Author Topic: News On Hood Surgeon's Debut Album, Knocturnal & David Banner to guest on it...  (Read 334 times)

Lunatic

Affluent Records is planning to release the debut album from Hood Surgeon, the son of legendary West coast producer Dr. Dre.

The 16-track album, titled The Hood Surgeon: The Autopsy of Curtis Young, features production by Knocturnal and a cameo appearance by David Banner.

The Autopsy details Hood Surgeon's life growing up in Compton, CA which has produced a number of legendary rappers, including his father Andre "Dr. Dre" Young, NWA, Eazy-E, The Game, MC Eiht, DJ Quik and numerous others.

"It’s like, you know you’re gonna hear the struggle I went through..." Hood Surgeon told AllHipHop.com in a previous interview. "Motherf**kers can [check up on] my s**t and see what I been through and where I grew up at, and they’ll see that I’m not lying. I’m not gonna say I was out there shooting motherf**kers and doing all that, but I grew up around that, so I might speak on something that happened around me in my music. They ain’t gonna hear me say something I didn’t do."

As a rapper and producer, Hood Surgeon, born Curtis Young, is inspired by East and West coast rappers such as Tupac Shakur, The Notorious BIG, Jay-Z and his father Dr. Dre, who is also the CEO of Aftermath Recordings.

While he didn't meet his father until a much later age, he found out that his father was a legendary producer around the age of 12 and followed in his famous father's footsteps.

"I'm going through the grind like he did, like he had to go through. And so that way when I get it, I'll respect it more..." Hood Surgeon said. "I went through the same thing he been through. I met him when I was 21. I didn’t know him growin’ up. We just was right up under each other’s noses basically, not knowing that, you know, that that was my pop and he didn’t know I was his son."

So Hood Records is distributed by Affluent Records, which is distributed nationally by Red Eye Distribution.

The Hood Surgeon: The Autopsy of Curtis Young is due in stores July 24.

www.allhiphop.com

damn, my boy knoc producing ;D

i'm guessing it's that knoc & hood track we already heard though. If that's a knoc beat, damn he got some production skills
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

Props for this Luni. I am interested to see how this turns out. And how he will do with JT & Snoop.

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
coon surgeon? what a joke  8)

Lunatic

Props for this Luni. I am interested to see how this turns out. And how he will do with JT & Snoop.

np homie 8)

i still have heard nothin by that guy but i want to hear that shit. i think having dr dre as your father could make you ambitious and could set you up to be a great producer yourself.

Lunatic

i still have heard nothin by that guy but i want to hear that shit. i think having dr dre as your father could make you ambitious and could set you up to be a great producer yourself.

true. i'm just hoping the knoc track ain't the 1 we heard already

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
There was a song posted on dubcnn a while ago and I belive it was knocturnal featuring david banner, did a full version of the song ever leak?

Lunatic

There was a song posted on dubcnn a while ago and I belive it was knocturnal featuring david banner, did a full version of the song ever leak?

damn homie. Being a big knoc fan, i'm pretty sure you're talking about "i've got it"

sadly, no it never leaked :-\

the snippet is still up on treacherous records' media section
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 05:40:42 PM by Lunatic 63 »

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah will be interesting to see what dres son has to offer with his release

nu-jerzey-devil

• Lil Geezy