Author Topic: Kurupt Interview Speaking About "Against The Grain EP" & The Fans On The Forums  (Read 2621 times)

$Eg2$

I think if Suge really owned the rights to these tracks he would have put them on Against The Grain the first time Dont cha think ???  Was Kurupt pokin Crooked I a little bit when he said "The West Coast public was loving that shit when I dropped Callin' Out Names, but the whole game [the industry] turned they back on me. Now everybody getting rich off doing what I was doing! This is the first time I'm really speaking on this cause I was really ignoring it cuzz   hmmmm

overseadog

• Lil Geezy
I understand him and why he's upset about HATERS !!!
As a big KURUPT AND DPG fan I feel what he's saying
You can't hide behind tha freedom to speak you opinions and say he fall of or this is wack blablablabla
U CAN SAY I LIKED IT OR DIDN'T BUT in no way U can say he's wack or his l

SleezyMac1-8-7

• 'G'
lol at the muhfuckas sayin that kurupt is pissed at the fans. hes pissed at punk ass haters like some of yall on this forum. yall can have opinions but stop fucking hatin! shit i cant wait for digital smoke! kurupt is def. one of the best in the west! fuck the haters! 8)

As someone who's thought about this shit a GRIP, Please hear me out, any and all...especially Kurupt if you're out there reading like you say you are:

1. Fans- Kurupt took callin' out names off TSIAM. if you go buy a new copy of TSIAM, Callin out names is not on it anymore. Pisses me off. My old copy is messed up (constant use, real fan, that's the reason) so when I bought the new one it's only 17 tracks. No callin out names. which really sucks, cause his flow and delivery (not to mention  fred wrecks production and cuts) are bonkers on that track, regardless of the 'negativity'.
2.Kurupt is misperceiving what he sees on the message board. Whenever a proper DPG album comes out or a Kurupt album, there's a gang of posts saying 'DPG fell off, Kurupt is whack now ' etc... and then when this EP was announced alot of cats were like "gonna cop this" Kurupt just added two and two together. The impression he gets from reading that is "these fools won't buy dogg chit, cia etc. but they'll buy this negative ass shit?"  ..Kurupt, if you're reading,-This is NOT the case. I can guarantee you far more people on this board buy your shit than will buy this EP. No doubt.
3. Kurupt- People are not hating on you working with Puffy because he is from the east coast, people are hating on it because historically, Puffy is kind of whack. BUT I will be the first to say, that song is cool. which kind of leads to my next point.

4. I am VERY VERY offended as a fan by Kurupt. That EP gets made and he throws a tizzy, but when I make a SEVEN PAGE THREAD about Kurupt's discography and d-nice and I say a GRIP of positive shit....he doesn't notice. He has a fucking conniption over this EP and maybe 10 posts saying they want the EP and d-nice and I make a 9 PAGE threadt about Tha Dogg Pound's discography and Kurupt doesn't notice a single word of it. So he flips over the negative and can't even acknowledge the positive. That is BULLSHIT. That means it is HIM, KURUPT who is dwelling on the negative, not US. There is PLENTY PLENTY positive said about Kurupt here often and he's bitching at the 17 or so people that hate on him. That's weak, that's whack, that's american. That's why the news shows negative shit and not positive shit, cause people dwell on the negative and this "interview" with Kurupt is the ultimate proof that NOONE IS MORE GUILTY OF BEING NEGATIVE THAN KURUPT. Just look at the post numbers, how many HUNDREDS of posts were there in my dogg pound/kurupt discography thread? a fucking grip, and i bet you all but a few people in there have bought several Kurupt albums, including myself who have bought most of his albums, some multiple times. but does he notice that? No, he notices a few pages about the EP. It's not like my big ass, virtual tribute posts, were diascreetly labeled it said fuckin 'KURUPT DISCOGRAPHY' in the title, the DP thread had 'DOGG POUND DISCOGRAPHY' in the title and they were huge posts entailing over-all positive reviews of Kurupt and DPG records. I wouldn't be bitching so much about him not noticing my POSITIVE threads if he wasn't so mad at us for the negative ones. You have to acknowledge both sides to an issue, for him to just get pissed at the negative shit and act like the positive shit never happened trying to guilt us and shit....that's chickenshit...and that's worse than a fake fan, it's an artist who's not really giving a fuck about his REAL fans at all. 

I bought Dogg Chit, I was planning on downloading this EP, and I bet you that's the main consensus on this board, Kurupt needs to chill.

5. Furthermore, I really like CIA AND ATG LPs. Thought both were dope, regardless of what they were talking about i thought the raps were dope and the beats were banging over-all. of course, anyone that read my DPG/Kurupt discog thread would know that.

6.Kurupt- people don't wanna hear this EP cause the negativity, they want to hear it cause they want to hear you. also, when you're mad, sometimes you flow in a dope different way and people like that. Honestly, you should be glad so many people are so enthusiastically talking about you/checking for you at all. Alot of rappers don't have that anymore, and any one can drop from the radar in minutes. Check more of the forum before you get all pissed at one post.

7. Lastly Kurupt, people don't hate on your new shit because of the content, people hate on the new shit because it sounds like it was more lazily put together often. Songs like 'keep it gangsta' from CIA and 'keep it movin' from that hi-tek joint prove that when you write a verse it's still dope....but we often get the impression you're not writing alot of your shit, but rather freestyling it on the spot which is cool sometimes....but we want to see you rip it up, with calculated skill on some HRSMN tip or something you know? because we know you can. and we don't care if it's negative or positive, we just want it to be dope and well done. Just put that fire in it, and we willl buy it, just like I've BEEN buying your records.

-T

Sup, Tanj how was ur 4:20?

