Author Topic: New 50 cent interview ("fire" feat. Nicole Scherzinger prod. by Dre...)  (Read 772 times)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: New 50 cent interview ("fire" feat. Nicole Scherzinger prod. by Dre...)
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 09:42:49 PM »
and what can they learn from T.I.? (not hating just wondering what you mean)
i just think he knows how to cater to his core audience...look @ King for example. No questionable poppy guests,no overdosin on guest appearances period. Solid production. Yet he can still go out and make his money with Timberlake or anyone else because he leaves that shit separate from his album. I dont know how T.I. Vs. TIP is set up but if he keeps it similar to King it will probably sell just as well.
T.I. vs. T.I.P. seems like it may be a bit different though. Rumours floating around are saying we'll have guests from Akon (i'm cool with him on it), Timberlake (although I don't mind him & my love was a classic collabo, there's that cheesy guest), Eminem (seems to be pretty much a done deal, this could be wack or intresting), Young Jeezy (they have pretty good chemistry), Ciara (cheesy), Wycelf (same story as eminem), R. kelly (get loose was dope), lil' wayne (haven't had enough collabo's between these 2, although wayne doesn't do much for me), R. Kelly (i'm a flirt is sickkk). So sounds like it could be

A) mixed bag
B) incredilby dope
C) turn out like 50's and the rest of the industry's albums
damn,props on the info homie...it does sound like it may turn out a mixed bag. Im coppin regardless but to be real im not as hyped about it. i dont feel akon,r.kelly,wyclef,timerlakes music...eminem puts me to sleep now days and i wish lil wayne did so i couldnt hear him mumble. but who knows like you said it could turn out dope.

np man. I am defanitely copping 1st day as T.I. is my fav. artist. I think T.I./Akon can make a very good song. But not on a poppy level, on a serious note (and thats what the song is, It is titled "hero"). Dunno what your thoughts were on "soul survivor" (jeezy) but I was cool with that track. And since T.I.'s skill is Jeezy's 100x we may have a real good song here. I think Wycelf is only producing, so no vocals. T.I. & Kelly can make a good track (if it's a party record similar to i'm a flirt, which i love) and that also seems to be the case. The track with kellz is to be titled "life of the party". We may see new life in Eminem with proof's death, the new d12 & solo album, detox etc. so give him another chance. Ain't big on wayne either, but will see
now thats whats up...jeezy is limited as an m.c. imo but he has his moments, Wyclef only producin is good to hear. ill be a first day buyer as well as T.I. is one of the few bright spots in the game right now.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2007, 09:46:57 PM »
i just think he knows how to cater to his core audience...look @ King for example. No questionable poppy guests,no overdosin on guest appearances period. Solid production. Yet he can still go out and make his money with Timberlake or anyone else because he leaves that shit separate from his album. I dont know how T.I. Vs. TIP is set up but if he keeps it similar to King it will probably sell just as well.

True that dog. I didn't really take notice to that about King, no crappy/cheesy guests whatsoever. And although he did have some big name producers on it (mannie fresh, swizz beatz, just blaze) the majority of the beats came from grand hustle in-house dudes (Khao + another I can't member), or other small-name producers he's been fucking with for a long time (DJ Toomp).

T.I. vs. T.I.P. seems like it may be a bit different though. Rumours floating around are saying we'll have guests from Akon (i'm cool with him on it), Timberlake (although I don't mind him & my love was a classic collabo, there's that cheesy guest), Eminem (seems to be pretty much a done deal, this could be wack or intresting), Young Jeezy (they have pretty good chemistry), Ciara (cheesy), Wycelf (same story as eminem), R. kelly (get loose was dope), lil' wayne (haven't had enough collabo's between these 2, although wayne doesn't do much for me), R. Kelly (i'm a flirt is sickkk). So sounds like it could be

A) mixed bag
B) incredilby dope

Reefer: I agree with your points all the way up yo T.I. catering to his core audience & gaining new fans. Great production as well. But he has picked some bad singles. He tends to be right on with the 1st 2 singles usually (bring em out & you don't know me & what you know & why you wanna) but seems to struggle when hitting that 3rd & 4th spot. For Urban Legend, Asap/Motivation was a horrific choice for a single over Get Loose & Freak Though. Also on King, Live In The Sky (although it was a nice tribute to his deceased friend) didn't make any noise to nobody's suprise. Then agian, he also picked Be Eazy as a 2nd single (great song, bad single) but re-couped that album with great 3rd & 4th singles in rubberband man & lets get away

Pretty much agreed on all points excpet "ASAP", "Motivation" and "Top Down" all get serious love and airplay out here. The only single he had that didn't imo was "Front 2 Back"

Asap/Motvation got no love on t.v. though. No doubt in my mind that Get Loose would of blown the fuck up

You mean Top Back, and I didn't speak bad on that one ;D

Also I don't know about Front Back. I think it was more of a street single for the following reasons

A) in an interview after what you know dropped, he said the 2nd single would be why you wanna (totally not mentioning front back)
B) he said that all the singles which had videos would be directed by chris robinson (front back was directed by dr.teeth)

that song is a classic regardless 8)

I never knew he didn't mention "Front Back", they were advertising it as Jam of the week on MTV & MTV2 when it came out the same way they did for "Tell Me When To Go", "Strip Club", etc.,. It should have blown, another dope ass record from King.

I also didn't know ASAP didn't get video spin, they played it on the radio, along with "Motivation" alot on Hot97. Another thing to keep in mind about 3rd or 4th singles, they rarley, if ever get alot of play.

"Real Nigga Roll Call" Lil' Jon/Cube
"Bang Out"/"Bosses Life" Snoop
"Minority Report"/"Lost One's" Jay-Z
"Wouldn't Get Far" Game
"Grown & Sexy" Chamillionare

All pretty good tracks, they just don't get the attention/promo as the 1st 2.  "Get Loose" would have done better, but I don't know how much play it could have gotten.

And yes, I did mean "Top Back" ;D

Lunatic

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2007, 09:48:02 PM »

A) mixed bag
B) incredilby dope
damn,props on the info homie...it does sound like it may turn out a mixed bag. Im coppin regardless but to be real im not as hyped about it. i dont feel akon,r.kelly,wyclef,timerlakes music...eminem puts me to sleep now days and i wish lil wayne did so i couldnt hear him mumble. but who knows like you said it could turn out dope.

np man. I am defanitely copping 1st day as T.I. is my fav. artist. I think T.I./Akon can make a very good song. But not on a poppy level, on a serious note (and thats what the song is, It is titled "hero"). Dunno what your thoughts were on "soul survivor" (jeezy) but I was cool with that track. And since T.I.'s skill is Jeezy's 100x we may have a real good song here. I think Wycelf is only producing, so no vocals. T.I. & Kelly can make a good track (if it's a party record similar to i'm a flirt, which i love) and that also seems to be the case. The track with kellz is to be titled "life of the party". We may see new life in Eminem with proof's death, the new d12 & solo album, detox etc. so give him another chance. Ain't big on wayne either, but will see
now thats whats up...jeezy is limited as an m.c. imo but he has his moments, Wyclef only producin is good to hear. ill be a first day buyer as well as T.I. is one of the few bright spots in the game right now.

Yea, that's why i'm sayin the collabo with akon may be amazing. If Jeezy can make a dope song (topic being related to that of what is believed to be the same as the T.I. collabo). I believe I heard wyclef was only to be producing, don't entirely take me up on that 1 though ;D

T.I. is indeed 1 of VERY FEW bright spots right now runnin the mainstream game. All those haters who talk shit about him, need to actually give his albums a chance, or simply stop hating.

how many artists have...

1) made a classic album (trap muzik)
2) ended a rapper's career (lil flip)

also outselling Jay-z this past year was astonishing, considering jay had that "coming out of retirement buzz" and dropped a very radio-friendly single

fuck the haters ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2007, 09:50:16 PM »

True that dog. I didn't really take notice to that about King, no crappy/cheesy guests whatsoever. And although he did have some big name producers on it (mannie fresh, swizz beatz, just blaze) the majority of the beats came from grand hustle in-house dudes (Khao + another I can't member), or other small-name producers he's been fucking with for a long time (DJ Toomp).

A) mixed bag
B) incredilby dope

Reefer: I agree with your points all the way up yo T.I. catering to his core audience & gaining new fans. Great production as well. But he has picked some bad singles. He tends to be right on with the 1st 2 singles usually (bring em out & you don't know me & what you know & why you wanna) but seems to struggle when hitting that 3rd & 4th spot. For Urban Legend, Asap/Motivation was a horrific choice for a single over Get Loose & Freak Though. Also on King, Live In The Sky (although it was a nice tribute to his deceased friend) didn't make any noise to nobody's suprise. Then agian, he also picked Be Eazy as a 2nd single (great song, bad single) but re-couped that album with great 3rd & 4th singles in rubberband man & lets get away

Pretty much agreed on all points excpet "ASAP", "Motivation" and "Top Down" all get serious love and airplay out here. The only single he had that didn't imo was "Front 2 Back"

Asap/Motvation got no love on t.v. though. No doubt in my mind that Get Loose would of blown the fuck up

Also I don't know about Front Back. I think it was more of a street single for the following reasons

A) in an interview after what you know dropped, he said the 2nd single would be why you wanna (totally not mentioning front back)
B) he said that all the singles which had videos would be directed by chris robinson (front back was directed by dr.teeth)

I never knew he didn't mention "Front Back", they were advertising it as Jam of the week on MTV & MTV2 when it came out the same way they did for "Tell Me When To Go", "Strip Club", etc.,. It should have blown, another dope ass record from King.

