Author Topic: Honestly whats wrong with Paid Tha Co$t to be Da Bo$$  (Read 425 times)

d-nice

Re: Honestly whats wrong with Paid Tha Co$t to be Da Bo$$
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 07:39:05 AM »
like said before it felt like more of a compilation album than a solo, a problem with most Snoop albums but more so with this one, and I also think when it came out a lot of people were dissapointed because the album had more of an eastcoast feel to it than Last Meal which was straight west coast, but it did contain some dope material "Beautiful" I thought was Snoop's best R&B type track he's released and "The One and Only" had Snoop spitting some of his best lyrics in a while over a dope Premier track

E White did some nice ghostwriting on The One And Only and a couple other tracks on here.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2007, 07:44:08 AM »
like said before it felt like more of a compilation album than a solo, a problem with most Snoop albums but more so with this one, and I also think when it came out a lot of people were dissapointed because the album had more of an eastcoast feel to it than Last Meal which was straight west coast, but it did contain some dope material "Beautiful" I thought was Snoop's best R&B type track he's released and "The One and Only" had Snoop spitting some of his best lyrics in a while over a dope Premier track

E White did some nice ghostwriting on The One And Only and a couple other tracks on here.

props, didn't know that but Snoop's delivery and flow very on point on that one and alot of other tracks on the album

d-nice

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2007, 07:48:10 AM »

props, didn't know that but Snoop's delivery and flow very on point on that one and alot of other tracks on the album

For me alot of times with Snoop it is not so much what he says as much as it's how he says it. When his flow is on point, he can make any album sound dope. Yeah after E White left he said he wrote that song, I Miss That Bitch and another one, I think I Believe In You. Another track I don't hear alot of people mention on that album is Papered Up. Although it is a remake it is one of Snoop's better ones.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 09:38:29 AM »
I agree that this album was pretty dope....

I think the main reason people knocked it is because this is the point that Snoop was the most caught up in his pimp-dom, and people were just like damm, what's this really about? Thing is, he didn't even rap about pimpin on that many tracks...but there were people who weren't willing to give it a chance because they Snoop was on that tip when this album dropped. He did have a lot more songs about pimpin/women than about bein gangsta, and that's no problem to me, but you know how some people feel about that.

And I also agree with Eurasian...those two bootlegs that dropped were probably doper than the album was. I still play some of the songs from there, like "Reunion" and even "Time goes on" with the Janet sample, which were probably "too soft" to really put on the album, but were dope as hell.

$Eg2$

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 09:45:11 AM »
LOL @ the dude that started this thread you should know here in DPGCC nobody is going to say any Snoop dogg album is wack. So go kill yourself  :laugh:

d-nice

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 09:48:18 AM »
LOL @ the dude that started this thread you should know here in DPGCC nobody is going to say any Snoop dogg album is wack. So go kill yourself  :laugh:

So you did not like the album?

MR_JV

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2007, 09:51:38 AM »
i liked the album man i feel its underated

this is a west coast forum you know of course people are going to like dpg come on

Paul

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2007, 09:57:05 AM »

fucks wrong with u
funkyfreshintheflesh

$Eg2$

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2007, 09:57:40 AM »
^^^ ??? OK

Yes I liked the album. every1 here loves Snoop right  ???
No 1 is gonna call any of his albums wack especially here @ DPGCC ooops I mean Dubcc :laugh:
Stop actin sensitive too aigght

Paul

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2007, 09:59:57 AM »
^^^ ??? OK

No 1 is gonna call any of his albums wack

i meant what the fucks wrong with u? suddenly against everyone on the board

i like snoop but no i dont like every album, this albums kinda wack
funkyfreshintheflesh

$Eg2$

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2007, 10:06:19 AM »
^^^ ??? OK

LOL against everyone on the board I dont get watcha mean bra I liked the album And no one is yet to say they didnt like the album so whats wrong with what I said I spoke the truth didnt I ??? well except you  :'(

Paul

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2007, 11:15:29 AM »
^^^ ??? OK

LOL against everyone on the board I dont get watcha mean bra I liked the album And no one is yet to say they didnt like the album so whats wrong with what I said I spoke the truth didnt I ??? well except you  :'(

lol, its cool, i actually dont really know what i mean, jus seemed like summit was up yo ass bout some people on here with dpg
funkyfreshintheflesh

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2007, 11:22:12 AM »
People do not fuck my Thread!!!! and about the album . as a whole i dont really feel it, because there aint no vibe u still feel like its a bunch of songs put together, wich is the problem with all his albums after Last Meal, and its funny that the realest and dopest song he did for that album was probably too soft and too personal to put on a record (the song with the janet sample)