Author Topic: i think warren g should be producing more for other people  (Read 213 times)

snoop needs to get rid of all that damn neptunes and timbo(timbos the shit but dont think snoop and him are that great) and get some beats from his old homie warren g.

i picked up in the mid night hour yesterday being a pretty big warren g fan and hearing some good stuff. i'm really surprised how good yet how bad it is. the production is incredible. he maintains the g funk style but unlike most g funk producers seems to have stepped his game up over time and updated his shit. now the lyrics... all over the place and completely uninspired. he's not smooth like he used to which would be the first thing i'd label him as in 94. snoop needs to be using this fool for production though.. sure he's not a big name these days but he makes amazing beats still

Blu Lacez

Re: i think warren g should be producing more for other people
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 06:13:38 AM »
snoop needs to get rid of all that damn Neptune's and timbo(timbos the shit but dont think snoop and him are that great) and get some beats from his old homie warren g.

i picked up in the mid night hour yesterday being a pretty big warren g fan and hearing some good stuff. I'm really surprised how good yet how bad it is. the production is incredible. he maintains the g funk style but unlike most g funk producers seems to have stepped his game up over time and updated his shit. now the lyrics... all over the place and completely uninspired. he's not smooth like he used to which would be the first thing I'd label him as in 94. snoop needs to be using this fool for production though.. sure he's not a big name these days but he makes amazing beats still

^^
props but it's really down to Snoop who he wants to work with!
He has done alot of good records with other producers outside  his camp!!

I think the onus is on Warren G to produce for others outside his camp as well..
It does not really have to be Snoop!

He featured quite a few artist on that album, all he has to do now is continue with that trend, expand his produce scope and offer those artist a beat for them to flow on..Thats the path  IMO he needs to go..
Everybody feels that Snoop has to assist them, sometimes it don't work like that.

Theres alot of talent in LA he just has to find them, blow up again like it's 94!!

On the other hand it may just be down to Warren G himself, perhaps he don't really want to produce outside his camp.

If he don't work with Snoop thats fine with me, as long as he keep making hits for his album I'll be content!!

Blu

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 12:12:10 PM »
true, 1 of the greatest hip-hop producers ever imo
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 12:27:08 PM »
He can't. He's too busy working on his friendships with Screech from "Saved By the Bell". and Marsha Brady.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 12:51:54 PM »
He can't. He's too busy working on his friendships with Screech from "Saved By the Bell". and Marsha Brady.

funny :-X
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Diggfinger

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 12:55:17 PM »
snoop needs to get rid of all that damn neptunes and timbo(timbos the shit but dont think snoop and him are that great) and get some beats from his old homie warren g.

i picked up in the mid night hour yesterday being a pretty big warren g fan and hearing some good stuff. i'm really surprised how good yet how bad it is. the production is incredible. he maintains the g funk style but unlike most g funk producers seems to have stepped his game up over time and updated his shit. now the lyrics... all over the place and completely uninspired. he's not smooth like he used to which would be the first thing i'd label him as in 94. snoop needs to be using this fool for production though.. sure he's not a big name these days but he makes amazing beats still

How are the lyrics "uninspired and all over the place"?? Please dont tell me that you get more out of listening to say the latest Dogg Pound or Snoop DOgg records.

Warren has his probably best verse ever (IMO) on "Get U Down" and the way he spits it ultrafast just makes it a superb track.
And also if you have lost a parent "I Need a Light" has some lines that you can really relate to.

Would youi please be so kind as to enlighten my infantile brain and explain to me how this album is anymore uninspired than other rap CDs  ;D

d-nice

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 01:08:05 PM »
Man Warren needs to worry about Warren. It's not like he is a hard to find producer. We all know the story with Snoop so if he does not want to use him, that is on him. Bishop Lamont, Glasses Malone and a few other artists are always bigging up Warren and saying they want beats on their albums so he will be aight.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 09:30:22 PM »
;D