Author Topic: Kurupt Interview Speaking About "Against The Grain EP" & The Fans On The Forums  (Read 2623 times)

Big_Ed

• Lil Geezy
but he's gotta realize, we are his true fans. Dudes can't accept that fact that they put out some weak ass records. IMO a guy like Kurupt needs someone in his ear to tell him alot of the shit he does is wack.
You know whats the problem with rappers today?
They make like 100 or 200 songs for an album but none of those songs met the standards for a classic song,in fact mostly of them are mediocre tracks.
Instead of making like 2 or 3 songs in just one day they should focus,in just making one song for the time that it requires,to be sure that they gonna record a track that is classic material,they should just write like 16 or 17 songs with great lyrics before steppin in front of the mic and then they should demand excellent beats from their producers and just pick 17 beats that they consider met the standards for a classic track,and be sure that their album has at least 3 or 4 tracks with potential to become a hit when they release their lp.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 09:58:15 PM by Big_Ed »

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
How is my opinion false? I believe in it, i support it and for me it is true, who is Kurupt to judge who has a right opinion and who a false one? I don't think nobody can judge someone else's opinion like that. But thats just MY opinion.
An artist can say who the fuck he is to judge my music like that when he is not even a producer or a songwriter.

You don't have to be in the music industry to know what sounds good. If that were the case, there might as well be only one artist releasing music.

Big_Ed

• Lil Geezy
How is my opinion false? I believe in it, i support it and for me it is true, who is Kurupt to judge who has a right opinion and who a false one? I don't think nobody can judge someone else's opinion like that. But thats just MY opinion.
An artist can say who the fuck he is to judge my music like that when he is not even a producer or a songwriter.

You don't have to be in the music industry to know what sounds good. If that were the case, there might as well be only one artist releasing music.
I know what you mean but I was trying to make a point about how an artist can justify his opinion when the other side did the same thing.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I know what you mean but I was trying to make a point about how an artist can justify his opinion when the other side did the same thing.

When artists make statements like Kurupt did, there will always be a backlash of disgruntled fans that have supported their music and feel like they are being shitted on. But it's a never ending battle. There will always be something to criticize creatively on an album. Just because the artist might think a certain way doesn't necessarily mean he is right, or vice versa. Any musical act should know that and just keep making the music they want to make and just keep it moving.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=141480.0;topicseen

Kurupt discography thread

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=140681.0

Dogg Pound discography thread

Kurupt, if you still cared enough about this to read the thread, these are some posts where myself (and many others) do our best to do even-handed looks at your solo discography and the dogg pound duo album discography.

Nima, if you talk to dude soon, it'd be cool to point him towards those threads, if not...I understand.

peace-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

XaNdEr

Did i send you an email? I don't remember that.

Anyways, like i said twice already, from my point of view it's cool if you have another opinion then i have, cause then we can discuss it and talk about it, which is basically what this forum is made for (next to the news-factor)

I got nothing against you, i just felt offended by your post since you talked about people hatin' on Kurupt, i didn't feel i hated on him, i was just pointing towards some stuff i rather see different.

+1 man, i'm sorry if i offended you, and let's keep it real and keep the beef for the butcher.  :D

I meant a post in the thread.  ;D

Whether it is G-Unit, Game or other issues, whether we agree or not, I respect your opinion. I am talking about the peeps that come in and worry about Kurupt album sales or clown how much his and Daz's checks are or base ANY album, not just Kurupt's, success on soundscan and not quality. That hating on someone else's paycheck is on some ho ass shit to me. Why would you care how much money someone is making? Your posts never come that way whether you like the artists or not. It is simply "This is what I like about the artist and this I don't like"

I also said on the same post that I have to accept the fact that these are the type of people that are in this forum and they got they piece to speak on also. Fans or no fans. I got over 4000 albums, from Dipset to G-Unit to WSCG to DPGC. I listen to everything, not just DPG. When I get my collection together I will put a picture up. I was one of the few including yourself maybe, that said I actually ENJOYED Lloyd Banks last album and I got mad negative karma hits. I never do that dumb karma shit with people when they say something I don't agree with. But I have accepted that is the way this forum is and it gets to the point I only interact with a couple people on this forum about music because half these people have no fucking clue.

