Author Topic: 36 Dre-Related Facts People May Not Know About, [just finished reading his book]  (Read 1846 times)

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
props! Some dope facts there!

Blu Lacez

you Know..What..am Gon stay Right Here..so i won't have to run bakc and forth to my PC, tryina to get this info

~Lucien~

29. DJ Pooh use to give Dre rides to studio sessions back in the day cuz dre didnt have his own car.

;D

TRG

cheers for all the updates, very interesting stuff

F-cisco

Based on all this, I'm going to check out book soon.

EFFeX

Interscope wasn't feelin' "Hot Damn" by Hittman? That's the dumbest thing I ever heard... Man, every person I know that ever heard that song from back in the day consider it a classic. I know people who hate Hip Hop in general and love that track... they messed up big time there.

NotoriousTDA

fuck, i wanna hear the rakim cd.

overseadog

• Lil Geezy
props man didn't know about all of this !!
Is that all or there's more things maybe with 2Pac or Nate Dogg....??

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
props for all these, will sure check out the book when i get a chance...

The Predator

31. After awhile Dre didnt think "Chin Check" was that hot (althought MC Ren remembers the session for that song to be pretty fun and reminisant of the old NWA sessions) on the other hand MC Ren also says that the session for "Hello" wasnt as fun compared to the chin check one.

Chin Check was hot and if Dre didnt think so he should of remixed it instead like the old days.

dclee

i never knew that CPO was gonna be on aftermath. too bad that never worked out. i wish i heard more from him back in the day. i like his songs on MWTC and ATR soundtracks.

GangstaBoogy

Bein the big fan of dre that i am i couldnt put this book down since i bought it 2 days ago and noticed some stuff i didnt know about before...figured i'd sum them up for you guys...

1. Dre asked Method Man to appear on "Eastcoast/Westcoast Killaz" but couldnt make it for some reason.

2. Xzibit originally wanted to name his 3rd album "Man vs Machine" but dre having seen the word "Restless" tattoed on x's arm decided that would be a better name for it.

3. Eminems "Im Back" and "Who Knew" (both produced by Dre & Mel-Man) were both considered 1st single choices at one point.

4. "Blaaww" almost made "2001" but when dre was choosing which songs would make cut, decided to replace it with "Whats the Difference", Hittman not happy bout this choice decided to ask his verse be taken off of the final version, so dre gets X to appear on it instead.

5. Dre asked Hittman to do a song for "The Wash" soundtrack but hittman "declined".

6. Hittman considered "Hott Damn" to be a single for his aftermath debut (interscope didnt feel hitt had any songs that coulda been "huge" 1st singles).

7. Dre sent Xzibit a CD with 38 beats on it for X's "Man vs Machine" album.

8. Dre actually produced 12 songs for 50's debut (Get Rich or Die Tryin) but only 4 made the cut.

9. Brooklyns first single for her aftermath debut "Name & Address" was to be a cut called "I Still Stay" and was produced by DJ Scratch (that choice for 1st single was Dre's idea)

10. Shaunta had 30 songs recorded for her debut but Dre never got around to coming to finish it (so she left).

11. Rakim flew DJ Premier to LA to hand deliver beats for his "Oh My God" album [aftermath rejects all his beats with ever gettin a chance to hear vocals over em].

12. 16 tracks are said to have been completed for Rakims aftermath debut "Oh My God".

13. Artists on aftermath and connected to aftermath dish out 75 thousand bucks for a dre beat while outsiders have to pay 250 thousand for one.

14. When Dre asked Kanye to produced a cut for Games "Documentary", Kanye says he begged Dre to mix his 2nd album (Late Registration).

15. During a photo shoot (i think) dre invited Dogg Pound into a van to hear some of his latest beats, says Dre woulda gladly handed them over for Dogg Food but dogg pound didnt want em.

16. Joe Beast was the first to bring a now famous (and still unheard) J.R. Rotem instrumental to Dres attention (dre would later record vocals over it for Detox, then later let Game & Busta rap over it), weather or not the beat was originally for Joe Beasts aftermath debut is unknown.

