Author Topic: Kurupt Interview Speaking About "Against The Grain EP" & The Fans On The Forums  (Read 2622 times)

Monotone

• Muthafuckin' OG
Cali is active didnt suck cause diddy was on it, it sucked cause 75% of the tracks were garbage...

EFFeX

Cali is active didnt suck cause diddy was on it, it sucked cause 75% of the tracks were garbage...

That's a stretch... it was a tight record I was bumpin' it last night for the first time in a few months and kept sayin "Why dudes hate on this record so much?"

As far as the Kurupt EP go, I dunno' why dudes payin' for a bootleg of a bootleg. I mean damn, if this dude on For The People or whatever is REALLY "For The People" he'd just leak the shit to the fans. Not try to make loot off someone else's name... son must be a snake like Suge. I'm not sayin' I wouldn't be interested in hearin' it, but Kurupt really got a point... how you gonna pretend you buyin' Dogg Pound records and download them instead... then put together 15 bills for some CD-R of Kurupt's throw aways.

Now if dude wants to drop that Say Hi To The Bad Guy... LOL that's a different story!!

MR_JV

kurupt was real pissed in that interview. alot of what he said did make sense though. hes obviously more heated cuz the e.p goes at the dogg pound, the people he's closest too. thats why hes extra heated man

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!

That's a stretch... it was a tight record I was bumpin' it last night for the first time in a few months and kept sayin "Why dudes hate on this record so much?"

As far as the Kurupt EP go, I dunno' why dudes payin' for a bootleg of a bootleg. I mean damn, if this dude on For The People or whatever is REALLY "For The People" he'd just leak the shit to the fans. Not try to make loot off someone else's name... son must be a snake like Suge. I'm not sayin' I wouldn't be interested in hearin' it, but Kurupt really got a point... how you gonna pretend you buyin' Dogg Pound records and download them instead... then put together 15 bills for some CD-R of Kurupt's throw aways.

Now if dude wants to drop that Say Hi To The Bad Guy... LOL that's a different story!!

Dogg Chit has sold 25K in 3 weeks. There is no way in hell the EP is going to sell anywhere around that amount. It probably won't even sell more than 1,000 copies. Kurupt is getting all uptight about nothing. Hardly anyone knows the EP is being released, and the ones that want to hear it are real DPG fans. They are the same DPG fans that have opportunity to download their albums every chance they log on to the internet, yet they don't, not some run of the mill fans off the street that might or might buy a real DPG album.

JohnnyL

I'm 100% there with Kurupt when he says that true DPG fans should be supporting the positive music that their making.  I think there's already enough negativity in hip hop to go around.  BUT at the same time, I hope he realises that to a lot of his fans, music like what's being sold on the cd in question, is like an historical record.  This represents a brief time in his career.  And a lot of fans are completists.  They want to be able to listen to the music he made during his seond tenure on Death Row, as well as his old classic music and current music.
 I'm sure there have been some people that have said things like "Kurupt sucks now, but he was raw on that "Against the Grain " e.p.," or whatever.  But that's only a few peoples' ridiculous opinions.  I think the majority of those who want to hear this, are just curious about the unreleased songs he recorded during this time.
  I think most people, including most of the people buying this, are happy that DPG is back together.  And most would buy this as well as any new albums like "Cali Iz Active," or "Dogg Chit."
  That's just my opinion though.

XaNdEr

Lol, it's not like that EP is gonna sell, i mean kurupt never really sold that much, and now at this low-record-sale-era he probably won't sell anything. So i wouldn't worry about "bootlegging the shit outta that EP" since nothing sells.

Second thing; Kurupt recorded those tracks, deal with it. If he regrets it now, he shouldn't have made those records back then. He recorded that shit knowing that there was a chance it would get bootlegged if it felt in the wrong hands (which it did it seems) and the public would hear what he recorded.

Last thing, fuck Kurupt. Diude needs to stop talkin' shit about fans, he fell the fuck off with his lyrics, it went from fresh Westcoast-style battleraps to "bitch eat a bowl of shit" stuff. How are fans not allowed to give their opinion on his lyrics? So instead of shittalking people who have supported him (even when his lyrics were straight garbage) he should actually find some time to write some decent songs, period.

