Author Topic: Usher has lost his got damn fuckin' mind.  (Read 1225 times)

Lunatic

Re: Usher has lost his got damn fuckin' mind.
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 02:56:33 PM »
^^thats a hella big statement to make, ne-yo got alot to do yet

I understand where your coming from, it's only my opinion. Ne-Yo is a talented singer, plus he writes his own shit, plus does a grip of ghostwriting for other cats. Ne-yo's "when you're mad" and "because of you" are better IMO then anything usher has ever done.

And to the dude who said Usher don't rely on producers etc., arguably his biggest single "yeah" was produced by the "timbaland of that time" in lil jon, and had a nice appearance from a diamond selling rapper in Luda.

Not hating, nor do i dis-like usher, just sharing my thoughts and pointing shit out
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 03:02:54 PM »
Ne-Yo is not better than Usher.

Not yet anyway.
NO MORE WAR

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 03:17:32 PM »

I understand where your coming from, it's only my opinion. Ne-Yo is a talented singer, plus he writes his own shit, plus does a grip of ghostwriting for other cats. Ne-yo's "when you're mad" and "because of you" are better IMO then anything usher has ever done.

And to the dude who said Usher don't rely on producers etc., arguably his biggest single "yeah" was produced by the "timbaland of that time" in lil jon, and had a nice appearance from a diamond selling rapper in Luda.

Not hating, nor do i dis-like usher, just sharing my thoughts and pointing shit out

About the usher/lil jon joint....that joint still had "usher" on it....and yes he had the "it" man of the time right then along with neptunes....but people expected usher to come hard after timberlakes big hit with neptunes "like i love you" or someshit like that, cannot remember the exact title...but you know, timberlakes first single.....and yes it was a huge single and yes it had a 'it' producer of its time on it but what i mean by usher does not rely on producers goes past one joint, its about his overall talent, his overall CV, his made huge hits with beats and cats who are respected but made hits because of what he done....he has great talent rather than just "imma get the best producer to do my whole album, this way i cannot fail" vibe......

he at a stage now in his career where he can get the best producers to do his whole record and people will not hate because of how he came through and the place he got himself at today. but then he can never get lazy because someone will always want to be the next usher and so on....

But i respect your opinion and i actually see what you saying, its just to me right now.....usher > ne-yo....Maybe in the future we will see but to me the overall product...usher, IMO

peace homie

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 03:21:07 PM »
^ Of course. I just really want more originality in the game. Maybe alot of people like this type of shit, the girls and pop culture, but I like artists who come out in the industry with their complete own persona. I don't know though. I really don't.

yeah i got no problems with that, its just originality is not always better.....but then the same can be said about the other shit, i see what y'all saying this thread!

pz

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 03:27:02 PM »

About the usher/lil jon joint....that joint still had "usher" on it....and yes he had the "it" man of the time right then along with neptunes....but people expected usher to come hard after timberlakes big hit with neptunes "like i love you" or someshit like that, cannot remember the exact title...but you know, timberlakes first single.....and yes it was a huge single and yes it had a 'it' producer of its time on it but what i mean by usher does not rely on producers goes past one joint, its about his overall talent, his overall CV, his made huge hits with beats and cats who are respected but made hits because of what he done....he has great talent rather than just "imma get the best producer to do my whole album, this way i cannot fail" vibe......

he at a stage now in his career where he can get the best producers to do his whole record and people will not hate because of how he came through and the place he got himself at today. but then he can never get lazy because someone will always want to be the next usher and so on....

But i respect your opinion and i actually see what you saying, its just to me right now.....usher > ne-yo....Maybe in the future we will see but to me the overall product...usher, IMO

peace homie

yea it did still have "usher" on it (yeah) but i was just pointing out that both that and timberlake's 1st single was done by the "it-producer" of the time.

