Author Topic: Linkin Park - Minutes To Midnight  (Read 279 times)

Jakubs

Linkin Park - Minutes To Midnight
« on: May 06, 2007, 11:45:05 PM »
I just downloaded the album, and I'm now listening to it for the second time. It's definitely way different than their other material, but that was to be expected with Rick Rubin producing the album. I am very pleased with the direction they took. Not as angry, definitely more mellow songs, but the lyrical content is better and the instrumentation is more diverse. If you have the opportunity I strongly suggest checking it out.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

The Watcher

Re: Linkin Park - Minutes To Midnight
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 01:01:27 AM »
ive listened to it 3 times, and its been balls each time

i can appreciate the direction they've tried to take, but im def not feelin it
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Jakubs

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 11:02:27 AM »
ive listened to it 3 times, and its been balls each time

i can appreciate the direction they've tried to take, but im def not feelin it

I can respect that. It's definitely different. When I listen to it I try to ignore the fact that it's a Linkin Park album.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 12:07:13 PM »
Im not much of a Linkin Park fan since I left high School just cant take them seriously, plus that single, not really feelin it.  I'll prolly check it if the next single blows me away.

-KIDRENEGADE-

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 12:18:26 PM »

I really like this album it's very far removed from previous efforts but overall it's definitely a worthy release. It's come as something of a surprise but I think this album will grow on people. This album is more about showcasing the talents of Chester's vocal abilities and is definitely very mellow a completely different direction for them and I suspect it is as much to do with the danger of chester's vocal chords being damaged by the constant screaming that he used to do. Having said that, the last 4 songs on the album are very dull, all of one tone and there is no life in them it seems that perhaps they completely ran out of ideas, sounds very uninspired.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 12:33:17 PM by virtuoso »

everlast1986

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 04:06:54 PM »
I never at all have been a fan of linkin park but i respect their semi-eclectic taste. I hear alot of people saying this new album sucks so i'll have to check this.

xGlimpsex

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I. Will. Not. Lose.
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 06:06:40 PM »
Album sucked ass. First 2 albums were dope, but this one went downhill.
Hip Hop: Live, Breathe, Sleep it.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 11:49:32 PM »
Is it the standard Linkin Park material like parents being terrible parents and the song about my girl who left me but will feel sorry one day about it?

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 12:19:38 AM »
I've never been much of a fan of Linkin Park.. liked a song or two from them.. but I downloaded this CD and gave it one listen and wasn't impressed.. a couple okay songs but just not my style.. so yea not a big deal to me because I never was much of a fan...

Jakubs

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 01:34:14 AM »
Is it the standard Linkin Park material like parents being terrible parents and the song about my girl who left me but will feel sorry one day about it?

This album sounds nothing like their first two.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 01:39:55 AM »

c'mon who CAN"T relate to that!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 07:28:16 PM »
I like linkin park and i just heard this new album and i must say in the past few days it has really grown on me.It is a bit more mellow for their style but the lyrics are worth listing to.