I don't care what he says, i bought almost all his albums except Against Tha Grain, but im dissapointed in his lyrics, thats MY opinion and i am allowed to say it, since we live in a free world. He is a stupid fuck for treating fans like that, and it is NOT a bad thing to listen what the people that buy his records think of his music and listen to it without cussing at them.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 06:53:21 AM by Xander. »

SleezyMac1-8-7

• 'G'
im diggin what hes sayin. when i saw the dogg pound was back together, i was the happiest guy in the world :P ;D

hey hey hey hey smoke weed everyday

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • rip bad news brown!!!
lol at the muhfuckas sayin that kurupt is pissed at the fans. hes pissed at punk ass haters like some of yall on this forum. yall can have opinions but stop fucking hatin! shit i cant wait for digital smoke! kurupt is def. one of the best in the west! fuck the haters! 8)

XaNdEr

lol at the muhfuckas sayin that kurupt is pissed at the fans. hes pissed at punk ass haters like some of yall on this forum. yall can have opinions but stop fucking hatin! shit i cant wait for digital smoke! kurupt is def. one of the best in the west! fuck the haters! 8)

And you don't know what you're talking about. You don't respect other opinions then you have, and then have the balls to call the persons who have different opinion then you, haters. Now who is the hater?

I like Kurupt's style, and i'm down for any new material he's puttin' out but fact is his lyrics have degraded really hard, especially if you compare it to his earlier lyrics from the Chronic up to Dogg Food. And normally i dont like comparing different styles from the same rapper with eachother since i am a firm believer in evolving different styles throughout a music-career (without saying it's "bad" or "good" like for example Nas or Snoop Dogg), but i can't say Kurupt's lyrics have improved in any way since his "old days".

I feel his flow and lyrics from his last albums, Dogg Pound albums etc. but he is just not what he was used to IN MY OPINION. If you don't agree with me, cool, cuz that's the reason we're all on this forum for, to talk and discuss music (westcoast hiphop mostly) but don't call me a hater, since that doesn't make sense to me at all.

On a sidenote, i think Kurupt still has it in him to be a vicious microphone beast, but he just needs to take a lil' more time in writing a song and not just this half freestyle songs with 100 cusswords each verse. I am really waitin' for that Digital Smoke project, as i am still waitin' for Kurupt to rap supreme verses on a whole album, not just 1 or 2 songs.

$Eg2$

First off props to Nima for puttin this down and props to DJR for speakin the real. And Kurupt if you reading this FUCK YOU ill buy whatever I want and now that he crying about it I will really buy it. Becuz its negitive we cant hear it ??? So I better put away all my other classic Death Row, Snoop, Dogg Pound, Daz, kurupt records cuz they were negitive too huh aint gonna happen. So Dumb gotti Step your game up put out some good music then come to the Dubb and tell us what we can buy.

E-G DeNiro

d-nice

In my best WC impression, Dizzam somebody got fucked up!

But seriously though this is a good thread for alot of reasons. I for one and Tanj and quite a few other posters are DPGC/Kurupt fans. I said something similar to what Kurupt was saying about if you don't like the raps don't buy it and if you ain't a fan don't listen to it. Now I take MAD karma hits when he comes up on the forums, but I love the opinions and I am not about to want to have someone kicked off a forum because they don't like him. Here is my stance. I have been a Kurupt fan since Poetic Justice soundtrack. I would buy Snoop albums and listen to his appearances first. Do I think he has slipped a bit? Yes, but not to the point I can't listen to him or think he does not still make dope music.

I think it's obvious the comments are getting to him. There is really nothing that can be done about it and it won't stop just because he said that. I can understand it but like my homie said they hate ya because they ain't ya. What kills me are the people that hate Kurupt and continue to buy his stuff and DPGC and comment how bad it is and how it is not his DR quality. That is stating the obvious, but hey that is what you get from the forum.

The EP thing is how Kurupt felt at the time. That material along with the 12 miunute Roscoe diss and the disses on Gail Gotti's mixtape are out there. That shit hurt me alot being a Dogg Pound fan the way they were dissing each other but they grown men and that was the way they expressed it. Really nothing Kurupt can do about it and we know that he does not feel that way about the homies anymore. Bottom line, this forum I take the good and bad. There are alot of cool peeps on here with alot of music knowledge. The haters come in and say what they want and we get our clown on and that's it at the end of the day.

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
so we throw all his other disss song in the bin now that hes made up with these people.you cant have it both way.he made the songs at a stage in his life when he was mad at people,just like he did with songs like callin out names.the fans want to hear these songs just like they still listen to his older song, dont hate the fans just because they want to hear the music they where told so much  about.....

