Author Topic: Carmelo > LeBron & Wade...  (Read 5489 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Carmelo > LeBron & Wade...
« on: April 23, 2007, 09:37:18 AM »
Anyone disagree?

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: Carmelo > LeBron & Wade...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 10:12:51 AM »
Yes...me and about 95% of NBA fans with at least 10 IQ points
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

rik

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:14:15 AM »
I remember before they got drafted I always said that Carmelo was gonna be better. I don't think he has been though.

wcsoldier

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 10:15:23 AM »
Lebron is the better all around player, and Melo got the best overall offensive game.. he can attack the basket, got a good mid-range game.. anyways the World Championship was a proof of that.. Wade is very good at attacking the basket , a good passer and a good help on weak side Defender.. but no outside game at all ..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 10:18:59 AM »

So what makes LeBron and Wade better than Carmelo? The media? Because watching them play, it's clear who is the most fundamentally sound, who possesses the most skills (not athleticism), and who plays the best defense of the three. They're all on the same level, don't get me wrong, but Carmelo is simply better IMO. The media don't want you to see it that way though...People who can't think for themselves wont formulate their own opinion.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 10:24:15 AM »
I remember before they got drafted I always said that Carmelo was gonna be better. I don't think he has been though.

What about this year? You don't think Carmelo had a better season than Wade and LeBron?

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 10:36:58 AM »

So what makes LeBron and Wade better than Carmelo? The media? Because watching them play, it's clear who is the most fundamentally sound, who possesses the most skills (not athleticism), and who plays the best defense of the three. They're all on the same level, don't get me wrong, but Carmelo is simply better IMO. The media don't want you to see it that way though...People who can't think for themselves wont formulate their own opinion.

I thought you are posting that becuase of Melo's performance last night.

Lebron is the better player...lets check out the "offensive" stats

Career             Fg%        3P%         FT%       Reb     AST    PTS
Lebron                     .463       .327         .733        6.7      6.4     26.7
Carmelo                   .455         .279         .798        5.7      2.9     24.1

Lebron has avg'd more steals, blocks..they're almost even in Turnovers a game (and Lebron plays about 3 more mins than Melo)

I don't know...by looks of just STATS alone..Lebron is the better player.

But there are i guess..other factors that you can't measure by some stats.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 10:39:22 AM »

What about this year? You don't think Carmelo had a better season than Wade and LeBron?

Lebron had just as good of a season as melo this year...Melo scored 1 more point a game than Lebron...thats all he had on Lebron

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 10:43:40 AM »
^^Who cares about career stats? I'm talking about right now...Carmelo is easily the more polished offensive player. They're all on the same level defensive-wise, but Carmelo actually knows how to stay in front of his man, so I'd give him the edge in that as well...Steals and blocks don't mean shit when it comes to being a good defender, a lot of terrible defenders pick up crazy steals and blocks because they gamble a lot and end up getting burned every time they fail...LeBron shoots in the 60's% from the free throw line and Wade couldn't shoot to save his life...Simply put, in my very valid opinion, Carmelo > LeBron & Wade...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 10:44:20 AM »

Lebron had just as good of a season as melo this year...Melo scored 1 more point a game than Lebron...thats all he had on Lebron

You're only looking at stats, bro...Watch the games. Carmelo is better. LeBron is the primary offense in Cleveland.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 10:57:54 AM »
He's got certain aspects of his game that are better than the 2, better clutch player than Lebron, but not Wade. Anthony has power and viciousness that Wade and James don't have, but Lebron is a better playmaker, and Wade is just a step ahead of Melo.

Honestly, I couldn't pick the best out of the 3, if I did it would have to be Wade. Not 1 player in the league hits shots more demoralizing to the opponent than anyone. Wade makes the shots that he really shouldn't. He is also the only out of the 3 that steps his g up for the play offs. Melo's last 2 playoff apperance were poor for a player of his standards. I won't be able to say too much about Lebron in the playoffs until the 2nd round, when they play a real team.

wcsoldier

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 10:58:52 AM »

you know most of the posters here (and in general) don't watch NBA games.. they just repeat what so called experts said on sport shows..  back on topic , regardless who's the best between these 3 (Imo I'd put Melo and Bron on the same level then Wade, it's true Melo is slept on when you compare it to all the hype Wade and Bron have.. when I was in LA, I sometimes watched BSPN and it's incredible how they can"t stop talking about these two  :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 10:59:31 AM »
Wade is the worst of the 3.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 11:08:04 AM »
Right and how many rings do Lebron and Carmelo have....I thought so. Wade almost single handly willed his team to a victory in a championship against a team that was clearly better.

And you don't back up what your saying. Wade is injury prone, but is not worse than Lebron, and Carmelo doesn't even have a all around game yet. I think your talking out of your ass again Elior.

He is able to cut to the basket and make open oppurtunity's for other teammates better than any of the 3. In terms of sheer skill, it's Lebron no doubt. But placing Wade under these 2 in an all around comparison is ignorant. I would say the person making this statemant doesn't know b-ball that well.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 11:15:13 AM »
Right and how many rings do Lebron and Carmelo have....I thought so. Wade almost single handly willed his team to a victory in a championship against a team that was clearly better.

And you don't back up what your saying. Wade is injury prone, but is not worse than Lebron, and Carmelo doesn't even have a all around game yet. I think your talking out of your ass again Elior.

He is able to cut to the basket and make open oppurtunity's for other teammates better than any of the 3. In terms of sheer skill, it's Lebron no doubt. But placing Wade under these 2 in an all around comparison is ignorant. I would say the person making this statemant doesn't know b-ball that well.

Ignorant? The only thing ignorant in all of this is claiming that Wade is substantially better than the 2. You need to actually watch games. Wade is extremely overrated. Dude's signature move is driving to the hoop and getting "fouled". His defense sucks worse than LeBron's, his shot is atrocious, dude is 95% hype...And Carmelo doesn't have all around game yet? What the hell are you saying? So LeBron & Wade do? Get the fuck outta here. A ring doesn't mean shit when the REFS willed you to it, making you the worst champion of all time. See how Wade fared this year as a leader of the Heat? Disgusting. Carmelo > LeBron >> Wade.