Author Topic: New 50 cent interview ("fire" feat. Nicole Scherzinger prod. by Dre...)  (Read 771 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: New 50 cent interview ("fire" feat. Nicole Scherzinger prod. by Dre...)
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 07:10:15 PM »
I'm waiting for the 50 dick rider to come in here and say how it's good that he's branching out with these pop artists and how all we listen to is gangsta rap, pretty much they're typical dick riding.

I consider myself a pretty big fan of 50, and I gotta say I'm not too happy with this selection of pop artists. When he said he was gonna work outside of the camp, I thought maybe more guests rappers. 50 has already proved that he can sell well with pop records, imo alot of people are gonna be tired and /or disapoinnted in this.

Matty

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 07:12:02 PM »
just poking fun at the fact that 50 says this lp is set before his first. thats not really very convincing if hes pimpin it out with timbo and jt and got all these pop tracks on it.

rik

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 07:15:48 PM »
I'm waiting for the 50 dick rider to come in here and say how it's good that he's branching out with these pop artists and how all we listen to is gangsta rap, pretty much they're typical dick riding.

I consider myself a pretty big fan of 50, and I gotta say I'm not too happy with this selection of pop artists. When he said he was gonna work outside of the camp, I thought maybe more guests rappers. 50 has already proved that he can sell well with pop records, imo alot of people are gonna be tired and /or disapoinnted in this.

+1 for being a 50 fan and not a dick rider. You're absolutely right. He already proved he could sell records, and he's fuckin' filthy rich. So why not go back and make a rap album, with actual rapper as guest appearances? Instead of some more radio friendly music.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 07:40:16 PM by Rik »

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 07:34:05 PM »

+1 for being a 50 fan and not a dick rider. You're absolutely right. This already proved he could sell records, and he's fuckin' filthy rich. So why not go back and make a rap album, with actual rapper as guest appearances? Instead of some more radio friendly music.

Because he's slippin. His REAL fans ( dickriders not included ) started liking 50 before the fame. All that mixtape mateiral prior to GRODT was why he was hot. Dude was simply putting out the hardest, grimest music in the game at that time.

His label's radio-friendly formula hass not been working well, he needs to remember where he started at, and what made him hot in the 1st place. Alot of rappers blow and act like they came out of nowhere. I respected 50 for his grind so much, and the pop album could sound good by off chance, but 50 is not the dude to be making these pretty boy tracks. A rapper like Chamillionare, Bone Thugs, Jay-Z, Snoop, etc would be better suited over these types of tracks.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 07:39:33 PM »

+1 for being a 50 fan and not a dick rider. You're absolutely right. This already proved he could sell records, and he's fuckin' filthy rich. So why not go back and make a rap album, with actual rapper as guest appearances? Instead of some more radio friendly music.

Because he's slippin. His REAL fans ( dickriders not included ) started liking 50 before the fame. All that mixtape mateiral prior to GRODT was why he was hot. Dude was simply putting out the hardest, grimest music in the game at that time.

His label's radio-friendly formula hass not been working well, he needs to remember where he started at, and what made him hot in the 1st place. Alot of rappers blow and act like they came out of nowhere. I respected 50 for his grind so much, and the pop album could sound good by off chance, but 50 is not the dude to be making these pretty boy tracks. A rapper like Chamillionare, Bone Thugs, Jay-Z, Snoop, etc would be better suited over these types of tracks.
props two both yall...real spit..50 and g-unit/shady/aftermath (yes,inclunding Dre :o) are greedy and care more for soundscan numbers than music. which is kinda weird cause besides the big three em,50,dre the rest of the camp is ass.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 07:41:51 PM »

props two both yall...real spit..50 and g-unit/shady/aftermath (yes,inclunding Dre :o) are greedy and care more for soundscan numbers than music. which is kinda weird cause besides the big three em,50,dre the rest of the camp is ass.

The soundscan are not gonna be as high as they were before, I think some artists/labels are in denial about that right now. Rappers gotta play to there strengths, and selling records in 07 is not one of em.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 07:50:24 PM »

The soundscan are not gonna be as high as they were before, I think some artists/labels are in denial about that right now. Rappers gotta play to there strengths, and selling records in 07 is not one of em.
word,i think rappers should take a look @ T.I. hehas the blueprint right now...like you said you gotta play to your strengths and i think he does that well. 50 puts the record out now as described and its a wrap for him i think.

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 08:06:17 PM »

word,i think rappers should take a look @ T.I. hehas the blueprint right now...like you said you gotta play to your strengths and i think he does that well. 50 puts the record out now as described and its a wrap for him i think.

and what can they learn from T.I.? (not hating just wondering what you mean)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 08:38:05 PM »
i just think he knows how to cater to his core audience...look @ King for example. No questionable poppy guests,no overdosin on guest appearances period. Solid production. Yet he can still go out and make his money with Timberlake or anyone else because he leaves that shit separate from his album. I dont know how T.I. Vs. TIP is set up but if he keeps it similar to King it will probably sell just as well.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 08:42:16 PM »
i just think he knows how to cater to his core audience...look @ King for example. No questionable poppy guests,no overdosin on guest appearances period. Solid production. Yet he can still go out and make his money with Timberlake or anyone else because he leaves that shit separate from his album. I dont know how T.I. Vs. TIP is set up but if he keeps it similar to King it will probably sell just as well.

Tip is one of a kind though. I think he's more versatile than 50 is, who sounds uncomfortable over these pop tracks ( "Window Shopper" anyone? ). Your correct on him being able to cater to his core audience while at the same time gaining new ones every time his tracks come on. Great production, and he chooses his singles extremely well.