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
As someone who's thought about this shit a GRIP, Please hear me out, any and all...especially Kurupt if you're out there reading like you say you are:

1. Fans- Kurupt took callin' out names off TSIAM. if you go buy a new copy of TSIAM, Callin out names is not on it anymore. Pisses me off. My old copy is messed up (constant use, real fan, that's the reason) so when I bought the new one it's only 17 tracks. No callin out names. which really sucks, cause his flow and delivery (not to mention  fred wrecks production and cuts) are bonkers on that track, regardless of the 'negativity'.
2.Kurupt is misperceiving what he sees on the message board. Whenever a proper DPG album comes out or a Kurupt album, there's a gang of posts saying 'DPG fell off, Kurupt is whack now ' etc... and then when this EP was announced alot of cats were like "gonna cop this" Kurupt just added two and two together. The impression he gets from reading that is "these fools won't buy dogg chit, cia etc. but they'll buy this negative ass shit?"  ..Kurupt, if you're reading,-This is NOT the case. I can guarantee you far more people on this board buy your shit than will buy this EP. No doubt.
3. Kurupt- People are not hating on you working with Puffy because he is from the east coast, people are hating on it because historically, Puffy is kind of whack. BUT I will be the first to say, that song is cool. which kind of leads to my next point.

4. I am VERY VERY offended as a fan by Kurupt. That EP gets made and he throws a tizzy, but when I make a SEVEN PAGE THREAD about Kurupt's discography and d-nice and I say a GRIP of positive shit....he doesn't notice. He has a fucking conniption over this EP and maybe 10 posts saying they want the EP and d-nice and I make a 9 PAGE threadt about Tha Dogg Pound's discography and Kurupt doesn't notice a single word of it. So he flips over the negative and can't even acknowledge the positive. That is BULLSHIT. That means it is HIM, KURUPT who is dwelling on the negative, not US. There is PLENTY PLENTY positive said about Kurupt here often and he's bitching at the 17 or so people that hate on him. That's weak, that's whack, that's american. That's why the news shows negative shit and not positive shit, cause people dwell on the negative and this "interview" with Kurupt is the ultimate proof that NOONE IS MORE GUILTY OF BEING NEGATIVE THAN KURUPT. Just look at the post numbers, how many HUNDREDS of posts were there in my dogg pound/kurupt discography thread? a fucking grip, and i bet you all but a few people in there have bought several Kurupt albums, including myself who have bought most of his albums, some multiple times. but does he notice that? No, he notices a few pages about the EP. It's not like my big ass, virtual tribute posts, were diascreetly labeled it said fuckin 'KURUPT DISCOGRAPHY' in the title, the DP thread had 'DOGG POUND DISCOGRAPHY' in the title and they were huge posts entailing over-all positive reviews of Kurupt and DPG records. I wouldn't be bitching so much about him not noticing my POSITIVE threads if he wasn't so mad at us for the negative ones. You have to acknowledge both sides to an issue, for him to just get pissed at the negative shit and act like the positive shit never happened trying to guilt us and shit....that's chickenshit...and that's worse than a fake fan, it's an artist who's not really giving a fuck about his REAL fans at all. 

I bought Dogg Chit, I was planning on downloading this EP, and I bet you that's the main consensus on this board, Kurupt needs to chill.

5. Furthermore, I really like CIA AND ATG LPs. Thought both were dope, regardless of what they were talking about i thought the raps were dope and the beats were banging over-all. of course, anyone that read my DPG/Kurupt discog thread would know that.

6.Kurupt- people don't wanna hear this EP cause the negativity, they want to hear it cause they want to hear you. also, when you're mad, sometimes you flow in a dope different way and people like that. Honestly, you should be glad so many people are so enthusiastically talking about you/checking for you at all. Alot of rappers don't have that anymore, and any one can drop from the radar in minutes. Check more of the forum before you get all pissed at one post.

7. Lastly Kurupt, people don't hate on your new shit because of the content, people hate on the new shit because it sounds like it was more lazily put together often. Songs like 'keep it gangsta' from CIA and 'keep it movin' from that hi-tek joint prove that when you write a verse it's still dope....but we often get the impression you're not writing alot of your shit, but rather freestyling it on the spot which is cool sometimes....but we want to see you rip it up, with calculated skill on some HRSMN tip or something you know? because we know you can. and we don't care if it's negative or positive, we just want it to be dope and well done. Just put that fire in it, and we willl buy it, just like I've BEEN buying your records.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
FURTHERMORE, the interview didn't even confirm for us if kurupt is on every track of digital smoke or not.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

floatin_above_everything

Bottom line, Kurupt has to step his game up. He can't be that mad at the fans, he's gotta know that he's been putting out wack verses. The song with Puff, sounds like they didn't try, just like that whole CIA abum imo. As far as the ATG album, I'd be upset to if I just got back in with my homeboys and some prick wants to dwell on the past. Yes, he made it and he has to deal with it, but that was in the past imo, and Kurupt never released them himself, so I see why he's upset.