Author Topic: LMAO Iran Bans Western Hair Styles  (Read 502 times)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: LMAO Iran Bans Western Hair Styles
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2007, 10:37:01 AM »
take it that next step....why don't they want it in government buildings and schools? because it promotes division and segregation. Recently the muslim council of britain wrote a letter school authorities here asking for about 1000 different 'special considerations' for muslim student, some of these things were fucking rediculas i'm glad they haven't been implements because i believe there should only be one set of rules if muslims have different rules applied to them its makes more likely they will be grouped with other muslims and non muslims with stay away.

I agree with you on that... there shouldn't be a bunch of special considerations made for selective groups... because then you'd have to make them for everyone in order to appease them all... not practical... I agree with you 100%. But I don't see allowing somebody to wear something for religious reasons as having "different rules applied to them"... freedom of religion is for everyone. Seriously, I don't see how a Muslim girl wearing a headscarf or a Jew wearing a kippah would cause a problem. It's not like the school has to make any changes to its program, go out of its way to attend to special needs... it doesn't make anyone's job harder... it's allowed in American schools and seriously, it makes no difference to anyone or anything.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2007, 10:43:32 AM »
So if I were to say I have to wear a shiny ass FUBU hat for religious reasons since I joined a weird ass sect, it would make it aight? If not, then that is unfair.

That being said I'm all for secularisation. Religion and state should be seperated. Therefore, headscarves shouldn't be worn in public schools or in any other government-related buildings. Same goes for any other blatantly religious symbol, like big crosses and whatnot.

Religion and state would still be separate. Nobody is asking the school to teach or promote any religion. An individual wearing something on his or her head for religious reasons doesn't imply that there is no longer a separation of church and state... there's a big difference between an individual wearing a cross around his or neck and the school putting a big ass cross in the middle of campus.

I don't see why it's no problem at all in America, but such a huge one for Europeans. It really makes no fucking difference to anyone else at the school, and every individual should have the right to practice his or her religion freely... that doesn't go against the idea of the church and state being separate.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 10:45:17 AM by J @ M @ L »
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2007, 10:49:36 AM »
Are teachers also allowed to wear headscarves in America?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2007, 11:07:37 AM »

Yeah. No employment discrimination + freedom of religion = no reason why they shouldn't be hired. It still doesn't mean the school is promoting any religion just because they're allowing an individual (teacher) to express hers freely.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2007, 12:38:11 PM »

Yeah. No employment discrimination + freedom of religion = no reason why they shouldn't be hired. It still doesn't mean the school is promoting any religion just because they're allowing an individual (teacher) to express hers freely.

would they hire someone wearing the full face veil?

We recently had attention seeking whore take a school to court because she was told she couldn't teach wearing the veil because she was uncomfortable showing her face to men even though when she was interviewed it was with a man and she didn't cover her face. So she claimed a shed load of money in legal aid and took the school to court at the expense of the the pupils she wants to teach as ultimately it comes out of their budget and ordinary tax payers fut the bill on both sides for her bullshit case. Same shit happenned with the parents of a muslim girl in another school. Personally i think we should follow dutch route and the full face veil should be banned one of the july 21 london bombers escaped to italy dressed as a veiled women and we saw the hamas fighters in palestine running from that mosque dressed as women and therefore allowing people to hide their identity like this should not be allowed as it a security risk and obscures social interaction. We already have laws saying bikers can't wear tinted helmets into shops so they can't hide their identity i see this as being no different.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2007, 12:43:34 PM »
Iran is a fucked up country

kemizt

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2007, 01:03:04 PM »
would they hire someone wearing the full face veil?

I haven't seen it, so I can't say for sure... however, personally I think they shouldn't hire someone if they feel they must cover their face...  not just because of the security threat posed but also because it's fucking retarded to think that you should work in an environment where you engage with other people, and cover your face... especially teaching...and I don't think it's discrimination because it prevents you from effectively doing your job as a teacher...  if you feel like you can't show your face, then stay your ass home and don't work. I agree with your post.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 01:05:14 PM by J @ M @ L »

LOL @ this fudgepacker

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2007, 12:11:24 AM »
So if I were to say I have to wear a shiny ass FUBU hat for religious reasons since I joined a weird ass sect, it would make it aight? If not, then that is unfair.

smh @ this nonsense

for all its wackness

america > europe
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2007, 12:26:46 AM »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2007, 04:07:23 AM »

smh @ this nonsense

for all its wackness

america > europe

You gotta know
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!