As far as your Kurupt disco. thread, I'm guessing the ATG thread was brought to his attention only. I wouldn't be upset about him not noticing. I think Kurupt really wanted to put this beef between him and Daz/Snoop/Soopa in the past and is just upset about it being released now.

Good post from tanj !!!

I'm a really really big fan of K.U.R.U.P.T !! Too many haters !!  (not buy ATG EP but i wanna hear it)
I'll buy Digital Smoke !!
Go buy Dogg Chit !!  DPG 4 LIFE

thats what im sayin!

overseadog

• Lil Geezy
I  know there's true die hard KURUPT's fans in this board !! (what up Tang,D nice etc...)  ;) and as for the haters these motherfuckers are everywhere so why giving them attention??? ::) ::)

$Eg2$

Was Kurupt pokin Crooked I a little bit when he said "The West Coast public was loving that shit when I dropped Callin' Out Names, but the whole game [the industry] turned they back on me. Now everybody getting rich off doing what I was doing! This is the first time I'm really speaking on this cause I was really ignoring it cuzz   hmmmm

interesting, but I don't think he was.  first off i think he was generalizing the whole industry and not a particular person, and how can he say Crooked is suddenly rich from dissing DMX?  LOL!!  nah, i don't think so.

Yeah I feel ya

Monotone

• Muthafuckin' OG
I find it funny how Daz has been scamming people online for years yet this bootleg is what Kurupt decides to take a stance against lol

floatin_above_everything

I find it funny how Daz has been scamming people online for years yet this bootleg is what Kurupt decides to take a stance against lol

HAHA so true

I finally read the interview and Kurupt is wrong for telling us our opinions are bullshit. I always though he was kinda a wack person, but he's gotta realize, we are his true fans. Dudes can't accept that fact that they put out some weak ass records. IMO a guy like Kurupt needs someone in his ear to tell him alot of the shit he does is wack.

overseadog

• Lil Geezy
KURUPT KEEP DOING UR THING AND KEEP IT G'D UP NIGGA  8) 8)
DON'T TRIP OF THA BULLSHIT THAT BABY'ASS INTERNET PUT ON LINE !!
AND AS FAR AS THIS FAKE ASS ATG EP BOOTLEG IT'S JUST SOMEBODY TRYING TO GET MONEY OUT OF KURUPT RAP AND MAYBE EVEN GET HIM TO BEEF WITH HIS HOMEBOYS (DAZ,SNOOP,SOOPAFLY ETC...) SO WHO ESLE BUT THIS FAT BITCH'ASS SUGE CAN DO THIS ???   >:(  >:(

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Kurupt voiced his opinion and I give him props for it.  He spoke his mind while others artists wouldn't have even touched on the subject or try to make amends.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

overseadog

• Lil Geezy
BTW NIMA KURUPT AND HOT DOLLAR HAS BEEF OR WHAT???

Killz/Kilo2

Lol, it's not like that EP is gonna sell, i mean kurupt never really sold that much, and now at this low-record-sale-era he probably won't sell anything. So i wouldn't worry about "bootlegging the shit outta that EP" since nothing sells.

Second thing; Kurupt recorded those tracks, deal with it. If he regrets it now, he shouldn't have made those records back then. He recorded that shit knowing that there was a chance it would get bootlegged if it felt in the wrong hands (which it did it seems) and the public would hear what he recorded.

Last thing, fuck Kurupt. Diude needs to stop talkin' shit about fans, he fell the fuck off with his lyrics, it went from fresh Westcoast-style battleraps to "bitch eat a bowl of shit" stuff. How are fans not allowed to give their opinion on his lyrics? So instead of shittalking people who have supported him (even when his lyrics were straight garbage) he should actually find some time to write some decent songs, period.

I don't care what he says, i bought almost all his albums except Against Tha Grain, but im dissapointed in his lyrics, thats MY opinion and i am allowed to say it, since we live in a free world. He is a stupid fuck for treating fans like that, and it is NOT a bad thing to listen what the people that buy his records think of his music and listen to it without cussing at them.

I 100% agree.

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lol, it's not like that EP is gonna sell, i mean kurupt never really sold that much, and now at this low-record-sale-era he probably won't sell anything. So i wouldn't worry about "bootlegging the shit outta that EP" since nothing sells.

Second thing; Kurupt recorded those tracks, deal with it. If he regrets it now, he shouldn't have made those records back then. He recorded that shit knowing that there was a chance it would get bootlegged if it felt in the wrong hands (which it did it seems) and the public would hear what he recorded.

Last thing, fuck Kurupt. Diude needs to stop talkin' shit about fans, he fell the fuck off with his lyrics, it went from fresh Westcoast-style battleraps to "bitch eat a bowl of shit" stuff. How are fans not allowed to give their opinion on his lyrics? So instead of shittalking people who have supported him (even when his lyrics were straight garbage) he should actually find some time to write some decent songs, period.

I don't care what he says, i bought almost all his albums except Against Tha Grain, but im dissapointed in his lyrics, thats MY opinion and i am allowed to say it, since we live in a free world. He is a stupid fuck for treating fans like that, and it is NOT a bad thing to listen what the people that buy his records think of his music and listen to it without cussing at them.

Real Talk^^^............Why the fuck does he give a shit about what fans type on an internet Board?????..............He needs to concentration on makin good music.....

Okka

Kurupt voiced his opinion and I give him props for it.  He spoke his mind while others artists wouldn't have even touched on the subject or try to make amends.

~Lucien~

everybody gets upset from time to time... no big deal. enjoy the music!
bring me that kurupt solo album that snoop is overseeing  8)

overseadog

• Lil Geezy
yep  and I hope it got DAZ,BATTLECAT,FREDWRECK,MEECH WELLS and SOOPAFLY production on it
This will be dope  8)