Author Topic: NEW G.MALONE INTERVIEW speaks on new label move  (Read 615 times)

firingsquad_pooh

• Muthafuckin' OG

MR_JV

Re: NEW G.MALONE INTERVIEW speaks on new label move
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 11:11:19 AM »
thats for the hook up. was a good interview

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »
can't watch vids at work....he changed labels? yeah, i knew he wouldn't drop an album anytime soon

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 11:30:58 AM »
he got off sony, switched to hoo bangin / cash money.

kinda funny he signed to mack 10 when all those guys were talkin shit about mack 10 a while back.  good luck to him though.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 11:32:34 AM »

kinda funny he signed to mack 10 when all those guys were talkin shit about mack 10 a while back.  good luck to him though.

hoo bangin has distribution through cash money now?

who was talking shit about mack mack 10?

also, i don't think hoo bangin is a good look for ANY artist. I LOVE Mack, but hoo bangin NEVER puts anything out. He had a good look going with Red Cafe, and he fucked that up. Hopefully that changes though :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 11:36:02 AM »
Props.

also, i don't think hoo bangin is a good look for ANY artist. I LOVE Mack, but hoo bangin NEVER puts anything out. He had a good look going with Red Cafe, and he fucked that up. Hopefully that changes though :-\
Yeah I think he took a subliminal diss at Mack 10 in that interview after he got signed to Sony.

d-nice

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 11:38:17 AM »

And it is on a Southern label. They did not do the best of promotion when they did Mack 10's album over there. Glasses would have to have a HUGE single and probably have to have some features from Dirty South artists to make this work.

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 11:41:36 AM »

And it is on a Southern label. They did not do the best of promotion when they did Mack 10's album over there. Glasses would have to have a HUGE single and probably have to have some features from Dirty South artists to make this work.

i was too young to really hardcore follow that release (like promotion etc.) but i do member mack having 3 videos for that album (thats quite a bit). I Don't know how the rest of promotion went though. I picked up this album about 2 yrs ago (finally) and was disapointed :-\

the quality of the singles was so good, and the rest was mostly filler (2 this day, connected for life is 1 of my fav WSCG cuts)

d-nice

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 11:45:29 AM »

i was too young to really hardcore follow that release (like promotion etc.) but i do member mack having 3 videos for that album (thats quite a bit). I Don't know how the rest of promotion went though. I picked up this album about 2 yrs ago (finally) and was disapointed :-\

the quality of the singles was so good, and the rest was mostly filler (2 this day, connected for life is 1 of my fav WSCG cuts)

It was decent but I think what killed the album was it was hyped up as Dre and Mannie Fresh would be the only ones doing beats and Dre only did 1 beat. I just don't see Glasses getting alot of exposure on Cash Money. Now maybe they have changed up their marketing approach.

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 11:48:16 AM »

It was decent but I think what killed the album was it was hyped up as Dre and Mannie Fresh would be the only ones doing beats and Dre only did 1 beat. I just don't see Glasses getting alot of exposure on Cash Money. Now maybe they have changed up their marketing approach.

i didn't know they hyped up dre. That is sad (since dre did do only 1 beat). Well hopefully since over the last few years Cash Money keeps losing there artists, Malone gets alot of focus from them. Really who else do they have? Wayne

That should mean Malone gives them hope, and they'll put work into his project

am i the only one who didn't know hoo bangin had distribution with baby and them? :-\

d-nice

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 11:55:34 AM »

i didn't know they hyped up dre. That is sad (since dre did do only 1 beat). Well hopefully since over the last few years Cash Money keeps losing there artists, Malone gets alot of focus from them. Really who else do they have? Wayne

am i the only one who didn't know hoo bangin had distribution with baby and them? :-\

Dre had beef with Mack 10 back then because Dre made that comment that he was not fucking with Gangsta Rap anymore after he went to Aftermath and Mack 10 took offense to that. Dre was not going to let Mack on the Up In Smoke Tour at first but they ironed it out and supposedly Dre was going to do half of the beats on Bang Or Ball. That did not happen

They have Teena Marie, the R&B singer and her albums did ok over there. Around 300k+ for each release. But she also has a good following. Glasses is new so they would really have to promote him well.

Hoo Bangin was indie for a while and Mack took the label to Bungalo for Ghetto, Gutter & Gangsta, but I guess he secured a label deal over there. Hoo Bangin was the best when it was on Priority ironically enough. Mack was dropping projects left and right

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 11:58:22 AM »

Dre had beef with Mack 10 back then because Dre made that comment that he was not fucking with Gangsta Rap anymore after he went to Aftermath and Mack 10 took offense to that. Dre was not going to let Mack on the Up In Smoke Tour at first but they ironed it out and supposedly Dre was going to do half of the beats on Bang Or Ball. That did not happen

They have Teena Marie, the R&B singer and her albums did ok over there. Around 300k+ for each release. But she also has a good following. Glasses is new so they would really have to promote him well.

Hoo Bangin was indie for a while and Mack took the label to Bungalo for Ghetto, Gutter & Gangsta, but I guess he secured a label deal over there. Hoo Bangin was the best when it was on Priority ironically enough. Mack was dropping projects left and right

didn't know about that whole dre & mack situation, props for the history lesson ;D

I knew about hoo bangin being indie, and then the whole bungalo situation. Did he really drop projects left and right? ???

i must be missing something, because all i can think of are his solo efforts, WSCG, and da hood compo

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 12:17:19 PM »
CJ Mac
Thicker Than Water
Comrads (2 albums)
Allfrumthai
Mc Eiht
Children Of The Ghetto

I might be forgetting some but he had alot of releases.

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 12:19:19 PM »
CJ Mac
Thicker Than Water
Comrads (2 albums)
Allfrumthai
Mc Eiht
Children Of The Ghetto

true, my bad

but for the last 5-6 yrs, they've pretty much dropped shit all (besides stuff DIRECTLY related 2 mack)

d-nice

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 12:25:52 PM »
CJ Mac
Thicker Than Water
Comrads (2 albums)
Allfrumthai
Mc Eiht
Children Of The Ghetto

Pretty much everyone left the label. Other than Da Hood. I just hope Mack and Cash Money capitalize THIS YEAR on the buzz Glasses is building and don't sit on his talent like Mack did with Technic.
true, my bad

but for the last 5-6 yrs, they've pretty much dropped shit all (besides stuff DIRECTLY related 2 mack)