Author Topic: Just watched the Republican Candidate Debate on TV...  (Read 137 times)

jeromechickenbone

Just watched the Republican Candidate Debate on TV...
« on: May 03, 2007, 06:46:21 PM »
Anybody else watch?  Almost every one of those cats is worthless.  However, I will say that I'm officially voting for Ron Paul.  It's a goddamn shame that due to the political structure in the US he has to share a platform with those neo cons.  He's mostly shunned by the Republican Party as he's actually classified as a Libertarian. 

I've honestly not given much of a fuck in prior elections because mainstream media only supports those candidates with the multimillion dollar backings.  My only real exposure to him is through the internet, and this is the first time I've seen him on tv. 

And of course, all MSNBC talks about after the debate is Guiliani, Romney, and McCain who all suck.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear anybody elses thoughts.

jeromechickenbone

Re: Just watched the Republican Candidate Debate on TV...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 10:28:30 PM »
You can rate the candidates and also see how everyone shaped up statistically after their performance tonight here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18421356/?GT1=9951

And I know it's not a flawless reliable figure, but check Ron's numbers pre-debate vs. post-debate:

Pre-Debate Post-Debate
Negative - 47% Negative - 27%
Neutral - 44% Neutral - 30%
Positive - 3% Positive - 43%

He had the biggest swing of any candidate, and at the time of this post had the lowest negative rating and highest positive rating.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 05:04:22 AM »
Props Jrome for seeing the candidates for who they really are, instead of being lured into a left right paradigm and deciding according to that. Although I would have put it a bit stronger than that, the rest of the candidates are scum bags, consisting of people like mr hero Guliani the man who gives that much of a shit about new yorkers that he ignores the suffering of the 9/11 first responders, most of whom are now dying from all of the asbestos, glass, mercury and other substances they inhaled in that cloud of smoke unprotected.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 02:34:11 PM by virtuoso »

Narrator

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 12:37:55 PM »
"Yes, massa!"

Haha, Jrome, I am very disappointed in you for supporting the Official Cracker Party.  Your pops ain't gonna be too happy, either.  What kinda brother are you?  Do you want your death to be extra, EXTRA painful on Judgment Day?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 04:22:34 PM »
"Yes, massa!"

Haha, Jrome, I am very disappointed in you for supporting the Official Cracker Party.  Your pops ain't gonna be too happy, either.  What kinda brother are you?  Do you want your death to be extra, EXTRA painful on Judgment Day?

Paul is a Libertarian.  Notwithstanding, I don't support any party just to support the party.  I despise Neo Cons probably more than any other political affiliation in the States which was why it was incredibly difficult for me to watch that so called "debate".  Luckily I had the Rockets / Jazz game to flip to when ever nearly every other candidate started spouting off their bullshit.

Paul is hardlined and is the most consistent candidate on all issues over the years, and that is becuase his litmus test to every vote is "Is this constitutional?" rather than "How will my vote be perceived by the lobbyists / constituants."  He's not a pussy and I guarantee you every fucking candidate up there would piss their pants if they had to go one on one in a debate with him.

You think Obama is they way just cuz he's brown?  If you're only path to legitimacy is determined through melatonin, then you stay losing.  But keep blaming your problems on the next man.  I'm gonna continue ballin exponentially.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 09:10:08 AM »
The media is obviously trying to keep the people away from Pauls message. The MSNBC polls dont lie. Paul is what America needs.