Author Topic: ***Kurupt - Against the Grain E.P.***  (Read 2553 times)

cantcnOrBMe

Re: ***Kurupt - Against the Grain E.P.***
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2007, 08:53:41 PM »
bought mine....and id say its worth the money.

MarshColin

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2007, 09:18:22 PM »
I sense sarcasm. I'm simply trying to point out that it's not going to help. Sure it will leak eventually, everything does. But why leak it on the day you got it in the mail? Wait awhile at least or something.

FTP just eatin' off Kurupt's throw away music and other music that they had nothing to do with creating... if people are cheating them who cares, they cheating artists.

They're not cheating the artists. If they were then the artists would be suing which I don't see a god damn one of them doing. That is because they legally can't. A lot of the FTP releases are actually being put out with the help of the artist and the artist getting all profits. All the artist has to do is pay for the pressing and the website design. It's not like these albums were EVER going to see the light of day until FTP got involved.

LOL, give me a break man, quit fuckin crying about shit getting leaked and downloaded, thats the music biz man, deal with it, because there is no stopping it.  Don't want it downloaded so much?  Don't charge so much for it.  If these albums were NEVER going to see the light of day anyways, then whats the problem with people downloading it?  The way I see it, thats just bonus money for the ones that do get sold.  If the albums were NEVER going to get released in the first place, then that means the albums were NEVER going to make any money, which means they lose absolutely nothing when they get downloaded.  Correct me if I'm wrong on that point.  You might say you have the cd pressing costs...fuck it, don't press any, just put up links for download.  Website design costs?  Shit, who gives a damn about the website, make it simple text w/ a download link, I"m sure that would please everyone.

Quit trying to act like this website is doing this huge favor for the fans.  Like I said, if they were doing a huge favor for the fans, they would put it all up for download for FREE, since it was NEVER going to see the light of day anyways.  The people involved are in it for money.  They got it, its of absolutely no good to them just sitting there never released, and they know eventually someone else will try to make some money off it, so they are just getting to that first.  And thats fine, there is nothing wrong with that.  Whats wrong is acting like its all for the fans and they are doing a huge favor for the fans, because that is bullshit.  This shit wouldn't cost 3x the price of a normal album if it was all for the fans.

If these artists want to sell albums, then they need to make a good product.  I've downloaded everything kurupts been involved in in the past 4 years and haven't bought any of it.  Its not like I"m ripping him off.  The music is GARBAGE.  If I would have bought it, I would have been the one who got ripped off.  I listen to his shit 2-3 times max.  Sometimes I can't even make it all the way through the album one time.  What are they charging for this album?  something like $30.  Fuck that, ain't no way thats worth it.

These rappers and companies involved do bad business, thats the bottom line.  You get what you pay for and vice versa.  Smart people don't want to spend their hard earned money on worthless garbage.  Kurupt has been half assing his way through the music seen for over the past 5 years.  He, as a rapper has a trade just like a plumber, mechanic, contractor, lawyer, dentist, etc.  Are you going to be satisfied spending $120 an hour on a plumber that half ass fixes your plumbing problem?  I sure as hell am not.  So why would I be satisfied paying triple the price of some half ass put product.

You have valid points and I agree with most all of them. Sure, they're making money off of it. But in the case of albums like OFTB, Tha Realest, Top Dogg, etc, they are all getting the profit, not FTP. The ones who MADE the music, so it's basically like they're putting out an independent album. Yes it sucks they don't just leak the shit and put it up for download for free instead of selling it. I'll be the first to admit that I'd rather download it than buy it. But I can't be mad at them for making money. What if you were in their position? Would you just give away everything for free if you got yourself in a position to put in work to get a hold of the music and maybe even paid money for it yourself? If you say you would give it away free if you were them then you are full of shit my friend. All this is besides the point though.

Main thing from my point of view is as I've already stated: if these albums keep getting leaked so god damn quickly, nobody will buy them. If nobody buys the albums, then they won't be releasing future albums. If they're not releasing future albums we won't get to hear all the music that they have to offer.

Put all your opinions to the side, and look at what I just said in the last paragraph and you will see where I'm coming from. Like it or not that's the way it is and we can't change that. If you don't want to buy the albums, don't. That's fine because it will leak and you can download it. But is it so outrageous of me to say don't leak to people who didn't pay for it for at least a couple weeks after getting it so that we can keep getting future releases? I think not.

