Author Topic: LMAO Iran Bans Western Hair Styles  (Read 498 times)

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: LMAO Iran Bans Western Hair Styles
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 03:46:34 AM »
Good for them, people who spike up their hair are cunts. :camp:

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: LMAO Iran Bans Wesern Hair Styles
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 01:50:18 PM »
Do they get in trouble if they shower too much as well?

Actually, Muslims have to be in a pure state before praying, which they do 5 times a day.... that means any time they take a piss or fart or anything they gotta wash themselves before praying... while it's normal in Europe to shower once a week.
normal in germany not the rest of europe

Actually I've met people from France, Sweden, Denmark, and Holland who have all said pretty much the same thing...
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 02:53:03 PM »
People in the West seem to forget about their own bullshit... i.e. not allowing Muslim females to wear headscarves in school.
morrocco, eqypt, turkey all muslim countries which have banned the headscalf in 1 way or another

whats wrong with wanting to see who you are teaching etc. muslims always cause fuss over shit like this while everyone else just gets along with it and follows the SAME rules

Wanting to see who you're teaching? We're talking about a piece of cloth that covers a girl's hair, not her face.
Muslims caused a fuss over this because whether you want to admit it or not, the French law was targeting them.
The same rules? Oh you mean the non-Muslim girls are also not allowed to cover their heads... great logic. That's like me saying a Muslim country forcing every female to wear a headscarf is okay, and that non-Muslims causing a fuss would be just an over-reaction since the rule applies to everyone.

No matter what you say, it still is a law that's taking away their basic freedom. I know America's foreign policy is shit, but I can't deny the fact that unlike much of the rest of the world (some Middle Eastern countries and certain European ones), you can practice your religion freely here... the idea of not allowing someone to wear something like a headscarf at school would be considered absurd and ridiculous here.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 06:18:33 PM »
Do they get in trouble if they shower too much as well?

Actually, Muslims have to be in a pure state before praying, which they do 5 times a day.... that means any time they take a piss or fart or anything they gotta wash themselves before praying... while it's normal in Europe to shower once a week.
normal in germany not the rest of europe

Actually I've met people from France, Sweden, Denmark, and Holland who have all said pretty much the same thing...

Thats bs. People in Holland shower at least once a day. Most people even twice a day. I dont know what kind of people youve been talking to...

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2007, 07:15:05 PM »
People in the West seem to forget about their own bullshit... i.e. not allowing Muslim females to wear headscarves in school.
morrocco, eqypt, turkey all muslim countries which have banned the headscalf in 1 way or another

whats wrong with wanting to see who you are teaching etc. muslims always cause fuss over shit like this while everyone else just gets along with it and follows the SAME rules

Wanting to see who you're teaching? We're talking about a piece of cloth that covers a girl's hair, not her face.
Muslims caused a fuss over this because whether you want to admit it or not, the French law was targeting them.
The same rules? Oh you mean the non-Muslim girls are also not allowed to cover their heads... great logic. That's like me saying a Muslim country forcing every female to wear a headscarf is okay, and that non-Muslims causing a fuss would be just an over-reaction since the rule applies to everyone.

No matter what you say, it still is a law that's taking away their basic freedom. I know America's foreign policy is shit, but I can't deny the fact that unlike much of the rest of the world (some Middle Eastern countries and certain European ones), you can practice your religion freely here... the idea of not allowing someone to wear something like a headscarf at school would be considered absurd and ridiculous here.

It's apples and oranges homey.  I couldn't wear a hat in school either.  There's no law that forbids them from covering their head out in public, or restaurants or whatever.  There's no special forces unit assigned to patrol the streets looking for women in head scarves.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 07:22:25 PM »

It's apples and oranges homey.  I couldn't wear a hat in school either.  There's no law that forbids them from covering their head out in public, or restaurants or whatever.  There's no special forces unit assigned to patrol the streets looking for women in head scarves.