Misunderstanding that's all. +1 to you, just like The Dogg Pound we keep it moving.

I enjoyed Rotten Apple much yes, i still think it's a pretty good album, but almost anything with the G-Unit stamp on it gets hated on and labeled as trash before it is even released.

And i TOTALLY agree with worrying about sales, why would you give a fuck about someone else's money? Do you do that to your neighbors? Do you ask them if they get enough money, what they spend it on etc. I don't think so, so why do it with the rappers, shit don't make sense to me, and i agree with you D-Nice.

And personally i love this karma, since it shows how upset some people can get over someone else. They get mad over some words on an internetforum, that is pathetic for 2 reasons:

- It is not even in real life, so why worry about someone who you probably never will meer anyways (i take it this is the same thing as the money/sales issues.)
- They never say who they are, so they basically don't want people to know who gave them bad karma, lol. So they some rats at the same time.

Peeps on this bitch here worry too much about other people, that's the cause. Just enjoy this forum, the music, and life, and leave the bullshit for the rodeo, you know.

I always thought you was a cool dude on this forum, someone who doesn;t just post shit for the postcount and actually put some more in then "props" or "cool" you know, but your post talked about fake Kurupt fans or something (i don't even know anymore, lol) and i just posted a post which had some critics about Kurupt a minute before that, so i thought your post was aimed at me, i'm sorry for takin' it the wrong way, like you said, a lil' misunderstanding.

Oh btw, put that pic up if you completed your collection, i'm curious to it.  8)

+1 Homie.

SliceNecks

• Lil Geezy
Kurupt got his shit twisted. This EP is being released by a dude on the internet, not Deathrow. Suge has no involvement with this.

suge must be authorising these projects though because he owns the rights don't he?

NO, this release is being released by one of Kurupt's former webmaster. His name is John Hyland, lives in Georgia. Also known as AM7.

Al Bundy

Kurupt got his shit twisted. This EP is being released by a dude on the internet, not Deathrow. Suge has no involvement with this.

suge must be authorising these projects though because he owns the rights don't he?

NO, this release is being released by one of Kurupt's former webmaster. His name is John Hyland, lives in Georgia. Also known as AM7.

THANK YOU. I was tired of babysitting this fucking thread.

AK

• Muthafuckin' OG
honestly i think kurupts prob just trippin cuz snoop/daz an all of em are gonna hear that shit and might spark up some flames....anyone agree?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
honestly i think kurupts prob just trippin cuz snoop/daz an all of em are gonna hear that shit and might spark up some flames....anyone agree?

i'm sure he could speak with them personally. but i see what you're saying

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

SliceNecks

• Lil Geezy
Peep this Kurupt has no idea the person behind his bootleg is actually his OWN webmaster. AM7/John Hyland from LaGrange, Georgria. He is bootlegging Kurupt's material. He also did Kurupt's page a few years or pretended to
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 02:41:58 AM by SliceNecks »

d-nice

Did i send you an email? I don't remember that.

Anyways, like i said twice already, from my point of view it's cool if you have another opinion then i have, cause then we can discuss it and talk about it, which is basically what this forum is made for (next to the news-factor)

I got nothing against you, i just felt offended by your post since you talked about people hatin' on Kurupt, i didn't feel i hated on him, i was just pointing towards some stuff i rather see different.

+1 man, i'm sorry if i offended you, and let's keep it real and keep the beef for the butcher.  :D

I meant a post in the thread.  ;D

Whether it is G-Unit, Game or other issues, whether we agree or not, I respect your opinion. I am talking about the peeps that come in and worry about Kurupt album sales or clown how much his and Daz's checks are or base ANY album, not just Kurupt's, success on soundscan and not quality. That hating on someone else's paycheck is on some ho ass shit to me. Why would you care how much money someone is making? Your posts never come that way whether you like the artists or not. It is simply "This is what I like about the artist and this I don't like"

I also said on the same post that I have to accept the fact that these are the type of people that are in this forum and they got they piece to speak on also. Fans or no fans. I got over 4000 albums, from Dipset to G-Unit to WSCG to DPGC. I listen to everything, not just DPG. When I get my collection together I will put a picture up. I was one of the few including yourself maybe, that said I actually ENJOYED Lloyd Banks last album and I got mad negative karma hits. I never do that dumb karma shit with people when they say something I don't agree with. But I have accepted that is the way this forum is and it gets to the point I only interact with a couple people on this forum about music because half these people have no fucking clue.

