Author Topic: Kurupt Interview Speaking About "Against The Grain EP" & The Fans On The Forums  (Read 2632 times)

$Eg2$

I bet sum of you catz really aint gonna fuck with the atg ep becuz Kurupt said not to huh  :laugh:

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
As someone who's thought about this shit a GRIP, Please hear me out, any and all...especially Kurupt if you're out there reading like you say you are:

1. Fans- Kurupt took callin' out names off TSIAM. if you go buy a new copy of TSIAM, Callin out names is not on it anymore. Pisses me off. My old copy is messed up (constant use, real fan, that's the reason) so when I bought the new one it's only 17 tracks. No callin out names. which really sucks, cause his flow and delivery (not to mention  fred wrecks production and cuts) are bonkers on that track, regardless of the 'negativity'.
2.Kurupt is misperceiving what he sees on the message board. Whenever a proper DPG album comes out or a Kurupt album, there's a gang of posts saying 'DPG fell off, Kurupt is whack now ' etc... and then when this EP was announced alot of cats were like "gonna cop this" Kurupt just added two and two together. The impression he gets from reading that is "these fools won't buy dogg chit, cia etc. but they'll buy this negative ass shit?"  ..Kurupt, if you're reading,-This is NOT the case. I can guarantee you far more people on this board buy your shit than will buy this EP. No doubt.
3. Kurupt- People are not hating on you working with Puffy because he is from the east coast, people are hating on it because historically, Puffy is kind of whack. BUT I will be the first to say, that song is cool. which kind of leads to my next point.

4. I am VERY VERY offended as a fan by Kurupt. That EP gets made and he throws a tizzy, but when I make a SEVEN PAGE THREAD about Kurupt's discography and d-nice and I say a GRIP of positive shit....he doesn't notice. He has a fucking conniption over this EP and maybe 10 posts saying they want the EP and d-nice and I make a 9 PAGE threadt about Tha Dogg Pound's discography and Kurupt doesn't notice a single word of it. So he flips over the negative and can't even acknowledge the positive. That is BULLSHIT. That means it is HIM, KURUPT who is dwelling on the negative, not US. There is PLENTY PLENTY positive said about Kurupt here often and he's bitching at the 17 or so people that hate on him. That's weak, that's whack, that's american. That's why the news shows negative shit and not positive shit, cause people dwell on the negative and this "interview" with Kurupt is the ultimate proof that NOONE IS MORE GUILTY OF BEING NEGATIVE THAN KURUPT. Just look at the post numbers, how many HUNDREDS of posts were there in my dogg pound/kurupt discography thread? a fucking grip, and i bet you all but a few people in there have bought several Kurupt albums, including myself who have bought most of his albums, some multiple times. but does he notice that? No, he notices a few pages about the EP. It's not like my big ass, virtual tribute posts, were diascreetly labeled it said fuckin 'KURUPT DISCOGRAPHY' in the title, the DP thread had 'DOGG POUND DISCOGRAPHY' in the title and they were huge posts entailing over-all positive reviews of Kurupt and DPG records. I wouldn't be bitching so much about him not noticing my POSITIVE threads if he wasn't so mad at us for the negative ones. You have to acknowledge both sides to an issue, for him to just get pissed at the negative shit and act like the positive shit never happened trying to guilt us and shit....that's chickenshit...and that's worse than a fake fan, it's an artist who's not really giving a fuck about his REAL fans at all. 

I bought Dogg Chit, I was planning on downloading this EP, and I bet you that's the main consensus on this board, Kurupt needs to chill.

5. Furthermore, I really like CIA AND ATG LPs. Thought both were dope, regardless of what they were talking about i thought the raps were dope and the beats were banging over-all. of course, anyone that read my DPG/Kurupt discog thread would know that.

6.Kurupt- people don't wanna hear this EP cause the negativity, they want to hear it cause they want to hear you. also, when you're mad, sometimes you flow in a dope different way and people like that. Honestly, you should be glad so many people are so enthusiastically talking about you/checking for you at all. Alot of rappers don't have that anymore, and any one can drop from the radar in minutes. Check more of the forum before you get all pissed at one post.

