Author Topic: Dr. Dre's Son Hood Surgeon Preparing Debut Album  (Read 305 times)

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
Dr. Dre's Son Hood Surgeon Preparing Debut Album
« on: May 11, 2007, 06:32:27 AM »
 Dr. Dre's Son Hood Surgeon Preparing Debut Album       Print        E-mail
Thursday, 10 May 2007
Affluent Records is planning to release the debut album from Hood Surgeon, the son of legendary West coast producer Dr. Dre.

The 16-track album, titled The Hood Surgeon: The Autopsy of Curtis Young, features production by Knocturnal and a cameo appearance by David Banner.

The Autopsy details Hood Surgeon's life growing up in Compton, CA which has produced a number of legendary rappers, including his father Andre "Dr. Dre" Young, NWA, Eazy-E, The Game, MC Eiht, DJ Quik and numerous others.

"It’s like, you know you’re gonna hear the struggle I went through..." Hood Surgeon said in an interview. "Motherf**kers can [check up on] my s**t and see what I been through and where I grew up at, and they’ll see that I’m not lying. I’m not gonna say I was out there shooting motherf**kers and doing all that, but I grew up around that, so I might speak on something that happened around me in my music. They ain’t gonna hear me say something I didn’t do."

As a rapper and producer, Hood Surgeon, born Curtis Young, is inspired by East and West coast rappers such as Tupac Shakur, The Notorious BIG, Jay-Z and his father Dr. Dre, who is also the CEO of Aftermath Recordings.

While he didn't meet his father until a much later age, he found out that his father was a legendary producer around the age of 12 and followed in his famous father's footsteps.

"I'm going through the grind like he did, like he had to go through. And so that way when I get it, I'll respect it more..." Hood Surgeon said. "I went through the same thing he been through. I met him when I was 21. I didn’t know him growin’ up. We just was right up under each other’s noses basically, not knowing that, you know, that that was my pop and he didn’t know I was his son."

So Hood Records is distributed by Affluent Records, which is distributed nationally by Red Eye Distribution.

The Hood Surgeon: The Autopsy of Curtis Young is due in stores July 24.

Discuss this topic 

Blu Lacez

Re: Dr. Dre's Son Hood Surgeon Preparing Debut Album
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 04:15:05 PM »
No disrespect..but can't understnad why folks set up threads upon threads about the same artist..can't it all be merge into one thread??

but props for the info though!!

I'm rather lookin forward 2 his album!

The_Urban_Legend

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 10:29:01 PM »
yeah hood surgeon is'nt bad, his new track daddy was a doctor is crazy

Nasty Nem

• 'G'
  • HOV
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 05:54:49 AM »