Author Topic: Common - The Game (produced by Kanye West, 1st single)  (Read 528 times)

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Common - The Game (produced by Kanye West, 1st single)
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 11:07:11 AM »
I think Ive been missing out.

yes, yes you have.

dope track.

What type of shit Common be talking about? Just Black power shit and love or does he speak on alot of topics?
Well he is mainly known for focusing on love and spirituality. Though he also speak som politics and struggle sometimes, and some few times you can catch him on some "bragging rap" like most rappers.

But it's a bit different from his early albums to his news, as far as i see it.

Anyways the albums you should check out in my opinion:

Common Sense - Resurrection
Common - Electric Circus
Common - Like Water For Chocolate
Common - Be

I know I'm not good at argumenting why a rapper is dope and describing how the rapper is, but Common is one of my favorite, and I think everyone shoudl check him out! If you are getting tired of being hardcore and need some love, just switch to Commons music :P

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 11:11:41 AM »

yes, yes you have.

dope track.

What type of shit Common be talking about? Just Black power shit and love or does he speak on alot of topics?
Well he is mainly known for focusing on love and spirituality. Though he also speak som politics and struggle sometimes, and some few times you can catch him on some "bragging rap" like most rappers.

Common - Electric Circus
Common - Be

I know I'm not good at argumenting why a rapper is dope and describing how the rapper is, but Common is one of my favorite, and I think everyone shoudl check him out! If you are getting tired of being hardcore and need some love, just switch to Commons music :P

Nah, that was a pretty damn good description homie. I will check Resurrection since u say it's the best one. The only Common verse i ever heard and liked alot was on Beatnuts "Slam Pit".

Oddly enough, it was him in Smoking Aces that made me wanna check out the music as well.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 11:14:27 AM »
what I like about common is that he keeps it real, he aint no gangsta, and u can actually relate to some stuff he be saying, like i remember the song with Lauryn Hill (retrospective for life) its a song that every man should listen to because it happens alot!

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 11:45:20 AM »
^^^ agreed... its hard not to appreciated the realness of common's message...

peace

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 12:07:42 PM »

yes, yes you have.

dope track.

Common - Electric Circus
Common - Be

Nah, that was a pretty damn good description homie. I will check Resurrection since u say it's the best one. The only Common verse i ever heard and liked alot was on Beatnuts "Slam Pit".

Oddly enough, it was him in Smoking Aces that made me wanna check out the music as well.
Oh i didnt say that Ressurection was the best.. My favorite is Electric Circus and Like Water For Chocolate.. I think those are better to start with, and they are more soulfull, Ressurection is more, uhm, ol school
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 12:25:16 PM by Oklin »

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 01:22:22 PM »
thnks, nice track even tough I think 'The People' is better

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 03:26:12 PM »
Ive obly got Be which was a good album but not as good as it was hyped up to be.

Ive said it before my only problem with common is some of the comments he has made regarding different races.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2007, 08:30:44 AM »
Dope ass track, no doubt about that.

H. Chad

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2007, 07:29:37 PM »
album is what real hip hop heads are fiendin for in 07

peace

im not caring for any other release within the next few months except this! this joint is hot!!!!

XaNdEr

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2007, 01:56:48 AM »
Never heard a Common album before, but I want to check this. I think Ive been missing out.

Hella overrated, just because dude doesn't use cusswords and stuff he is "real hiphop" according to a lot of people. Fuck that, i rather bump Outkast, Nas, Gang Starr and stuff, that is real hiphop, not just some backpack rapper who thinks hes smart.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2007, 05:36:15 AM »
Never heard a Common album before, but I want to check this. I think Ive been missing out.
Hella overrated, just because dude doesn't use cusswords and stuff he is "real hiphop" according to a lot of people. Fuck that, i rather bump Outkast, Nas, Gang Starr and stuff, that is real hiphop, not just some backpack rapper who thinks hes smart.
He is intelligent, he can flow, he got dope rhymes, he got dope beats.. Thats enough for me.. I don't see him as overrated.. And he does use cusswords, just not as much as most.

But yeah I can see your point, you only wanna listen to a rapper if he is cussing :P

XaNdEr

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2007, 05:42:06 AM »
He is intelligent, he can flow, he got dope rhymes, he got dope beats.. Thats enough for me.. I don't see him as overrated.. And he does use cusswords, just not as much as most.

But yeah I can see your point, you only wanna listen to a rapper if he is cussing :P

I listen to what the fuck i like and want, and you have absolutely no influence on that. Oh and imo, i rather listen to Paul Wall, Ya Boy, Young Jeezy, Ras Kass, Ray Cash, Spider Loc, Problem, DPG, Lil' Wyte, JT The Bigga Figga etc. then Common.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2007, 11:21:51 AM »

I listen to what the fuck i like and want, and you have absolutely no influence on that. Oh and imo, i rather listen to Paul Wall, Ya Boy, Young Jeezy, Ras Kass, Ray Cash, Spider Loc, Problem, DPG, Lil' Wyte, JT The Bigga Figga etc. then Common.

To each his own i guess!

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2007, 01:25:28 AM »

To each his own i guess!
True! We can forever discuss which rappers we think are dope, the easy way out of this is just to respect each others choice of music.

I just didnt like this statement:

Al Bundy

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2007, 01:27:56 AM »
I don't like common.