Author Topic: LMAO Iran Bans Western Hair Styles  (Read 501 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
LMAO Iran Bans Western Hair Styles
« on: April 29, 2007, 01:39:51 PM »
Iran ban on 'Western' hairstyles
By Frances Harrison
BBC News, Tehran 

Iranian police have warned barbers not to give men western hair styles or use make up on them.
The move is part of an unusually fierce crackdown on what is known locally as bad hijab, or un-Islamic clothing, that this year is also targeting men.

Hair stylists have been warned that they could lose their licenses if they do not comply.

However, police have denied a report that they have ordered barbers not to serve customers wearing ties.

Wild

Police say that as well as avoiding western hairstyles and make up, barbers should not pluck customers' eyebrows.

Some young boys in Iran sport very wild hair styles , using gel to make their long hair stand on end in a fashion not seen in other countries.

Meanwhile newspapers in Iran have quoted the police as saying that 16,000 women and 500 men have been cautioned in the last week over their improper clothing.

It is not clear if these figures are nationwide or only apply to the capital, Tehran.

Iranian television has said the crackdown on un-Islamic clothing has entered its second phase now where mobile police units will patrol Tehran to look for those who are not observing Islamic dress properly.

According to the local media, Tehran's public prosecutor has suggested women who violate dress rules should be exiled from the capital to remote areas of the country.

A member of the parliament's legal committee has said there is no legal impediment to doing this.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/middle_east/6605487.stm

Published: 2007/04/29 13:07:52 GMT

© BBC MMVII
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 03:07:34 AM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Samoan Enforcer

Re: LMAO Iran Bans Wesern Hair Styles
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 03:25:36 PM »
maybe this will bring peace to their shit hole waste land country

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 03:55:02 PM »
A thread isn't a thread in the TOT until J Bananas puts in his 2 cents.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 03:58:13 PM »
who actually gives a fuck?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 04:53:06 PM »
I'm aure if the Unites States banned certain styles of haircuts and clothes you would care.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 05:39:50 PM »
I'm aure if the Unites States banned certain styles of haircuts and clothes you would care.
true,but i could care less what type of haircut an Iranian has..i just think its pointless to point out these things because obviously "us" bein westerners already think the middle-east is ass-backwards in thinking/living. let them do what they feel is right,we dont HAVE to approve.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 06:35:12 PM »
true,but i could care less what type of haircut an Iranian has..i just think its pointless to point out these things because obviously "us" bein westerners already think the middle-east is ass-backwards in thinking/living. let them do what they feel is right,we dont HAVE to approve.
It's not about improving. Obvously the Midde East is going to do whatever they want regardless of what Westerners think of it. But the point of TOT (which is rarely ever met these days) is to discuss various political, social, religous etc. issues. This banning definatly is showing some negative (and ignorant) attitudes towards Western countries.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 07:44:27 PM »
People in the West seem to forget about their own bullshit... i.e. not allowing Muslim females to wear headscarves in school.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 08:08:05 PM »
Do they get in trouble if they shower too much as well?

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 08:15:40 PM »

Actually, Muslims have to be in a pure state before praying, which they do 5 times a day.... that means any time they take a piss or fart or anything they gotta wash themselves before praying... while it's normal in Europe to shower once a week.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 08:22:45 PM »

Actually, Muslims have to be in a pure state before praying, which they do 5 times a day.... that means any time they take a piss or fart or anything they gotta wash themselves before praying... while it's normal in Europe to shower once a week.

Word I remember this German broad that was here as an exchange student when i was in high school.  She stayed with one of my friend's family.  She had hairy pits and never showered.  She'd always try to come over to my house to swim and I told the homey he had to cut that short. 

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 11:06:24 PM »
i feel you Teddy. I just feel more attention should be paid to diplomatic resolutions than haircuts/headwear. My first post was not meant to be negative. Im all for discussion and you make a valid point.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 03:11:51 AM »
People in the West seem to forget about their own bullshit... i.e. not allowing Muslim females to wear headscarves in school.
morrocco, eqypt, turkey all muslim countries which have banned the headscalf in 1 way or another

whats wrong with wanting to see who you are teaching etc. muslims always cause fuss over shit like this while everyone else just gets along with it and follows the SAME rules

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 03:13:23 AM »

normal in germany not the rest of europe

Chief

Re: LMAO Iran Bans Western Hair Styles
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 03:30:48 AM »
i bet theyre still pissed about the whole sparta thing.