Misunderstanding that's all. +1 to you, just like The Dogg Pound we keep it moving.

I enjoyed Rotten Apple much yes, i still think it's a pretty good album, but almost anything with the G-Unit stamp on it gets hated on and labeled as trash before it is even released.

And i TOTALLY agree with worrying about sales, why would you give a fuck about someone else's money? Do you do that to your neighbors? Do you ask them if they get enough money, what they spend it on etc. I don't think so, so why do it with the rappers, shit don't make sense to me, and i agree with you D-Nice.

And personally i love this karma, since it shows how upset some people can get over someone else. They get mad over some words on an internetforum, that is pathetic for 2 reasons:

- It is not even in real life, so why worry about someone who you probably never will meer anyways (i take it this is the same thing as the money/sales issues.)
- They never say who they are, so they basically don't want people to know who gave them bad karma, lol. So they some rats at the same time.

Peeps on this bitch here worry too much about other people, that's the cause. Just enjoy this forum, the music, and life, and leave the bullshit for the rodeo, you know.

I always thought you was a cool dude on this forum, someone who doesn;t just post shit for the postcount and actually put some more in then "props" or "cool" you know, but your post talked about fake Kurupt fans or something (i don't even know anymore, lol) and i just posted a post which had some critics about Kurupt a minute before that, so i thought your post was aimed at me, i'm sorry for takin' it the wrong way, like you said, a lil' misunderstanding.

Oh btw, put that pic up if you completed your collection, i'm curious to it.  8)

+1 Homie.

Yeah I was shocked at first and it made me look back at my posts to see what I said. LOL! I agree Kurupt is not the same mc he once was, but I more than anything with him just post or talk about some cool songs he has done recently or how I think he might improve his rhymes if he would focus more on what he is saying. He is FRUSTRATING to listen to at times knowing the material he did put out at one time, but I can still enjoy his stuff and I liked the last record.

I gave up on karma a long time ago. I guess I am not doing too bad. Tanj's numbers are +40 one week and minus 40 the next so I don't think it reflects the fact that there are some good points brought up by alot of people on this forum, especially about this subject. But yeah I take a beating when I mention a good G-Unit or Dipset album, but I don't give a shit.

Yeah I moved in another 200 albums, including alot of my classic west coast material. I am trying to buy the multimedia shelves that hold almost 800 cds and I know I am going to need about 4 or 5 of those so I am thinking about just building one. I got alot of free music when I worked at the Wherehouse but my collection is getting insane.

BTW, that new Young Buck is dope as fuck. My favorite artist out of the south.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 07:50:23 AM by d-nice »

MIAMI4LIFE

Bottom line there are about 20,000 diehard DPG fans who bought the Dogg Chit album and for the most part is has been getting good feedback, Against the Grain EP you might be able to count on both hands the amount of people who are gonna purchase that,  Kurupt needs to fall back a little and not criticizethe fans for wanting to purchase anything he puts out because the DPG fans are real passionate about their music and want to hear anything new or old, Kurupt is my favorite MC of all time so I will always support dude, rite now bumping Push Bacc 8)

MoneyMack

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Young Gotstra
Bottom line there are about 20,000 diehard DPG fans who bought the Dogg Chit album and for the most part is has been getting good feedback, Against the Grain EP you might be able to count on both hands the amount of people who are gonna purchase that,  Kurupt needs to fall back a little and not criticizethe fans for wanting to purchase anything he puts out because the DPG fans are real passionate about their music and want to hear anything new or old, Kurupt is my favorite MC of all time so I will always support dude, rite now bumping Push Bacc 8)
I'm one of them 20,000 that cop'd Dogg Chit. It's really a good album tho. Kurupt is also one one my top MC's of all time too.
Sick Wid' It - Lench Mob - DPG - PYO - Mad Science FAN 4 LIFE!

