Author Topic: How bad was Dre's "The Aftermath" album  (Read 1096 times)

Okka

Re: How bad was Dre's "The Aftermath" album
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2007, 02:02:11 PM »
The dope tracks are:

King T - Str8 Gone
Dr. Dre - Been There, Done That
RBX - Blunt Time
Group Therapy - East Coast/West Coast Killaz

The rest is BULLSHIT

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2007, 02:13:39 PM »
I rememebr back in like 1997 when this compilation came out, all my firends was just saying how "wack" the album.

10 years later, in retrospect, this album freakin BANGS!

There's not much Dre on it, but if you LOVE classic G Funk, this album is for you.

Some of the beats are hit and miss, but the beat for that Mel Man joint "Shittin On the World" is is off the chains, thought it was dope in 97, and that shit is still dope today.

The sad part is, that Aftermath compilation is way more entertaining than 95.3% of the bullshit that comes out now...

It came out in 96. And G-Funk?! I thought the Dre sound in 96 was getting more dark and eerie. More like his "2001" sound.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »
This isn't really a Dre album in the sense that he only appeared on two tracks and out of the 16 songs on the album he only produced 5 of them.  The rest of the songs are produced by the Aftermath in-house producers that he was fuckin with at the time.  It's a pretty good album, but if you're expecting something on the level of the Chronic you'll probably be dissapointed.

co-sign.. this wasnt Dre's second album it was COMPILATION album to showcase the Aftermath artists..

it was "DR. DRE PRESENTS" not "DR. DRE" similar to "SNOOP DOGG PRESENTS DOGG HOUSE ALL STARS"

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2007, 03:59:50 PM »
I always thought Dre's work on the Aftermath compilation was pretty good.

Loved the production on RC's "Sexy Dance" joint.

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2007, 07:22:32 PM »
I always thought Dre's work on the Aftermath compilation was pretty good.

Loved the production on RC's "Sexy Dance" joint.

Sexy Dance is one of my favorite Dre productions of all time.  To me there are only 4 wack tracks on the album.  The tracks Dre produced are fire, though not as good as the stuff Dre did the other songs on the album are decent.  If you're a hip hop head only you're not gonna like all the r&b on the album, but to me the r&b stuff was good.

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2007, 10:24:29 PM »
Definitely an over-HATED album. I wouldn't say it was a good album, but there were some phenomenal tracks on it. IMO, it's worth copping just for the Dre tracks.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2007, 11:20:42 PM »
The dope tracks are:

King T - Str8 Gone
Dr. Dre - Been There, Done That
RBX - Blunt Time
Group Therapy - East Coast/West Coast Killaz

The rest is BULLSHIT

You got to atleast put Nationowl on that list.  His track was very creative, and metaphors/rhymes, concept, beat, was all on point.

LOL@the Hittman rumours that were going around the net in 2000 saying that he was Hittman.  Their voices are similar though.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2007, 03:25:34 AM »
Definitely an over-HATED album.

co signing this. I really enjoy these R&B tracks with "hard" beats and as mentioned before, this album brought us at least one all time classic song (east coast/west coast killas). the compilation is way underrated which I think partly is due to the fact that people mistake it for a dr. dre album cause they can#t seem to read properly ...

since the album is quite easy and cheap to get these days it's a good purchase for throwback music!

StevenQBosell

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2007, 06:58:26 AM »
I rememebr back in like 1997 when this compilation came out, all my firends was just saying how "wack" the album.

10 years later, in retrospect, this album freakin BANGS!

There's not much Dre on it, but if you LOVE classic G Funk, this album is for you.

Some of the beats are hit and miss, but the beat for that Mel Man joint "Shittin On the World" is is off the chains, thought it was dope in 97, and that shit is still dope today.

The sad part is, that Aftermath compilation is way more entertaining than 95.3% of the bullshit that comes out now...

It came out in 96. And G-Funk?! I thought the Dre sound in 96 was getting more dark and eerie. More like his "2001" sound.

Ofcourse this album is G funk, it's the last pure "G Funk" record Dre put out, can't you hear all the synths and whiney basslines on almost all the songs?

Sure it may be a bit "darker" than Doggystyle G funk or Chronic G Funk, But it's mos def G Funk Blunt Time is a perfect example of  a asong being classic "Dr. Dre style" G Funk, with the synths and those pounding drums....

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2007, 10:46:45 AM »
'killas' is a dope song but I bump blunttime way more.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Elevz

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2007, 11:13:18 AM »
'killas' is a dope song but I bump blunttime way more.

-T

Classic in my book!

$Eg2$

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2007, 11:40:21 AM »
That album gets no play in my book especially in that year we had to much heat coming out Pac was killin everything.
All of Dres albums are like Compilations arent they ???

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2007, 11:15:57 PM »
That album gets no play in my book especially in that year we had to much heat coming out Pac was killin everything.
All of Dres albums are like Compilations arent they ???

nah, dre has a hand in producing every track but one or two on his albums. on the AM he only produces 7 tracks

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

So Much Style

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2007, 07:02:03 AM »
how is no one going to give "Fame" any love??? Dre dropped a sick ass beat on that one and the remake of the old classic is up to its standards. King T comes on and rips the verse, one of my fav songs on the cd. All the dre produced tracks are sick, i really liked that style he had during thiss time
So much style back at it again

Funkstradamus

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2007, 07:31:29 AM »
The two RC tracks are fire - some of the best produced tracks I've ever heard, especially Sexy Dance.
finally some real talk!!!!