17. CPO was gonna be one of the first acts signed to Aftermath, dre and cpo go way back as it seems but once dre decided r n b was gonna be his main thing for his new label (97 im guessin is when this happened) CPO never gets a call back from Dre (since dre at this time was through with gangster rap)

18. "Got My Mind Made Up" was indeed meant to be on Dogg Food but when Daz sent it to Dres crib, dre never got around to "mixing" it, this is why the track never made its way onto Dogg Food (damn imagine how much better that track probally woulda sounded had dre mixed it instead of Quik, not to take anything away from quik tho...he did a good job).

19. Ice Cube originally wanted "Fuck The Police" to be a solo cut but the rest decided it shouldnt.

20. King Tee was given the choice to put his "Thy Kingdome Come" album aside and record new shit that could reach interscopes needs but decided to bounce and take "Thy Kingdome Come" with him, Dre helped him do this (im guessing if dre hadnt approved this, we wouldnt of heard "Thy Kingdome Come" at all, shyt probally woulda ended bein put in the vault).

21. Aside from "Straight Outta Compton", Express yourself", "Boyz in the Hood" & "Fuck The Police", MC Ren considered the rest of the album "filler" tracks.

22. Dre and Cube had lunch one time and talked about collaborating on some tracks for Cubes "Death Certificate" but once word got to dre that "No Vaseline" existed. he changed his mind.

23. MC Ren hasnt talked to Dre since 2000.

24. Litterly right after NWA shot the album cover for "Straight Outta Compton" Arabian Prince left the group.

25. MC Ren & Snoop were for sure gonna be guests on "Helter Skelter" (had it been made).

26. Dre played a writer a track from Rakims "Oh My God" album called "Cruel World" and it featured Ras Kass & Xzibit, the track has a sped up voice sample and 3 layerers of filtered drums, Premier mentions that he loaned Dre an old live record for that track.

27. While listening to a Premo beat for Rakims album...premo asked Dre n Mel-man what they thought of one track in particular and mel-man tells him there (he and dre) feeling some parts..sayin there pretty funky but that they want Scott Storch to re-do the bassline and some keys i think, to which mel-man asks if thats ok and premo tells them that its cool.

28. Nobody could do anything on one particular Dre beat until 50 Cent came around and wrote something to it, that track ended up being "Heat" on Get Rich or Die Tryin.

29. DJ Pooh use to give Dre rides to studio sessions back in the day cuz dre didnt have his own car.

30. NWA was almost bout to get back together for a reunion (Eazy included) till the Murder was the Case soundtrack came out, Eazy having heard the song "What Would U Do?" by dogg pound where there dissing eazy decided fuck it and restarted the beef...he would retaliate by recording his own song with the same name.

31. After awhile Dre didnt think "Chin Check" was that hot (althought MC Ren remembers the session for that song to be pretty fun and reminisant of the old NWA sessions) on the other hand MC Ren also says that the session for "Hello" wasnt as fun compared to the chin check one.

32. Sam Sneed invited everyone at deathrow to come to his video shoot but no one showed up, book also hints around that sneed didnt really feel like part of the family.

33. In the early deathrow days everyone would party at dres house where people use to move Dres furniture around to make a makeshift ring for when a fight was about to happen, one of these were made when Warren G was getting into it with one of Dres bodyguards lil brother, says Suge came and put a stop to this one particular scene.

Wow some very interesting info here. I think we all can see why things didn't work out so well for Hittman.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Okka

Dope shit, i allready knew about some of them.

AfterMathematics

• 'G'
  • West Coast Represent for all y'all
Interscope wasn't feelin' "Hot Damn" by Hittman? That's the dumbest thing I ever heard... Man, every person I know that ever heard that song from back in the day consider it a classic. I know people who hate Hip Hop in general and love that track... they messed up big time there.

Co-sign on that one - Hott Damn was some dope shit. I just wish we had a version that was mixed better. Props for the info - I didn't know about most of them. 

21. Aside from "Straight Outta Compton", Express yourself", "Boyz in the Hood" & "Fuck The Police", MC Ren considered the rest of the album "filler" tracks.

i always thought that! efil4zaggin=straight fire though
22. Dre and Cube had lunch one time and talked about collaborating on some tracks for Cubes "Death Certificate" but once word got to dre that "No Vaseline" existed. he changed his mind.
why did he eat lunch with him then diss him? oh what could have been :'(