Author Topic: Why did 2pac and Ice Cube have beef?  (Read 1531 times)

Jin

• 'G'
Re: Why did 2pac and Ice Cube have beef?
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2007, 11:42:44 AM »
cube would kill him lyrically.
Hit 'Em Up > No Vaseline

Hell no.

Hit 'em up is a cool track with aggressive lyrics, but lyrically it can't fuck with No Vaseline, which is one of the best diss tracks ever.
Cube just teared apart NWA with it.
That was the time when nobody could fuck with Cube.

d-nice

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2007, 12:17:46 PM »
EVERY BODY MAKING A BIG DEAL OUTTA NOTHING! D-NICE YOU KNOW WHATS UP LET EM KNOW LOC!

LOL! 2 people have to beef for it to be called BEEF. 2pac said some things about Ice Cube and Cube did not respond. Did he hear it? I don't know, but Cube has ALWAYS showed Pac nothing but love before and after he died, present or not. Pac got that whole "westside" thing confused. If that was the case he should have dissed Kam and MC Eiht, who were both throwing up the W before anyone. Instead of recognizing WSCG going after the djs and critics, Pac blindly dissed. It's all good, no rap war came out of it, both made dope music during the time and both repped the west to the fullest.

edimean22

• 'G'
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2007, 12:29:33 PM »
yo my niggaz didnt king tee hold pac up by his coller against his car cus he didtn like what pac did or some shit like dat. now dat shit is real my niggaz

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2007, 12:40:47 PM »
i never knew they had beef so i dont know how this topic even started, and no one has stated anythng about a beef yet

dameons

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2007, 03:27:41 PM »
The booklet states "Beef" very clearly..

d-nice

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2007, 03:33:19 PM »
The booklet states "Beef" very clearly..

Well unless something behind the scenes happened, 2pac dissed Cube and he did not respond.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2007, 04:04:57 PM »
2Pac was an attention whore. Cube never did anything that should've made Pac call him out.

Pac kept the game real.  Now it's full of nothing but fakeness since he left.

What he said about Cube was true.  Even though I appreciate that album Cube did Summer of 96' cause that represents West Coast glory days.  But still, like I said, you can see now that without Pac the game was immediately taken over by fake bussinessmen like Puffy, Jay-Z, and Master P, and it's even worse now.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

d-nice

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2007, 04:26:58 PM »
No one can dispute Pac was a great leader for not only the west but hip hop. But that does not mean he was the only voice out here. 2pac and Ice Cube talked about similar issues when it came to what they thought was east coast djs not playing west coast records. Cube was talking about that in 94-95 when the Common beef was poppin off. I might be reaching but I don't know if 2pac's opinion on why Cube did WSCG was off of 1 record (Bow Down) because that album came out after he died. But Bow Down was not a diss record. Hitemup is a diss record. So IMO Pac was ego driven when he said that Cube was copying what he was doing. Both talked about the same thing, Cube just aired it out more on Bow Down and his was not as personal, it was more for the critics. And trust me, if Bow Down would have tanked, we would not be talking about the album or its participants in the same light, because they would have tried to black ball them. Check out the WC interview here, he talks about the reasons WSCG was formed. For the record, I am a huge Cube and Pac fan, but I thought Pac was a little misguided with that comment, but that does not change my view on his work or his legacy.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2007, 04:38:35 PM »
+1 d-nice, always keeps it way real.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2007, 04:52:16 PM »
why would cube be scared of dissing 2pac?? how can u be scared of someone who is down wit Death Row?. them niggas was bustas. when Baby Lane shot 'em they all cried like lil bitches. not one nigga returned fire. not one!!

Ronni

• Lil Geezy
  • teck
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2007, 08:42:23 PM »
Why does it have to be true just because it's in a booklet? A lot of bullshit gets printed. I think it's pretty clear there was never any real beef.
By the way, wasn't Cube talking in the beginning of Hit em Up 2 or 3 or some other song? Or was that just edited in?

DonCorleone187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2007, 09:30:55 PM »
Pac also said that he mastered Ice Cube's shit.  His ego was just way out of control during his Death Row days he couldn't handle his fame going from having nothing in jail to houses and cars and whatever he wanted.  He talked way too much shit. So brilliant with the pen but couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Don Mega

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Doggpound just for the fuck of it
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2007, 11:55:47 PM »
why would cube be scared of dissing 2pac?? how can u be scared of someone who is down wit Death Row?. them niggas was bustas. when Baby Lane shot 'em they all cried like lil bitches. not one nigga returned fire. not one!!
I see what youre saying, a real "gangsta" would have jumped out the car, bulletholes bleeding and started shooting like a real G, even though the wounds was fatal.

::)

drakeshakenbake

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2007, 05:38:33 AM »
I remember seeing an interview with Pac, in a shooting range. He was talking about how young black men in the hood dont have no fathers,that they got their knowledge from the rap game. And i remember him mentoning Cube as one of his fathers. But if this was conducted before or after their "beef" i do not know. Still an example of Pac showing Cube the respect he deserves, in my opinion!

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2007, 09:49:26 PM »
yo to whoever the fuck that said no vaseline was better than hit em up....

R U FUCKIN KIDDIN ME?

Hit Em Up is thee best diss record in the history of hip hop, no other record can match its energy and ferocity that pac showed on that song, i mean seriously i could give a fuck less bout the lyrics cuz when i hear hit em up, it makes me, a big fan of eastcoast rappers, wanna hate the eastcoast forever wit a passion, hahaha thas how powerful the song is and thas why it is the best diss, hands down....no vaseline aint got shit on it