I totally understand why you would say usher > ne-yo, but i'm just saying there's just something i really like about ne-yo. He is extremely talented. Because Of you > any usher song IMO

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 03:41:02 PM »
Usher Been Around since 94 anyway.... and although Ne-Yo did alot of ghost writing and had a hit with "Because of You"and "soc sick"  I still think he has alot to do to be on the same level as Usher, some of y'all Know Usher for his hit with Lil Jon (Yeah) but dude been around before that and if u watch his old video's u can see the Michael Jackson influence but he tried to put his own twist to it! as for justin, i dont find his moves all that anyway...and Chris brown is basically busting MIkes moves

everlast1986

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 03:55:42 PM »
98% of music or should i say everything thats meant to be played on radio comes from "biting". It has been like that since fucking Elvis was around. Anyone could say that someones biting their style now and get something out of it.

Blu Lacez

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 05:39:54 PM »
^^
Justin Timberlake..not talented???
Why do you guys say this???

Justin Timberlake is talented..i know he plays the keyboard as well plays th drums..
He as far as i'm aware is producing and doing the back up vocals to Macy Gray's next single for her up coming album

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2007, 06:40:55 PM »
yo homie i like you but you got this situation mixed up imo.....

usher is not a complete copy of michael jackson or did not completely bite his style.....

second I would agree that usher is hugely influenced by michael jacskon but he has done more than added a lil bit of his own style on his music.....difference between usher and timberlake is that usher has talent....an amazing vioce and can truthfully dance and is not reliant on producers, a a real asoul artist.....and many times in the past usher has given michael jackson huge props for being someone he always looked up, wanted to try and to do what michael did in entertaining people and so on.....BUT usher can sing, dance and has talent.....

Justin in a clown....he is starting to find his own feet a lil mo now BUT he seriously bit nuff cats style when he first came out, does not have a vioce like usher let alone MJ and that is one of the bases for rnb/soul.....timberlake tries to come across like he down, he a baller but people apart from the chicks new this kid was nuttin but a fake, a nsync ex....the media loved him cuz he was white and had some swagger in his music....but the biggest factors of his solo success was neptunes,timbaland and his copying of shit thats been done already.

Usher came through with talent and still has talent....yeah he got a big head but timberlake has too....and please believe usher gave MJ he respect nuff times....aint never gonna be another wacko jacko and usher knows that and while you can see he has been major influenced by him, he never tried steppin in his place. Usher simply showed he actually has real talent.....im pretty sure confessions sold over 10 million units and for a nigga to do that today is AMAZING....and i aint saying sales determine how good someone is but he really came through in a lot of different senses dawg...

I don't know if Usher got the hunger and drive to keep moving forward and innovating music wise but he has always come through on the music tip and talent wise even when his shit has been weaker than previous efforts....

its like this

MJ= 1 of a kind

Usher = hella talented...great vioce, true rnb cat....

timberlake = improved with time, still aint shit but a producers experimental kit, nowhere near the talents of the previous mentioned....what else? they both better dancers....easily have better vioces...more distinct....real ranb cats unlike justin who tries to keep his respect like coming through like an rnb cat but alot of his shit is generic pop....OR bitten shit....BUT sometimes his music comes through

speaking of chris brown...i heard he a crazy dancer but i aint really checked nowhere enough of him to say how good he really is

pz

preach!

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2007, 07:24:20 PM »
speaking of chris brown...i heard he a crazy dancer but i aint really checked nowhere enough of him to say how good he really is

pz

i gotta admit, lil' dude can fuckin dance his ass off

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007, 12:02:54 AM »
So basically Usher is mad because everyone is biting Michael Jackson the way he does it without giving him proper credit for being the original michael biter?

-KIDRENEGADE-

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 11:35:18 AM »
So basically Usher is mad because everyone is biting Michael Jackson the way he does it without giving him proper credit for being the original michael biter?

If I understand what you said right, yup. :-\

dredayeverydayy

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »
If he thinks he's that great he should be quiet and let his popularity do the talking

The Predator

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 01:19:57 PM »
Marvin Gaye, he created his little profile

Marvin Gaye = Legend

Usher = pop star

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2007, 01:28:05 PM »
but he's talkin bout NeYo in the interview
I only fuck with 10's