F-cisco

As someone who's thought about this shit a GRIP, Please hear me out, any and all...especially Kurupt if you're out there reading like you say you are:

1. Fans- Kurupt took callin' out names off TSIAM. if you go buy a new copy of TSIAM, Callin out names is not on it anymore. Pisses me off. My old copy is messed up (constant use, real fan, that's the reason) so when I bought the new one it's only 17 tracks. No callin out names. which really sucks, cause his flow and delivery (not to mention  fred wrecks production and cuts) are bonkers on that track, regardless of the 'negativity'.
2.Kurupt is misperceiving what he sees on the message board. Whenever a proper DPG album comes out or a Kurupt album, there's a gang of posts saying 'DPG fell off, Kurupt is whack now ' etc... and then when this EP was announced alot of cats were like "gonna cop this" Kurupt just added two and two together. The impression he gets from reading that is "these fools won't buy dogg chit, cia etc. but they'll buy this negative ass shit?"  ..Kurupt, if you're reading,-This is NOT the case. I can guarantee you far more people on this board buy your shit than will buy this EP. No doubt.
3. Kurupt- People are not hating on you working with Puffy because he is from the east coast, people are hating on it because historically, Puffy is kind of whack. BUT I will be the first to say, that song is cool. which kind of leads to my next point.

4. I am VERY VERY offended as a fan by Kurupt. That EP gets made and he throws a tizzy, but when I make a SEVEN PAGE THREAD about Kurupt's discography and d-nice and I say a GRIP of positive shit....he doesn't notice. He has a fucking conniption over this EP and maybe 10 posts saying they want the EP and d-nice and I make a 9 PAGE threadt about Tha Dogg Pound's discography and Kurupt doesn't notice a single word of it. So he flips over the negative and can't even acknowledge the positive. That is BULLSHIT. That means it is HIM, KURUPT who is dwelling on the negative, not US. There is PLENTY PLENTY positive said about Kurupt here often and he's bitching at the 17 or so people that hate on him. That's weak, that's whack, that's american. That's why the news shows negative shit and not positive shit, cause people dwell on the negative and this "interview" with Kurupt is the ultimate proof that NOONE IS MORE GUILTY OF BEING NEGATIVE THAN KURUPT. Just look at the post numbers, how many HUNDREDS of posts were there in my dogg pound/kurupt discography thread? a fucking grip, and i bet you all but a few people in there have bought several Kurupt albums, including myself who have bought most of his albums, some multiple times. but does he notice that? No, he notices a few pages about the EP. It's not like my big ass, virtual tribute posts, were diascreetly labeled it said fuckin 'KURUPT DISCOGRAPHY' in the title, the DP thread had 'DOGG POUND DISCOGRAPHY' in the title and they were huge posts entailing over-all positive reviews of Kurupt and DPG records. I wouldn't be bitching so much about him not noticing my POSITIVE threads if he wasn't so mad at us for the negative ones. You have to acknowledge both sides to an issue, for him to just get pissed at the negative shit and act like the positive shit never happened trying to guilt us and shit....that's chickenshit...and that's worse than a fake fan, it's an artist who's not really giving a fuck about his REAL fans at all. 

I bought Dogg Chit, I was planning on downloading this EP, and I bet you that's the main consensus on this board, Kurupt needs to chill.

5. Furthermore, I really like CIA AND ATG LPs. Thought both were dope, regardless of what they were talking about i thought the raps were dope and the beats were banging over-all. of course, anyone that read my DPG/Kurupt discog thread would know that.

6.Kurupt- people don't wanna hear this EP cause the negativity, they want to hear it cause they want to hear you. also, when you're mad, sometimes you flow in a dope different way and people like that. Honestly, you should be glad so many people are so enthusiastically talking about you/checking for you at all. Alot of rappers don't have that anymore, and any one can drop from the radar in minutes. Check more of the forum before you get all pissed at one post.

7. Lastly Kurupt, people don't hate on your new shit because of the content, people hate on the new shit because it sounds like it was more lazily put together often. Songs like 'keep it gangsta' from CIA and 'keep it movin' from that hi-tek joint prove that when you write a verse it's still dope....but we often get the impression you're not writing alot of your shit, but rather freestyling it on the spot which is cool sometimes....but we want to see you rip it up, with calculated skill on some HRSMN tip or something you know? because we know you can. and we don't care if it's negative or positive, we just want it to be dope and well done. Just put that fire in it, and we willl buy it, just like I've BEEN buying your records.

-T

Exactly.Well said man.