Author Topic: I have been officially diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder  (Read 1261 times)

Al Bundy

Re: I have been officially diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 04:44:06 PM »
+1 homie,anxiety disorders aint no joke..i know from experience..to be real alot of the drs. dont know shit about it at least in my experience. dont ya hate it when people think its a bullshit excuse and you can just stop it? fuckin crazy....good luck homie and dont trip it can be manageable.

i feel ya. i got lucky and found people that knew the severity of it

Al Bundy

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 04:45:03 PM »
What's your symptoms?

Sweating, heart pounding, nervous, anxiety, yada yada yada

Al Bundy

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 04:46:20 PM »
i hope you find a way to be at peace homey, hopefully without pills eventually. my mom was on that paxil shit and it can make you a zombie. good luck

thats real. thanks alot. i hope I don't turn into a zombie :(

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 05:13:23 PM »
anxiety sucks. I had panic attacks mulitple times a week for months. I finally seemed to get over them. Do NOT take SSRIs like Paxil, Zoloft etc. They fuck you up hardcore and totally fuck up your sex drive. Not to mention trying to get off of them when u feel better is similar to heroin withdrawls. Nobody understands that it has nothing to do with whats going on it just happens.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 05:59:21 PM »
Do NOT take SSRIs like Paxil, Zoloft etc. They fuck you up hardcore and totally fuck up your sex drive. Not to mention trying to get off of them when u feel better is similar to heroin withdrawls..
it works diffrent for everyone...they didnt even affect me at all (never tried zoloft)..i dont take any meds cause they dont make me feel any diffrent but ive heard they work wonders for alot of people.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 06:11:13 PM »
I used to have depression after my mom had brain surgery and was in the hospital for almost 3 months. I was taking Wellbutrin XL and that shit made me have anxiety attacks and insomnia. Shit got really bad after about the second week so I just stopped taking them and now I'm fine. I hope everything works out okay for you. That anxiety is no joke. I was even looking at my friends like they were against me a couple times.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 06:56:11 PM »
Yea, I feel like that a lot when I'm blazed as well...But don't listen to doctors, dude. That shit is in your head, it's the way you're thinking. You can control it with logical thinking. Your brain is strong enough to overcome it. I believe that as humans, we have the potential to control our brain and mold it however we like. As long as it's not damaged or anything. But whatever you do, don't put doubt in your brain, telling yourself it's a permanent chemical imbalance and what not, cuz that's what got you thinking that way in the first place...Just believe in your brain and the power/capabilities it possesses and all will fall into place as you go along and grow older/wiser...PeACe

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 07:08:15 PM »
You probably just have gas....you should feel better soon :)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 07:16:56 PM »
That shit is in your head, it's the way you're thinking. You can control it with logical thinking. 
its way more complicated then that and unless you have had serious probs with anxiety you really cant understand. i do agree with you though as far as tryin to change the way you think, but in alot of cases meds are needed and like i said before work really well on some people.

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 07:17:38 PM »
I hope you get bettre homie.
My Future Wife:

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 07:18:25 PM »
You probably just have gas....you should feel better soon :)
lmao...funny you say that..doctors have/can diagnose the symptoms you get from anxiety attacks as gas

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 07:20:41 PM »
I disagree NIK.  Mainly it is a physical thing. Telling yourself that your Seratonin receptors will work better isn't going to fix the problem. Even though i got through it on my own naturally. I took a bunch of natural supplements like fish oil and phenibut to get me through it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2007, 07:43:54 PM »
I disagree NIK.  Mainly it is a physical thing. Telling yourself that your Seratonin receptors will work better isn't going to fix the problem. Even though i got through it on my own naturally. I took a bunch of natural supplements like fish oil and phenibut to get me through it.

I believe you can make your seratonin receptors work better with your mind. It's strong enough.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 07:46:43 PM »
That shit is in your head, it's the way you're thinking. You can control it with logical thinking. 
its way more complicated then that and unless you have had serious probs with anxiety you really cant understand. i do agree with you though as far as tryin to change the way you think, but in alot of cases meds are needed and like i said before work really well on some people.

I'm against meds psychologically...IMO, you can definitely make it better with the strengthening of your brain.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 07:53:56 PM »

I'm against meds psychologically...IMO, you can definitely make it better with the strengthening of your brain.
i feel you on the meds part..thats why i dont take them for my anxiety but in some cases it cant be helped. also your right about bein able to "strengthen" your mind..bein positive and bein in the right state of mind helps tremendously.