I also didn't know ASAP didn't get video spin, they played it on the radio, along with "Motivation" alot on Hot97. Another thing to keep in mind about 3rd or 4th singles, they rarley, if ever get alot of play.

"Wouldn't Get Far" Game

All pretty good tracks, they just don't get the attention/promo as the 1st 2.  "Get Loose" would have done better, but I don't know how much play it could have gotten.

Yea, Front back is a classic track, just 2 street for the radio/t.v.

yea asap/motivation got no play pretty much. Also the video version was a remix, that included verses from P$C member's Macboney & Big Kuntry. Get Loose would of done better, because it's more single sounding, plus T.I. was already on tour with nelly at that time, so they even could of performed it together

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2007, 09:56:46 PM »

A) mixed bag
B) incredilby dope

"Wouldn't Get Far" Game

All pretty good tracks, they just don't get the attention/promo as the 1st 2.  "Get Loose" would have done better, but I don't know how much play it could have gotten.

Yea, Front back is a classic track, just 2 street for the radio/t.v.

yea asap/motivation got no play pretty much. Also the video version was a remix, that included verses from P$C member's Macboney & Big Kuntry. Get Loose would of done better, because it's more single sounding, plus T.I. was already on tour with nelly at that time, so they even could of performed it together

Good thinking +1

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2007, 09:59:06 PM »
lol @ this thread gettin hijacked...when does Vs. drop??

thisoneguy360

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2007, 11:11:48 PM »
This shit is shaping to not be too good, i'll reserve my judegements until i hear the final product though

XaNdEr

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2007, 11:25:51 PM »
I'm waiting for the 50 dick rider to come in here and say how it's good that he's branching out with these pop artists and how all we listen to is gangsta rap, pretty much they're typical dick riding.

I consider myself a pretty big fan of 50, and I gotta say I'm not too happy with this selection of pop artists. When he said he was gonna work outside of the camp, I thought maybe more guests rappers. 50 has already proved that he can sell well with pop records, imo alot of people are gonna be tired and /or disapoinnted in this.

+1 for being a 50 fan and not a dick rider. You're absolutely right. He already proved he could sell records, and he's fuckin' filthy rich. So why not go back and make a rap album, with actual rapper as guest appearances? Instead of some more radio friendly music.

Just because you disagree with something or someone, doesn't make that other person a dickrider, you opinion means shit to me, i'm lookin' forward to this album, i loved Timbo's album, so why not this one.  8)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2007, 02:12:53 AM »
The only one I have a problem is, is Nicole from PCD. She is on a track with Buck and produced by Dre, so theres still hope.

Mary J., Eminem, Akon all dope. Robin Thicke is one of the most talented rnb acts out right now, his new LP is really good, plus that track with Lil Wayne is the shit.

And Justin ? If its like My Love than its all good. If its like Signs than its not good.

Do I like all these guests ? No. Will I judge it before I hear it ? No.

The funny things is how 50 is getting so much hate for working with those acts. But when I posted news about T.I.'s album where he has Ciara, Akon. R.Kelly and JT, it was quite calm.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 02:23:50 AM by Timbo the king »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2007, 04:09:30 AM »
He said there was no point in creating an album focused too much on lyrics because people just want to have fun....this album is shaping up to be bs and i kind of liked get rich or die trying....before GRODT my ass, this album is gonna be horrible lol. What I can't understand is this is watered down curtis but surely he should be thinking that his fan base is so big, that he can sprinkle the album with a few friendly singles but also have lots of songs with focused hard hitting lyrics because his lyrics can be captivating when he bothers plus his flow sounds really lazy on a lot of recent stuff particular massacre  ::)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 04:15:06 AM by virtuoso »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2007, 07:37:49 AM »
man that interview was in french???lol.......can someone say what he pretty much said?....about the production list...it sounds very strong, probably the strongest line up 50 cent ever had....i don't know about the direction 50 taking though still.....and i agree with detox cat, i will judge it AFTER i hear it....but we all know the detox homie is already feeling the album without hearing it,lol

Lunatic

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2007, 07:42:08 PM »
The only one I have a problem is, is Nicole from PCD. She is on a track with Buck and produced by Dre, so theres still hope.

Mary J., Eminem, Akon all dope. Robin Thicke is one of the most talented rnb acts out right now, his new LP is really good, plus that track with Lil Wayne is the shit.

And Justin ? If its like My Love than its all good. If its like Signs than its not good.

The funny things is how 50 is getting so much hate for working with those acts. But when I posted news about T.I.'s album where he has Ciara, Akon. R.Kelly and JT, it was quite calm.

For your explanation on T.I., check all the reasons listed above

Lunatic

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2007, 07:42:43 PM »

T.I. vs. T.I.P. is set to drop July 3

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2007, 10:13:25 PM »

im not sure where you get the hate from in this thread.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2007, 10:15:12 PM »

T.I. vs. T.I.P. is set to drop July 3
+1