Author Topic: Usher has lost his got damn fuckin' mind.  (Read 1223 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Usher has lost his got damn fuckin' mind.
« on: May 07, 2007, 01:53:42 PM »
R+b superstar Usher has warned those following in his footsteps to stop ripping off his  style of music without acknowledging his influence.

Usher's last album Confessions has proved hugely influential since its 2004 release, and the 28-year-old is all too aware people are copying his style.

He tells MTV News: 'You got your artists who find their way through the circuit and are following and are not giving the respect where the respect is due. If you know (you're) following and biting, then, hey, give the respect. But if you're not, and you're creating your own thing, then you're good. You should just continue to find your own way. Listen, this is not a game out here, man. You can't come around here and think that you're really starting the game. Understand, when I came up in the game and I found a trail, I was cool.'

And he continues......

'Bobby Brown went this way, Michael Jackson went this way, Marvin Gaye, he created his little profile and he held to it. I didn't step on those toes. What I did was find a way and my thing and created my thing. Now you have my thing being built. So I look up, and I'm like, 'ok, I see you all. I see you all in the videos. I see you moving, I get it, but pay the respect, man.'

Source: http://www.teenmusic.com/d/148224/1020/usher-warns-followers-to-acknowledge-his-influence.html

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Usher has lost his got damn fuckin' mind.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 01:54:44 PM »
Here's a lil advice for Usher, SHUT THE FUCK UP. He BITED Mike's whole style! Him and Justin.
Now we have Chris Brown and Neyo on the come up who Usher is referring to BUT they are NOT bitting your style jackass. This nigga is trippin' like crazy! Damnnn. Who the fuck is he tryin' to play? :eh:

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 01:56:24 PM »
^ Besides himself? ::)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »
Now we have Chris Brown and Neyo on the come up who Usher is referring to BUT they are NOT bitting your style jackass.
Yes they are.

Elevz

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 02:02:55 PM »
To be fair, I do see what he means. It's pathetic for him to rant like that, but it's true that all these newer R&B cats are more or less copying his whole style. What Usher seems to forget is that that's just the way music is these days. It's next to impossible to create something new and be successful with it now.

I'm not a fan nor an expert so I'm not too certain on this, but it doesn't seem to me like Usher simply copied Michael Jackson's style. Nor did Justin Timberlake, who actually does give proper respect to Michael. Yes, they were obviously influenced (especially Justin), but they never copied him. Usher really did create his own thing, and now you've got a whole gang of young R&B cats doing just what he did some years ago. He does have a point, but why does he care so damn much?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 02:21:33 PM »
Now we have Chris Brown and Neyo on the come up who Usher is referring to BUT they are NOT bitting your style jackass.
Yes they are.

Chris Brown is an exact copy of Michael, which is why I can't stand watching homie's videos. You saw his last one? Got damn. In some Neyo video I just saw, it's prolly new, I saw homebody doin' the SAME thang Mike do. Same moves. They bite Michael before Usher.

But I do see where Usher is coming from, STILL, of all people? Come on. :grumpy:

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 02:24:36 PM »
Yes they are.

Chris Brown is an exact copy of Michael, which is why I can't stand watching homie's videos. You saw his last one? Got damn. In some Neyo video I just saw, it's prolly new, I saw homebody doin' the SAME thang Mike do. Same moves. They bite Michael before Usher.

But I do see where Usher is coming from, STILL, of all people? Come on. :grumpy:
They're indirectly biting Micheal, but they are trying to imiate Usher.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 02:25:32 PM »
Yes they are.

Michael first.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 02:32:35 PM »
Yes they are.

Michael first.

+1, they are all biting Michael Jackson. Usher acknowledged MJ's influence on him, so that's cool...but him tryna say HE'S the originator? BS.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 02:41:15 PM »
yo homie i like you but you got this situation mixed up imo.....

usher is not a complete copy of michael jackson or did not completely bite his style.....

second I would agree that usher is hugely influenced by michael jacskon but he has done more than added a lil bit of his own style on his music.....difference between usher and timberlake is that usher has talent....an amazing vioce and can truthfully dance and is not reliant on producers, a a real asoul artist.....and many times in the past usher has given michael jackson huge props for being someone he always looked up, wanted to try and to do what michael did in entertaining people and so on.....BUT usher can sing, dance and has talent.....

Justin in a clown....he is starting to find his own feet a lil mo now BUT he seriously bit nuff cats style when he first came out, does not have a vioce like usher let alone MJ and that is one of the bases for rnb/soul.....timberlake tries to come across like he down, he a baller but people apart from the chicks new this kid was nuttin but a fake, a nsync ex....the media loved him cuz he was white and had some swagger in his music....but the biggest factors of his solo success was neptunes,timbaland and his copying of shit thats been done already.

Usher came through with talent and still has talent....yeah he got a big head but timberlake has too....and please believe usher gave MJ he respect nuff times....aint never gonna be another wacko jacko and usher knows that and while you can see he has been major influenced by him, he never tried steppin in his place. Usher simply showed he actually has real talent.....im pretty sure confessions sold over 10 million units and for a nigga to do that today is AMAZING....and i aint saying sales determine how good someone is but he really came through in a lot of different senses dawg...

I don't know if Usher got the hunger and drive to keep moving forward and innovating music wise but he has always come through on the music tip and talent wise even when his shit has been weaker than previous efforts....

its like this

MJ= 1 of a kind

Usher = hella talented...great vioce, true rnb cat....

timberlake = improved with time, still aint shit but a producers experimental kit, nowhere near the talents of the previous mentioned....what else? they both better dancers....easily have better vioces...more distinct....real ranb cats unlike justin who tries to keep his respect like coming through like an rnb cat but alot of his shit is generic pop....OR bitten shit....BUT sometimes his music comes through

speaking of chris brown...i heard he a crazy dancer but i aint really checked nowhere enough of him to say how good he really is

pz

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 02:43:14 PM »
Ne-Yo is much better then Usher anyways
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 02:46:29 PM »
^^thats a hella big statement to make, ne-yo got alot to do yet

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 02:47:49 PM »
I'm not knockin' Usher's talent nor Neyo's. Neyo is one of the most talented cats in this time right now, he is a great writer, no doubt. Usher deserves his propz too but I just think he's talkin' crazy right here, real crazy.

And when he ain't 'imitating', Chris Brown can dance. And his songs is off the chain, IMHO.

Justin Timberlake, LMFAO, I really can't stomach dude, can't stomach him at all.

But they all took Michael's influence really real high.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 02:50:39 PM »
^^^true true, but damn, you gotta look up to the best right?haha

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 02:56:02 PM »
^ Of course. I just really want more originality in the game. Maybe alot of people like this type of shit, the girls and pop culture, but I like artists who come out in the industry with their complete own persona. I don't know though. I really don't.