Author Topic: old mase  (Read 295 times)

wardy

old mase
« on: May 07, 2007, 05:50:48 PM »
recently ive got back in to the old bad boy roster like shyne , black rob and mase
and ive got too say ive slept on harlem world and double up for too long as i bought them years ago n then sort of forgot about them
but there both dope albums.

i think mase should go back to this style n use his old ghostwriters as his flow was a nice laidback flow and allthough welcome back was a good album it was nowhere near his first 2 albums

NotoriousTDA

Re: old mase
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 06:04:31 PM »
did he put out an album before harlem world, back when he was murda mase? Cuz he could rip a track back in his chldren of the corn days.

dglock

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 09:53:49 PM »
oh yeah dude, children of the corn was sick shit man, hard to believe that was actually ma$e lol

StevenQBosell

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 05:07:27 PM »
Yeah, Double Up wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, a nice party LP.

Does anybody have any Children Of The Corn stuff?

PiLL CliNtOn

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 05:50:17 AM »
mase didnt use ghostwriters

btw harlem world is a classic. double up is ok

CURRENTLY BUMPIN

wardy

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 06:27:23 AM »
mase didnt use ghostwriters

btw harlem world is a classic. double up is ok

check the credits in his album booklet on all his albums , some dont even have m bertha in them and others have like 4 or 5 people on them when there are no samples or features plus i know for sure that shyne helped him on double up

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 06:59:48 AM »
didnt jay z also suggest when he was having his beef with mase that he ghostwrote for him.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 08:54:23 AM »
I only listened to Double Up like twice.  It just didn't grab me.  Harlem World had a couple skippers, and I thought some of the samples were corny (that whole bad boy 80's recycling thing was REALLY getting played out).  But there were some great tracks on there.  My favorite was that one joint that featured DMX on the hook.  That beat was so sick. 24 Hours To Live was sick, Lookin At Me (my intro to The Neptunes) - we'd always bump that shit at parties, Player Way w/ 8ball & MJG, What You Want w/ Total was a dope ass song (you know, back when rappers could make a song about dealin w/ broads but they still brought dope beats / raps?).

But yeah I think i'll have to bump this shit again as it's been a long ass time.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 12:35:41 PM »
I still gots a magazine ad from Mase's Double Up Album. :D

Lol. I used to listen to Mase alot. I got the COC Collector's Edition Album. His shit with Bad Boy, that 'Feel So Good' used to be one of my favorite joints ever. ;D I got the Total / Mase single CD too. Than when he came back a lil while ago, I picked up that album. I really don't like him like I used too. He's just one of those rapper's you like when you was real young and you feel like you gotta still pick up all his shit, just becuz.

So I don't really really follow him but I just feel a need to pick up his shit. I won a framed poster of him at a Fair once and it's still hangin' on my wall. 8)

Nah, but he's got his own style, and that's why it's easy to like him.

I had alot of stuff and freestyles he done did wit Children Of The Corn but when my music got erased during the summer, it alll got deleted. I don't remember what it all excalty was, but it was lot of shit. :-\

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 12:47:27 PM »
'Mo' Money, Mo' Problems' brings back alotttt of memories too. I love that track, still!!

herpes

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 01:09:50 PM »
i got a lot of the children of the corn stuff, i'll try and up it 2morrow

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 02:14:31 PM »
I looke up a COC song on youtube and Mase fuckin' killed it there.I was surprised.I never really had anything against him though, having only heard him on Puff's and BIG's singles.I should check COC stuff and some of his solo work
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

StevenQBosell

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 12:39:30 PM »
I still gots a magazine ad from Mase's Double Up Album. :D

Lol. I used to listen to Mase alot. I got the COC Collector's Edition Album. His shit with Bad Boy, that 'Feel So Good' used to be one of my favorite joints ever. ;D I got the Total / Mase single CD too. Than when he came back a lil while ago, I picked up that album. I really don't like him like I used too. He's just one of those rapper's you like when you was real young and you feel like you gotta still pick up all his shit, just becuz.

So I don't really really follow him but I just feel a need to pick up his shit. I won a framed poster of him at a Fair once and it's still hangin' on my wall. 8)

Nah, but he's got his own style, and that's why it's easy to like him.

I had alot of stuff and freestyles he done did wit Children Of The Corn but when my music got erased during the summer, it alll got deleted. I don't remember what it all excalty was, but it was lot of shit. :-\

I live in L.A. Back when Feels so Good came out, evrry party I wnet to was playin that one. That song was HUGE, even if it was a straight up sample and they had those damn shiny suits...  ::)

97 Was Bad Boys year... Life AFter Death, No Way Out and Harlem world are still in my rotation to this day (minus Harlem World)

And somebody please up some CHildren of the Corn, I would love to hear some of that stuff.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 12:48:19 PM »
^ LOL.

For the COC shit, Tom's prolly got the good stuff but I got a Collector's Edition, if you want that? I don't know.

WestCoasta

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 04:01:58 PM »
the only mase song I like is the one with Biggy and 112