Big_Ed

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2007, 09:49:57 PM »
E.P. Is SICK!!!
Some one hook me up with the link..

stephen619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Pound, We Roll Thick Like One-Time
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2007, 10:04:35 PM »
This whole E.P. is Kurupt killing Snoop, Daz, Soopafly etc...
K.U.R.U.P.T. Spits FIRE!!!

acgrundy

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2007, 10:59:40 PM »
I sense sarcasm. I'm simply trying to point out that it's not going to help. Sure it will leak eventually, everything does. But why leak it on the day you got it in the mail? Wait awhile at least or something.

FTP just eatin' off Kurupt's throw away music and other music that they had nothing to do with creating... if people are cheating them who cares, they cheating artists.

They're not cheating the artists. If they were then the artists would be suing which I don't see a god damn one of them doing. That is because they legally can't. A lot of the FTP releases are actually being put out with the help of the artist and the artist getting all profits. All the artist has to do is pay for the pressing and the website design. It's not like these albums were EVER going to see the light of day until FTP got involved.

LOL, give me a break man, quit fuckin crying about shit getting leaked and downloaded, thats the music biz man, deal with it, because there is no stopping it.  Don't want it downloaded so much?  Don't charge so much for it.  If these albums were NEVER going to see the light of day anyways, then whats the problem with people downloading it?  The way I see it, thats just bonus money for the ones that do get sold.  If the albums were NEVER going to get released in the first place, then that means the albums were NEVER going to make any money, which means they lose absolutely nothing when they get downloaded.  Correct me if I'm wrong on that point.  You might say you have the cd pressing costs...fuck it, don't press any, just put up links for download.  Website design costs?  Shit, who gives a damn about the website, make it simple text w/ a download link, I"m sure that would please everyone.

Quit trying to act like this website is doing this huge favor for the fans.  Like I said, if they were doing a huge favor for the fans, they would put it all up for download for FREE, since it was NEVER going to see the light of day anyways.  The people involved are in it for money.  They got it, its of absolutely no good to them just sitting there never released, and they know eventually someone else will try to make some money off it, so they are just getting to that first.  And thats fine, there is nothing wrong with that.  Whats wrong is acting like its all for the fans and they are doing a huge favor for the fans, because that is bullshit.  This shit wouldn't cost 3x the price of a normal album if it was all for the fans.

If these artists want to sell albums, then they need to make a good product.  I've downloaded everything kurupts been involved in in the past 4 years and haven't bought any of it.  Its not like I"m ripping him off.  The music is GARBAGE.  If I would have bought it, I would have been the one who got ripped off.  I listen to his shit 2-3 times max.  Sometimes I can't even make it all the way through the album one time.  What are they charging for this album?  something like $30.  Fuck that, ain't no way thats worth it.

These rappers and companies involved do bad business, thats the bottom line.  You get what you pay for and vice versa.  Smart people don't want to spend their hard earned money on worthless garbage.  Kurupt has been half assing his way through the music seen for over the past 5 years.  He, as a rapper has a trade just like a plumber, mechanic, contractor, lawyer, dentist, etc.  Are you going to be satisfied spending $120 an hour on a plumber that half ass fixes your plumbing problem?  I sure as hell am not.  So why would I be satisfied paying triple the price of some half ass put product.

You have valid points and I agree with most all of them. Sure, they're making money off of it. But in the case of albums like OFTB, Tha Realest, Top Dogg, etc, they are all getting the profit, not FTP. The ones who MADE the music, so it's basically like they're putting out an independent album. Yes it sucks they don't just leak the shit and put it up for download for free instead of selling it. I'll be the first to admit that I'd rather download it than buy it. But I can't be mad at them for making money. What if you were in their position? Would you just give away everything for free if you got yourself in a position to put in work to get a hold of the music and maybe even paid money for it yourself? If you say you would give it away free if you were them then you are full of shit my friend. All this is besides the point though.

Main thing from my point of view is as I've already stated: if these albums keep getting leaked so god damn quickly, nobody will buy them. If nobody buys the albums, then they won't be releasing future albums. If they're not releasing future albums we won't get to hear all the music that they have to offer.

