Author Topic: Kurupt Interview Speaking About "Against The Grain EP" & The Fans On The Forums  (Read 2631 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
www.dubcnn.com

Kurupt Young Gotti reached out to dubcnn to express his thoughts about an "Against The Grain EP" which was advertised on our message boards, which features diss tracks that Kurupt recorded while he was back on Death Row. These songs were never meant to come out, and Kurupt wanted to let everybody know how he feels about this bootleg.

Kurupt also speaks on people on the forums talking down on him, and fans supporting negativity in general. He wants everybody to know that this interview is in no way targeted towards real Dogg Pound fans, if you're a real Dogg Pound fan, this is not for you.

Enough talking though, you can read or listen to this interview. You really need to listen to it though, to hear the emotion and to feel where Kurupt was coming from.

FULL AUDIO: Click Here (2.5MB, Windows Media)

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/kurupt/

Kurupt literally made me laugh out loud multiple times in the interview, but I agree with him.  If you are supporting Against the Grain strictly because it's on some negativity, then F*CK YOU.  I want the Dogg Pound to do well together.  No more fracturing.  They're a team, man.  If you a Lakers fan, you shouldn't have enjoyed seeing Kobe and Shaq beefing.

By the same token, I wish Kurupt would spend some more time revising his rhymes to make them perfect and stuff like he did in the old days.  Get back together with the D.O.C. and have him go over your lyrics.

Regardless though, Kurupt and Treach will ALWAYS be my favorite MCs, and Dogg Pound and Naughty by Nature will ALWAYS be my favorite group.

Props to Kurupt.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Kurupt sounds like a lil bitch. I didn't hear him complaining about us supporting negativity when we were all excited over "Callin Out Names".

His point being that he learned his lesson from that and he doesn't want to go through that experience again.  That's the difference.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
And lastly, my dream track would be a collaboration between Treach and Kurupt going back and forth on a track...will never happen, I know, but I think it would be an instant classic.   8)

I respect Kurupt immensly because no matter how hard I practiced rapping, I know I would never ever be as good a rapper as Kurupt is.

True story.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 10:44:35 PM by Blue Ragg »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
yeah Kurupt is ill. I wanna hear it cause I thought ATG was a cool experiment with his whole sound. his production line up was all new, so it was like an alternate dimension of Kurupt you know? and I'm down for that music too cause ATG is really banging to me. but it was whack to me when I found out DPG broke up. damn, i'm blown.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram