Author Topic: Snoop Doggs next LP will have no guest apperances  (Read 1481 times)

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Snoop Doggs next LP will have no guest apperances
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2007, 03:42:54 PM »
Snds like a good idea! Just hope that its not just pharrell tracks throughout, gotta get sum other producers in there!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2007, 05:49:26 PM »
Snoops albums have been so goddamn wack, the last one worth listening to was "Last Meal".  Any yeah, I like the idea of no features.  But seriously, fuck Pharrell callin the shots on Snoops albums. 

He basically said "fuck my fanbase" when he started featuring Justin Timberlake and gimmicky Neptunes beats all over his albums.  His shit got mad corny.  And it sounds like he's feelin the effects of those collabs because he can't hardly perform any of his hits over the last several years cuz they all contain pop features that doesn't translate to a live performance.  Either the feature isn't at the show with him, or nobody paying to see his shows wants to hear him do "Signs".

And those features are apparently costing him album sales - I mean, I don't know about yall, but I have ZERO interest in buying a SNOOP album that sounds like every other goddamn mainstream album.  And that's why I haven't bought one since last meal.  I guarantee you there's thousands of other peeps in that same boat.

He needs to get away from Pharrell and quit trying to follow every musical fad that pops up.  Snoop is one of the most charismatic entertainers ever, I have NO IDEA why he'd water his shit down.

Lunatic

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2007, 05:53:30 PM »
Snoops albums have been so goddamn wack, the last one worth listening to was "Last Meal".  Any yeah, I like the idea of no features.  But seriously, fuck Pharrell callin the shots on Snoops albums. 

He basically said "fuck my fanbase" when he started featuring Justin Timberlake and gimmicky Neptunes beats all over his albums.  His shit got mad corny.  And it sounds like he's feelin the effects of those collabs because he can't hardly perform any of his hits over the last several years cuz they all contain pop features that doesn't translate to a live performance.  Either the feature isn't at the show with him, or nobody paying to see his shows wants to hear him do "Signs".

And those features are apparently costing him album sales - I mean, I don't know about yall, but I have ZERO interest in buying a SNOOP album that sounds like every other goddamn mainstream album.  And that's why I haven't bought one since last meal.  I guarantee you there's thousands of other peeps in that same boat.

He needs to get away from Pharrell and quit trying to follow every musical fad that pops up.  Snoop is one of the most charismatic entertainers ever, I have NO IDEA why he'd water his shit down.

you wasn't feelin tha blue carpet treatment?
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2007, 05:56:19 PM »
I "pray" that this becomes a trend in Hip Hop.

LIMITED GUEST APPEARANCES - Well people singing the hooks is fine, I don't mind that but guests RAPPERS should be limited.

Big_Ed

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2007, 06:44:45 PM »
I "pray" that this becomes a trend in Hip Hop.

LIMITED GUEST APPEARANCES - Well people singing the hooks is fine, I don't mind that but guests RAPPERS should be limited.

lol sounds like you read my mind homie.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2007, 07:19:59 PM »

you wasn't feelin tha blue carpet treatment?

Didn't feel like a cohesive album at all.  Too random, too many features, too many producers.  It wasn't as bad as PTCTBTB though.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2007, 09:22:20 PM »
Paid Tha Cost wasnt that bad, actually the problem with Snoops album is that it sounds like he put songs together without mixing. and without caring if it would fit the Theme of the album,alot of people are hating On "Paid Tha Cost" , but atleast there was some of the best songs of his career on this album, its probably the last Snoop album with songs with a serious topic, its always about cripping or getting a dick suck.it gets boring even the title of the songs doesnt make sense, like for example "fucking is good for you". Oh and another thing.. if u didnt notice yet  , since a couple of years, people been feeling Snoops single, for the beat and the hook, not even for his verses

dredayeverydayy

• 'G'
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2007, 09:30:52 PM »
can't wait for it

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2007, 12:04:40 AM »
no problem ..if he let dre, daz, warren, quik, battlecat(but please no leftovers), fred wreck, dj premier  produce the whole thing 8)

edited(only dre production is boring but he should mix it all) 8)

snoop a whole cd .... dope.. but needs better producers not pharrel

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2007, 12:28:18 AM »
Paid Tha Cost wasnt that bad, actually the problem with Snoops album is that it sounds like he put songs together without mixing. and without caring if it would fit the Theme of the album,alot of people are hating On "Paid Tha Cost" , but atleast there was some of the best songs of his career on this album, its probably the last Snoop album with songs with a serious topic, its always about cripping or getting a dick suck.it gets boring even the title of the songs doesnt make sense, like for example "fucking is good for you". Oh and another thing.. if u didnt notice yet  , since a couple of years, people been feeling Snoops single, for the beat and the hook, not even for his verses

That's what people are feeling on all artists.. I don't really know anyone that is like whoa did you just hear what "fill in artist" said?  Nope.. their like this beat is dope and their singing the hook.  No one pays attention to lyrics anymore.

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2007, 02:31:20 AM »

PTCTBTB was not realy that bad if you look at the critics... on 

http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/snoopdogg/paidthacosttobedaboss?q=snoop%20dogg  you can see it have higher ratings than both tbct and tha last meal.. So he most do something right.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2007, 07:43:55 AM »
imo ptctbtb was his most underrated album his made, the beats and his lyrics were on point in that most of the time, i got no problems with that.....BCT is the most overrated album he made, it sounds horrible to me, i was pumped after all the talk snoop put out, but the album was weak

pz

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2007, 10:26:04 AM »
Blue Carpet was a big flop. The only song that blew up was AKONs

Oh...   :o   :-[

i don't agree !! i can 't heard this guy named akon !! You think akon sound better than Nate Dogg on Boss Like??

Az

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2007, 10:29:18 AM »
If Snoop could apply the same idea of no guests all over the album to NO-Fuckin producers all over the album then I'll get excited. Whenever Snoop announces a new album, everyone be like he needs to get Fredwreck, battlecat, Daz, Soopafly, Dre, warren G production. Fuck all that, I say 3-4 producers MAX spread across 12-13 tracks. Stay away from the hip-hop formula of "oh new album, 20 tracks: 13 producers, 3 scott storch, 2 dre, 2 timbo, 3 neptunes, 1 kanye, 2 just blaze etc.." And no phone in/email beats from the producers,they need to make snoop WORK on the tracks, give him uptempo, fast tracks like tha Shiznit, something thats guuna make sure he has to flow on point and think about what hes spittin. Even Bishop Lamont implied Snoop is just sleepwalking thru mostve the tracks he does. IMO the album should be Dre, Primo and Meech production ONLY.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2007, 10:32:51 AM »