7. Lastly Kurupt, people don't hate on your new shit because of the content, people hate on the new shit because it sounds like it was more lazily put together often. Songs like 'keep it gangsta' from CIA and 'keep it movin' from that hi-tek joint prove that when you write a verse it's still dope....but we often get the impression you're not writing alot of your shit, but rather freestyling it on the spot which is cool sometimes....but we want to see you rip it up, with calculated skill on some HRSMN tip or something you know? because we know you can. and we don't care if it's negative or positive, we just want it to be dope and well done. Just put that fire in it, and we willl buy it, just like I've BEEN buying your records.

-T

Exactly.Well said man.

KURUPT JUST GOT ETHERED.  GOOD POST TANJ.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Great post Tanj...for the dude above me...if u really understood what Tanj was talkin about, I don't think u would have said Kurupt just got ethered...that statement just adds more fire and prevents further understanding.

Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Kurupt just hit me up saying he just finished reading everything in the thread... He was overwhelmed, ya'll got him all emotional! He wanted to let everybody know that he really appreciated ya'll taking the time to adress all of this and speak to him, and that he was very surprised by how positive a lot of the responses were, he was expecting a big backlash after the interview, but most of ya'll, came off very supportive.

So he wants to thank everybody, those who had something positive to say, he loves ya'll, those who had something negative to say, he appreciates the feedback. He'll keep checking in with ya'll!

Okka

Good shit, ssup with Daz? He was a member here, right? Why he ain't been writin anythin?

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
yo Tang is you sure your new copy of TSIAM doesnt have callin out names on it?
cause I brought that album last week & callin out names isnt listed on the back but comes on after the joint wit krs like a hidden track or somethin.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Good shit, ssup with Daz? He was a member here, right? Why he ain't been writin anythin?

He still reads, but I haven't seen him post lately.

Big_Ed

• Lil Geezy
I hope that he lets mr shadow spit a 16 on his upcoming solo album.

Lunatic

I hope that he lets mr shadow spit a 16 on his upcoming solo album.

knoc-turn'al for me ;D

i don't think they have ever been on the same song together, and that's a collabo that would be DOPE :o
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Playano

• Lil Geezy
I understand Kurupt but as a fan I want to hear that songs.. Not that I want to beef them again .. I'm happy that DPG is back 2 together. I bought DoggChit but not Cali Is Active cuz I live in The Netherlands and they didn't released it here.. 2 bad cuz it's a descent album. Yo Kurupt release this song

Kurupt - I Don't Bang No More Ft Jewell & Dr.Dre

and than ya get the positive out of everybody!!

Peace

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Kurupt just hit me up saying he just finished reading everything in the thread... He was overwhelmed, ya'll got him all emotional! He wanted to let everybody know that he really appreciated ya'll taking the time to adress all of this and speak to him, and that he was very surprised by how positive a lot of the responses were, he was expecting a big backlash after the interview, but most of ya'll, came off very supportive.

So he wants to thank everybody, those who had something positive to say, he loves ya'll, those who had something negative to say, he appreciates the feedback. He'll keep checking in with ya'll!

I hope I wasn't considered negative especially considering he's one of my favorite artists, i was just saying he should see all the good we say before condemning the bad. either way, I'm glad that Kurupt got something out of this experience. props to you and him, Nima.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

Hey T you spoke as a true fan so if he can't see you speaking from that perspective then he has issues.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Hey T you spoke as a true fan so if he can't see you speaking from that perspective then he has issues.

+1

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Nima - Dubcnn.com

I hope I wasn't considered negative especially considering he's one of my favorite artists, i was just saying he should see all the good we say before condemning the bad. either way, I'm glad that Kurupt got something out of this experience. props to you and him, Nima.

-T

Naw he wasn't talking about you!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
props to all on page

-T

westcoastavengers.com