Put all your opinions to the side, and look at what I just said in the last paragraph and you will see where I'm coming from. Like it or not that's the way it is and we can't change that. If you don't want to buy the albums, don't. That's fine because it will leak and you can download it. But is it so outrageous of me to say don't leak to people who didn't pay for it for at least a couple weeks after getting it so that we can keep getting future releases? I think not.

no absolutely not I don't think its outrageous that they are trying to make money off it...I think its outrageous at the prices they are selling the shit for.  Each release is minimum been sold for 3x the price of an avg cd, which is ridiculous.  and besides the point, everyone who recorded something for deathrow got something...whether it be promotion, a car, money, a house, a name, etc, they got something, so they did get paid, and if they didn't, well that is their own damn fault.

and I'm trying to get at you to stop saying that these albums won't be released.  You may be able to fool the fuckin idiots, but you can't fool the smart people.  NOBODY makes money with these albums not getting released at all.  and eventually somebody is going to try to make some money...so at some point in time these albums will be released.  Whether or not the people who are releasing them now, will continue to release them is a different story...but really, I don't give a fuck.

anyone smart can figure out their marketing ploy.  Put out the albums least likely to sell first.  Use albums such as Crook and Dre as a marketing ploy to get the other less known albums to sell.  threaten that if the other albums don't sell, then the albums like crook won't be released.  but the fact is, that they already got the albums, and if they don't sell them, they don't make ANYTHING.  The only possiblity they have at recouping any cost or making any profit is to sell the albums.  Fine, don't sell them, lose all your profit...who is it going to hurt more?  The fans or you guys?  You all know it will leak eventually, so it will hurt u guys more, either that or someone else will sell it.  Face it bro...its a buyers market...the music has already been recorded, the costs have been spent.  Now you know that there is bootlegging possibilities such as w/ the pac music, or just the shit totally leaks for free such as w/ the MC Hammer death row album.  The bottom line is, all this music will be in the hands of the fans sooner or later, and somebody will make a buck off it.  My opinion, those who are greedy will get screwed the most.  You guys seriously in it to help the artists and help the fans...then fuck it, put all albums up for sale at once at the same price as an avg cd sells in stores...otherwise, go fuck yourselves.

I hope anyone w/ half a brain or more listens to me.  Don't buy into the bullshit.  Don't be a fuckin groupie.  Lookout for scams.  That deathrow crooked I shit will come out...its all a matter of time.  Don't spend 3x as much as its worth...be smart and fuck these scamming ass bootlegers.  So far I've gotten these 3 releases for free, and I will get the rest for free.  and none of them are really worth my money.  And I give my word, if that crooked I shit is hot as fuck, I will personally mail him a check for $15, so that he can see all the profits, fuck everybody else.

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2007, 11:37:08 PM »
downloading now. No vasiline is a sick joint ,nice and raw lol. Hit me up if you need a link

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2007, 12:08:05 AM »
no vaseline2 is fire :) ;D 8)

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2007, 12:11:27 AM »
I love it! But not for the disses, for the Funk!! Great production, Kurupt on point, westside.

The Watcher

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2007, 12:18:43 AM »
anyone got a link?
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

XaNdEr

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2007, 12:20:55 AM »

+1 homie, that's some real talk. Nobody is gonna buy shit, maybe that's why record sales are down. Everybody is making the same recycled albums, with the same recycled lyrics, same recycled concepts, same recycled styles with the same poppy, mainstream appealing beats. Even the "new generation" still talking about the same thing. And the 1 or 2 dudes with talent and creativity won't get signed cause record labels are too afraid of putting out "flops" yet every "good album" (in their eyes) will flop too.

But man, if this continues it will kill rap. I wanna hear something fresh and new...as for this Kurupt EP, since y'all are so much on his nuts you should be happy it's gettin' bootlegged and downloaded and not bought, cause that was the wish of that punk wasn't it.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2007, 01:21:16 AM »
anyone have a link

Okka

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2007, 01:33:01 AM »
Daaamn, this shit is dope as fuck!

"No Vaseline Pt.2"=  :o

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2007, 01:47:01 AM »
but my fav tracks are the ones with kokane and danny boy

T-mack82

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2007, 03:24:36 AM »
where do u download it?i only found 2 tracks fromit,pm me with a link
thx

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2007, 03:35:17 AM »
Question for legendz:

-The CD is in a standard cd case with the front & back cover?