Author Topic: I have been officially diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder  (Read 1293 times)

Al Bundy

Re: I have been officially diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2007, 10:56:43 AM »
marijuana will NOT fix the problem. the only way it would is if i'm stoned 24/7 and i don't want that. i'm going to take therapy if these pills don't work.

and not taking ANYTHING will NEVER fix my problem.

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2007, 11:05:26 AM »
I had a friend that got treatment for some kind of anxiety disorder back in school, im not sure what it was exactly, but they loaded him up with valium and xanax so maybe you can get some cool pills outta this. But like piffmeister said, you really should get a mix of therapy and pills, and you should see some progress. Good luck man.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2007, 11:13:06 AM »
Yeah man, I think it's gotta be some of both. Some pills and some positive thinking.

also, relentless, i'm in the 909 too, what city  you in? you smoke?

-T
Rialto...funny you ask me about smokin in this thread...like the homie Al i got anxiety issues,i pretty much got a handle on it most days but if i smoke it magnifys my anxiety 100%. its crazy....its not a chill experience for me,i feel like im havin a heart attack and shit. the other weird thing is i can drink no problem and i can enjoy myself and just chill the fuck out.

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2007, 11:16:35 AM »
weed does that to everyone dude, the first part of the high is always a rush and raises you're heart rate, but once that wears off don't you feel hella chilled out? haha I feel you on the heart attack though I always sketch when I get too high and make sure im not gonna have a stroke or anything.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2007, 11:30:42 AM »
weed does that to everyone dude, the first part of the high is always a rush and raises you're heart rate, but once that wears off don't you feel hella chilled out? haha I feel you on the heart attack though I always sketch when I get too high and make sure im not gonna have a stroke or anything.
me its different though..its hard to explain..imagine like you got hit in the chest with a bat,everyone is speaking a language you cant understand,your homies are turning against you and everyone else wants to hurt you somehow...lol,its crazy

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2007, 11:36:16 AM »
damn, that's intense. I wouldn't fuck with weed either if that happened.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2007, 11:39:10 AM »
damn, that's intense. I wouldn't fuck with weed either if that happened.
lol,word thats what im sayin +1

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2007, 11:56:46 AM »
i agree with NIK... i think its possible to overcome it with just your brain... when i smoke weed, like the rest of yall, i get kinda nervous or w/e... i just tell myself its cuz im high and after a while i forget about it, haha, and then i just chill... the mind is powerful so i could see it happening

but good luck man... ease off the pills if theyre addictive, dont go cold turkey

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2007, 11:59:05 AM »
Yea, I feel like that a lot when I'm blazed as well...But don't listen to doctors, dude. That shit is in your head, it's the way you're thinking. You can control it with logical thinking. Your brain is strong enough to overcome it. I believe that as humans, we have the potential to control our brain and mold it however we like. As long as it's not damaged or anything. But whatever you do, don't put doubt in your brain, telling yourself it's a permanent chemical imbalance and what not, cuz that's what got you thinking that way in the first place...Just believe in your brain and the power/capabilities it possesses and all will fall into place as you go along and grow older/wiser...PeACe

Yo, you don't believe in God? I swear you like one of those sciencetologists.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2007, 01:23:55 PM »
Weed makes me have anxiety. Some nights i have trouble sleeping and my heart starts pounding for no reason whatsever. Last night it happened and i took half a xanex and i was good. I only take half when i really need to which is hardly ever now. i have had a precription of 30 for months now and i sold or gave away half of them. i have 12 left and i only take half which is .25mg.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2007, 03:11:31 PM »
lets hope you get thru it bundy, cos you one one hell of a sound guy

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2007, 05:21:23 PM »
to the people who say that this is a mind thing and i'm going to get over it, i highly doubt it.

That's the thinking that's gunna set you back IMO.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2007, 05:22:42 PM »
Yea, I feel like that a lot when I'm blazed as well...But don't listen to doctors, dude. That shit is in your head, it's the way you're thinking. You can control it with logical thinking. Your brain is strong enough to overcome it. I believe that as humans, we have the potential to control our brain and mold it however we like. As long as it's not damaged or anything. But whatever you do, don't put doubt in your brain, telling yourself it's a permanent chemical imbalance and what not, cuz that's what got you thinking that way in the first place...Just believe in your brain and the power/capabilities it possesses and all will fall into place as you go along and grow older/wiser...PeACe

haha thanks elior for that potentially damaging piece of advice. i liked the secret too homey

Oh no, lets solve the problem with pills... The best solution, huh? Unlike your mom, pills didn't just make my uncle retarded. It KILLED him.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2007, 05:29:43 PM »

Yo, you don't believe in God? I swear you like one of those sciencetologists.

WTF are you talking about, kid? God gave us a brain, not pills. Man gave us pills. I know you're young, but even youth can't excuse the shit you say sometimes. :grumpy:

Al Bundy

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2007, 05:30:21 PM »
NIK you really don't know what you're talking about. I HAVE A CHEMICAL IMBALANCE. TRYING TO SLEEP IT OFF DOES NOT WORK. I'VE HAD THIS PROBLEM FOR YEARS. I WILL NOT "GROW" OUT OF IT. You really don't understand how shitty this is. So fuck it, i'm closing the thread.