Author Topic: ***Kurupt - Against the Grain E.P.***  (Read 2501 times)

Al Bundy

Re: ***Kurupt - Against the Grain E.P.***
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 01:12:16 PM »
well i'm glad I got it. it's coo  8)

EFFeX

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 01:16:27 PM »
If anyone is wondering... there is another person on "Holocaust 3000" that is normally not credited, his name is "Young Ron"...

d-nice

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 01:20:44 PM »
I don't see what the big deal is. I see it as far as this forum is concerned but it is a project that Kurupt does not support so it's not like if you bought it the money is going to the artists anyway. It is going in the pockets of whoever is pimpin out the product. So you make a decision to leave it alone, buy it from a 3rd party that will benefit from it or just wait until it leaks and burn it. It is all over some other forums as well so what can you do. But on this forum the rules are simple and plan and you really can't argue that and Kurupt himself said he did not want it on here. To some artists the forum is almost looked upon as the opinion of the website so for some people they think because it is on the forum, it must be accepted by the site. We know better but others don't.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 01:27:25 PM by D~Nice »

crip-hop

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 01:23:25 PM »
no vaseline pt2 - banga

EFFeX

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 01:28:38 PM »
I sense sarcasm. I'm simply trying to point out that it's not going to help. Sure it will leak eventually, everything does. But why leak it on the day you got it in the mail? Wait awhile at least or something.

FTP just eatin' off Kurupt's throw away music and other music that they had nothing to do with creating... if people are cheating them who cares, they cheating artists.

EFFeX

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 02:46:18 PM »
I sense sarcasm. I'm simply trying to point out that it's not going to help. Sure it will leak eventually, everything does. But why leak it on the day you got it in the mail? Wait awhile at least or something.

FTP just eatin' off Kurupt's throw away music and other music that they had nothing to do with creating... if people are cheating them who cares, they cheating artists.

Originally I was just going to leak this places to go against FTP, but when it comes down to it... Kurupt doesn't even want this heard, so I'm not promoting it anymore.

Tha Chemist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Regulator
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 02:48:14 PM »
no vaseline pt2 - banga

i wanna hear it, some1 link this track lol
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 02:50:33 PM by Tha Chemist »
WEST UP

MarshColin

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2007, 03:35:05 PM »

They're not cheating the artists. If they were then the artists would be suing which I don't see a god damn one of them doing. That is because they legally can't. A lot of the FTP releases are actually being put out with the help of the artist and the artist getting all profits. All the artist has to do is pay for the pressing and the website design. It's not like these albums were EVER going to see the light of day until FTP got involved.

acgrundy

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 04:25:29 PM »

They're not cheating the artists. If they were then the artists would be suing which I don't see a god damn one of them doing. That is because they legally can't. A lot of the FTP releases are actually being put out with the help of the artist and the artist getting all profits. All the artist has to do is pay for the pressing and the website design. It's not like these albums were EVER going to see the light of day until FTP got involved.

LOL, give me a break man, quit fuckin crying about shit getting leaked and downloaded, thats the music biz man, deal with it, because there is no stopping it.  Don't want it downloaded so much?  Don't charge so much for it.  If these albums were NEVER going to see the light of day anyways, then whats the problem with people downloading it?  The way I see it, thats just bonus money for the ones that do get sold.  If the albums were NEVER going to get released in the first place, then that means the albums were NEVER going to make any money, which means they lose absolutely nothing when they get downloaded.  Correct me if I'm wrong on that point.  You might say you have the cd pressing costs...fuck it, don't press any, just put up links for download.  Website design costs?  Shit, who gives a damn about the website, make it simple text w/ a download link, I"m sure that would please everyone.

Quit trying to act like this website is doing this huge favor for the fans.  Like I said, if they were doing a huge favor for the fans, they would put it all up for download for FREE, since it was NEVER going to see the light of day anyways.  The people involved are in it for money.  They got it, its of absolutely no good to them just sitting there never released, and they know eventually someone else will try to make some money off it, so they are just getting to that first.  And thats fine, there is nothing wrong with that.  Whats wrong is acting like its all for the fans and they are doing a huge favor for the fans, because that is bullshit.  This shit wouldn't cost 3x the price of a normal album if it was all for the fans.

If these artists want to sell albums, then they need to make a good product.  I've downloaded everything kurupts been involved in in the past 4 years and haven't bought any of it.  Its not like I"m ripping him off.  The music is GARBAGE.  If I would have bought it, I would have been the one who got ripped off.  I listen to his shit 2-3 times max.  Sometimes I can't even make it all the way through the album one time.  What are they charging for this album?  something like $30.  Fuck that, ain't no way thats worth it.

These rappers and companies involved do bad business, thats the bottom line.  You get what you pay for and vice versa.  Smart people don't want to spend their hard earned money on worthless garbage.  Kurupt has been half assing his way through the music seen for over the past 5 years.  He, as a rapper has a trade just like a plumber, mechanic, contractor, lawyer, dentist, etc.  Are you going to be satisfied spending $120 an hour on a plumber that half ass fixes your plumbing problem?  I sure as hell am not.  So why would I be satisfied paying triple the price of some half ass put product.

stephen619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Pound, We Roll Thick Like One-Time
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007, 05:20:13 PM »
E.P. Is SICK!!!

We Fly High

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007, 05:20:41 PM »
Amen to AC.

EFFeX

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 05:33:27 PM »
Ac basically summed up all my initial feelings on these releases... except for the Kurupt references, LOL... I actually do support all the homies work. I just don't see the point in buying something an EP of throw away tracks for $14 when most CDs can be purchased for less at the right stores these days. Not only that, but even the artist isn't supporting this project... why should I?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 05:35:58 PM by EFFeX »

thisoneguy360

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2007, 07:59:58 PM »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 08:24:42 PM »
I cant lie this shit is good.

TRG