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 09:03:35 PM »

True that dog. I didn't really take notice to that about King, no crappy/cheesy guests whatsoever. And although he did have some big name producers on it (mannie fresh, swizz beatz, just blaze) the majority of the beats came from grand hustle in-house dudes (Khao + another I can't member), or other small-name producers he's been fucking with for a long time (DJ Toomp).

T.I. vs. T.I.P. seems like it may be a bit different though. Rumours floating around are saying we'll have guests from Akon (i'm cool with him on it), Timberlake (although I don't mind him & my love was a classic collabo, there's that cheesy guest), Eminem (seems to be pretty much a done deal, this could be wack or intresting), Young Jeezy (they have pretty good chemistry), Ciara (cheesy), Wycelf (same story as eminem), R. kelly (get loose was dope), lil' wayne (haven't had enough collabo's between these 2, although wayne doesn't do much for me), R. Kelly (i'm a flirt is sickkk). So sounds like it could be

A) mixed bag
B) incredilby dope
C) turn out like 50's and the rest of the industry's albums

Reefer: I agree with your points all the way up yo T.I. catering to his core audience & gaining new fans. Great production as well. But he has picked some bad singles. He tends to be right on with the 1st 2 singles usually (bring em out & you don't know me & what you know & why you wanna) but seems to struggle when hitting that 3rd & 4th spot. For Urban Legend, Asap/Motivation was a horrific choice for a single over Get Loose & Freak Though. Also on King, Live In The Sky (although it was a nice tribute to his deceased friend) didn't make any noise to nobody's suprise. Then agian, he also picked Be Eazy as a 2nd single (great song, bad single) but re-couped that album with great 3rd & 4th singles in rubberband man & lets get away

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 09:06:42 PM »

True that dog. I didn't really take notice to that about King, no crappy/cheesy guests whatsoever. And although he did have some big name producers on it (mannie fresh, swizz beatz, just blaze) the majority of the beats came from grand hustle in-house dudes (Khao + another I can't member), or other small-name producers he's been fucking with for a long time (DJ Toomp).

T.I. vs. T.I.P. seems like it may be a bit different though. Rumours floating around are saying we'll have guests from Akon (i'm cool with him on it), Timberlake (although I don't mind him & my love was a classic collabo, there's that cheesy guest), Eminem (seems to be pretty much a done deal, this could be wack or intresting), Young Jeezy (they have pretty good chemistry), Ciara (cheesy), Wycelf (same story as eminem), R. kelly (get loose was dope), lil' wayne (haven't had enough collabo's between these 2, although wayne doesn't do much for me), R. Kelly (i'm a flirt is sickkk). So sounds like it could be

A) mixed bag
B) incredilby dope

Reefer: I agree with your points all the way up yo T.I. catering to his core audience & gaining new fans. Great production as well. But he has picked some bad singles. He tends to be right on with the 1st 2 singles usually (bring em out & you don't know me & what you know & why you wanna) but seems to struggle when hitting that 3rd & 4th spot. For Urban Legend, Asap/Motivation was a horrific choice for a single over Get Loose & Freak Though. Also on King, Live In The Sky (although it was a nice tribute to his deceased friend) didn't make any noise to nobody's suprise. Then agian, he also picked Be Eazy as a 2nd single (great song, bad single) but re-couped that album with great 3rd & 4th singles in rubberband man & lets get away

Pretty much agreed on all points excpet "ASAP", "Motivation" and "Top Down" all get serious love and airplay out here. The only single he had that didn't imo was "Front 2 Back"

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2007, 09:11:39 PM »

A) mixed bag
B) incredilby dope

Pretty much agreed on all points excpet "ASAP", "Motivation" and "Top Down" all get serious love and airplay out here. The only single he had that didn't imo was "Front 2 Back"

Asap/Motvation got no love on t.v. though. No doubt in my mind that Get Loose would of blown the fuck up

You mean Top Back, and I didn't speak bad on that one ;D

Also I don't know about Front Back. I think it was more of a street single for the following reasons

A) in an interview after what you know dropped, he said the 2nd single would be why you wanna (totally not mentioning front back)
B) he said that all the singles which had videos would be directed by chris robinson (front back was directed by dr.teeth)

that song is a classic regardless 8)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 09:25:32 PM »

A) mixed bag
B) incredilby dope
damn,props on the info homie...it does sound like it may turn out a mixed bag. Im coppin regardless but to be real im not as hyped about it. i dont feel akon,r.kelly,wyclef,timerlakes music...eminem puts me to sleep now days and i wish lil wayne did so i couldnt hear him mumble. but who knows like you said it could turn out dope.

Lunatic

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 09:29:21 PM »

A) mixed bag
B) incredilby dope
damn,props on the info homie...it does sound like it may turn out a mixed bag. Im coppin regardless but to be real im not as hyped about it. i dont feel akon,r.kelly,wyclef,timerlakes music...eminem puts me to sleep now days and i wish lil wayne did so i couldnt hear him mumble. but who knows like you said it could turn out dope.

np man. I am defanitely copping 1st day as T.I. is my fav. artist. I think T.I./Akon can make a very good song. But not on a poppy level, on a serious note (and thats what the song is, It is titled "hero"). Dunno what your thoughts were on "soul survivor" (jeezy) but I was cool with that track. And since T.I.'s skill is Jeezy's 100x we may have a real good song here. I think Wycelf is only producing, so no vocals. T.I. & Kelly can make a good track (if it's a party record similar to i'm a flirt, which i love) and that also seems to be the case. The track with kellz is to be titled "life of the party". We may see new life in Eminem with proof's death, the new d12 & solo album, detox etc. so give him another chance. Ain't big on wayne either, but will see