact we can't hate on him expressing his feelings on the situation with this bootleg EP or even with the HATERS cuz he wasn't addressing the fans but the fake fans wich are haters sometime and fans sometime so don't hate on him and let a nigga do what he got do to feed his family and his kids
now chuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhh  8)  8)

Al Bundy

I think if Suge really owned the rights to these tracks he would have put them on Against The Grain the first time Dont cha think ???  Was Kurupt pokin Crooked I a little bit when he said "The West Coast public was loving that shit when I dropped Callin' Out Names, but the whole game [the industry] turned they back on me. Now everybody getting rich off doing what I was doing! This is the first time I'm really speaking on this cause I was really ignoring it cuzz   hmmmm

He tried, but Koch removed the tracks.

overseadog

• Lil Geezy
but this shit got leaked so I blame SUGE fat'ass for this and as said KURUPT we all know how he works !!
I'll always be mad at Suge for fucking up Death Row with the biggest artists in the world could you imagine how strong the roster was??? :o :o :o
Snoop,Dre,DOC,Nate Dogg,Warren g (even if he wasn't signed he was around),RBX,Rage,Kurupt,Daz,Soopafly,Bad ass,Sam Sneed,Tupac,Jewel and so on and so on now this shit IS DEAD because of SUGE  KNIGHT so fuck him for this !!

Al Bundy

but this shit got leaked so I blame SUGE fat'ass for this and as said KURUPT we all know how he works !!
I'll always be mad at Suge for fucking up Death Row with the biggest artists in the world could you imagine how strong the roster was??? :o :o :o
Snoop,Dre,DOC,Nate Dogg,Warren g (even if he wasn't signed he was around),RBX,Rage,Kurupt,Daz,Soopafly,Bad ass,Sam Sneed,Tupac,Jewel and so on and so on now this shit IS DEAD because of SUGE  KNIGHT so fuck him for this !!

you're stubborn aren't you? suge has no involvement. you just want to say fuck suge regardless.

Quadruple OG

If Kurupt is really gonna read this thread, here's my two cents on all this:

1) Fans don't care who you do tracks with as long as they're good.  The Puffy and Paul Wall tracks were garbage and besides Soppafly's production, the song "Cali iz Active", and Rage's verses, CIA sucked.  Even Daz acknowledged this in a couple of online interviews when hyping up Dogg Chit.  This is why IMO leaking albums is good, because as a fan I was able to listen to both, and I wound up buying Dogg Chit because it was a much better overall album than CIA.

2) I want to hear the leaked tracks.  I remember Kurupt even agreeing with Suge in a couple interviews not to support the release by koch because they took off the tracks.  Daz hasn't caught feelings about people talking about his dis tracks towards Kurupt, so Kurupt shouldn't be feeling the same.  The past is the past, there's no turning back time so that you can opt not to record those songs.

3) With more and more music leaking, and with the high demand of unreleased DR music, it's inevitable that some shit was bound to be leaked.  OFTB, Tha Outlawz, and Tha Realest haven't really made much of a big deal of their DR shit being leaked.

Lunatic

If Kurupt is really gonna read this thread, here's my two cents on all this:

1) Fans don't care who you do tracks with as long as they're good.  The Puffy and Paul Wall tracks were garbage and besides Soppafly's production, the song "Cali iz Active", and Rage's verses, CIA sucked.  Even Daz acknowledged this in a couple of online interviews when hyping up Dogg Chit.  This is why IMO leaking albums is good, because as a fan I was able to listen to both, and I wound up buying Dogg Chit because it was a much better overall album than CIA.

2) I want to hear the leaked tracks.  I remember Kurupt even agreeing with Suge in a couple interviews not to support the release by koch because they took off the tracks.  Daz hasn't caught feelings about people talking about his dis tracks towards Kurupt, so Kurupt shouldn't be feeling the same.  The past is the past, there's no turning back time so that you can opt not to record those songs.

3) With more and more music leaking, and with the high demand of unreleased DR music, it's inevitable that some shit was bound to be leaked.  OFTB, Tha Outlawz, and Tha Realest haven't really made much of a big deal of their DR shit being leaked.

hopefully crooked i is next ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG
Man, I think CIA is good. How can you say Daz & Kurupt arent killin Thrown Up Da C? I think people will look back and know they slept on this...

Big_Ed

• Lil Geezy
How is my opinion false? I believe in it, i support it and for me it is true, who is Kurupt to judge who has a right opinion and who a false one? I don't think nobody can judge someone else's opinion like that. But thats just MY opinion.
An artist can say who the fuck he is to judge my music like that when he is not even a producer or a songwriter.

instead of doing such a bulshit interview talkin' shit about his fans he should register on this forum and discuss everything face to face with his fans.
that would hurt his career,the best thing to do for an artist is not to interact directly with fans on the net.

Big_Ed

• Lil Geezy
I heard Kurupt isn't really into the internet thing so I doubt he'll ever read this thread.
mostly of artists will say that,but they check the net.