It's not apples and oranges... because we're talking about religion here. You aren't allowed to wear hats in most American high schools, but they make EXCEPTIONS for people who need to wear anything on their heads for religious reasons. Also, you have to remember that countries like France didn't ban the headscarf in schools for the same reasons that people aren't allowed to wear hats to school here in America.... they're doing it because of the religious symbolism attached. That's a breach of religious freedom.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 07:32:22 PM »

It's not apples and oranges... because we're talking about religion here. You aren't allowed to wear hats in most American high schools, but they make EXCEPTIONS for people who need to wear anything on their heads for religious reasons. Also, you have to remember that countries like France didn't ban the headscarf in schools for the same reasons that people aren't allowed to wear hats to school here in America.... they're doing it because of the religious symbolism attached. That's a breach of religious freedom.
how come a muslim country like turkey banned the head scalf in schools

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 07:38:39 PM »

I was responding to this :

So let me reiterate:

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 07:41:39 PM »
I know what you were responding to, and that's exactly what my reply was to.

It's a breach of religious freedom.

Not allowing you to wear a hat is different from not allowing you to wear something on your head for religious reasons...

LOL @ this fudgepacker

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 07:53:01 PM »
how come a muslim country like turkey banned the head scalf in schools

You have to make the distinction between a Muslim country (where the government is run by people who impose laws based on Islam), and a country where the majority of people are Muslim (and as in the case of Turkey, most are secular... as you're probably aware, just this week there were hundreds of thousands of secular Turkish citizens protesting against what they see as a rise in the Islamic faction within the government). My point is that Turkey is pretty much a secular nation... there is no official religion, nor is there any state sponsored religion. Muslims can't even open up faith-based schools there. If you're asking why they did... I think the points brought up should explain why, and the explicit reason used to justify is the same as with the other nations... they don't want any clothing with religious symbolism in schools or government buildings.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 08:26:20 PM »

Not allowing you to wear a hat is different from not allowing you to wear something on your head for religious reasons...

It's not illegal to wear a head dress in the US.  Some schools don't allow anything on people's heads indoors, some do.  No one in the States will be arrested for wearing a burka, kufi, yamaka, whatever.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 08:47:04 PM »

It's not illegal to wear a head dress in the US.  Some schools don't allow anything on people's heads indoors, some do.  No one in the States will be arrested for wearing a burka, kufi, yamaka, whatever.

I know that. I think you misunderstood my post.... I was explaining how in the U.S. you are allowed to wear a headscarf to school (even though you can't wear hats) because they make such exceptions for people wearing things on their heads for religious reaons... in France they didn't ban headgear... they banned the wearing of any item of clothing in school that would have any sort of religious symbolism... no headscarves, no large crosses, etc.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »

I know that. I think you misunderstood my post.... I was explaining how in the U.S. you are allowed to wear a headscarf to school (even though you can't wear hats) because they make such exceptions for people wearing things on their heads for religious reaons... in France they didn't ban headgear... they banned the wearing of any item of clothing in school that would have any sort of religious symbolism... no headscarves, no large crosses, etc.

I see. I guess I was thinking when you said "The West" you meant the US. 

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2007, 04:08:43 AM »
take it that next step....why don't they want it in government buildings and schools? because it promotes division and segregation. Recently the muslim council of britain wrote a letter school authorities here asking for about 1000 different 'special considerations' for muslim student, some of these things were fucking rediculas i'm glad they haven't been implements because i believe there should only be one set of rules if muslims have different rules applied to them its makes more likely they will be grouped with other muslims and non muslims with stay away.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2007, 05:38:24 AM »
So if I were to say I have to wear a shiny ass FUBU hat for religious reasons since I joined a weird ass sect, it would make it aight? If not, then that is unfair.

That being said I'm all for secularisation. Religion and state should be seperated. Therefore, headscarves shouldn't be worn in public schools or in any other government-related buildings. Same goes for any other blatantly religious symbol, like big crosses and whatnot.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin