Author Topic: The DFW thread: The D.O.C, Erotic D and 6-2  (Read 33600 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Southern Hydro (Big Mike and Six2)
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2008, 05:26:30 AM »

-Killa Instinct;
Lyrics; 10
Beat; 10
Damn I´ve slept on this track,is that Dre he´s talking to at the begining?
the credits say that the phone conversation is written by Erotic D and Triple L.

so i guess the voice is just quite similar  :laugh:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2008, 08:54:43 AM »

-Killa Instinct;
Lyrics; 10
Beat; 10
Damn I´ve slept on this track,is that Dre he´s talking to at the begining?
the credits say that the phone conversation is written by Erotic D and Triple L.
so i guess the voice is just quite similar  :laugh:

His production sounds like Dre,he both raps and sounds like Dre,damn did D.O.C hit jackpot finding him  :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh:
but remember, the D.O.C. stole some skeleton beats from dre

HEC

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2008, 07:26:42 AM »
ok guys here is my breakdown

1 - Intro - dope 4/5
2 - REturn  Of The Living Dead - love this beat and DOC is flowing. my second favorite track on the album 5/5
3 - From Ruthless 2 Death Row - this is classic right here, Erotic D on point as he is most of the album and loving the storytelling on this, it might be my favorite track from this album 5/5
4 - Secret Plan - love the dark beat, good track 4/5
5-  Komurshell - funny skit, love the creative spelling on the title
6 - 4 my My Doggz - nice track, not too crazy about it but.. 3.5/5
7 - 45 automatic - now were talking, I love these type of tracks, Erotic D is killing it on the boards 5/5
8 - Sonzo O´Light - back to back bangers this ablum is starting to heat up 5/5
9 - Bitchez - this track is ok like Dre-Day mentioned kind of reminded me of Bitchez ain't Shit as well 3.5/5
10 - Interlude - nice beat
11 - Hereafter - this is where DOC's voice is a downside, I agree the mixing is not good on this and not an enjoyable song ffor me 2/5
12 - Erotix Shit - back to back subpar tracks, alittle better than Hereafter because ot the underrated Breed 2.5/5
13 - Welcome to the New World - wish this was a bit longer, sinister beat, didn't know Erotic D was a mixtape DJ with those adlibs but I can't fault him he did a great job on the album 4/5
14 - Killa Instinc - just not feeling this beat here, average track 3/5
15 - Komurshell - more funny shit LOL
16 - Brand New Formula -  :-[ 1/5
17 - Outro - decent
Crazy Bitchez - not feeling this too much 2/5

well to sum it up I really haven't listened to this album since 1996 until recently, and it is an enjoyable album once I got past the DOC's voice which was not a probelm for me only on a couple of tracks. The flow and lyrics are there and Erotic D did a very underrated job on the boards. Album started out on fire but lost a lot of steam towards the second half for me. Overall I probably would give this around a 3.5/5 maybe even a 3.75/5 depending on my mood. But its cool to go back in time and listen to an album that you really never appreciated before and give it a second chance, props to both Chad and Dre-Day for this experience

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2008, 10:30:23 AM »

1 - Intro - dope 4/5
2 - REturn  Of The Living Dead - love this beat and DOC is flowing. my second favorite track on the album 5/5
3 - From Ruthless 2 Death Row - this is classic right here, Erotic D on point as he is most of the album and loving the storytelling on this, it might be my favorite track from this album 5/5
7 - 45 automatic - now were talking, I love these type of tracks, Erotic D is killing it on the boards 5/5
9 - Bitchez - this track is ok like Dre-Day mentioned kind of reminded me of Bitchez ain't Shit as well 3.5/5
11 - Hereafter - this is where DOC's voice is a downside, I agree the mixing is not good on this and not an enjoyable song ffor me 2/5
12 - Erotix Shit - back to back subpar tracks, alittle better than Hereafter because ot the underrated Breed 2.5/5
13 - Welcome to the New World - wish this was a bit longer, sinister beat, didn't know Erotic D was a mixtape DJ with those adlibs but I can't fault him he did a great job on the album 4/5
17 - Outro - decent

well to sum it up I really haven't listened to this album since 1996 until recently, and it is an enjoyable album once I got past the DOC's voice which was not a probelm for me only on a couple of tracks. The flow and lyrics are there and Erotic D did a very underrated job on the boards. Album started out on fire but lost a lot of steam towards the second half for me. Overall I probably would give this around a 3.5/5 maybe even a 3.75/5 depending on my mood. But its cool to go back in time and listen to an album that you really never appreciated before and give it a second chance, props to both Chad and Dre-Day for this experience

again, thank you for giving this album another chance  ;) nice review.

aside from a few minor differences in taste, we agree with eachother about the album  :)

well i understand that your first impression was far from positive, but it's really a shame you haven't took the chance to relisten to it until now  ;)
perhaps an idea for other albums that disappointed you before in the beginning  ;) recheck them  :laugh:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2008, 01:57:01 AM »
WOW,HighEyeCue if like the return of the living dead album version.
I really hope you have heard the remix (which in my opinion sounds like it was the OG version).  :P ;)
It's WAY WAY WAY better.............

01 Return Of Da Livin' Dead (Remix).mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/?u162bhyjj1l
 :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil:

yeah i think it's much better too. the remix of from ruthless to death row is also dope, even though the beat doesn't fit the concept of the song at all  ;)

thanks again for sharing these tracks  8)

k1000

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2008, 05:40:18 AM »
new track : Timbaland + Attitude + 6-Two : I'm A Real Nigga

HEC

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2008, 09:49:45 AM »
I really hope you have heard the remix (which in my opinion sounds like it was the OG version).  :P ;)

:firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil:

thanks Chad I appreciate this, I think I am inspired to go back and do some more reviews of albums that came out during the mid to late 90's

HEC

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2008, 10:22:21 AM »

this beat is insane :o I gave the original a 5/5 so this is what a 6/5 WOW :o it's that good, man this is downloaded on my flash drive right now so I can upload to my computer when I get home, this has me thinking about that "Dogg Pound Gangstaz" remix that Dre did for "Dogg Food" another original which to me was a 5/5 and who knows what the remix sounds like

Chad Vader

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2008, 11:26:33 AM »

this beat is insane :o I gave the original a 5/5 so this is what a 6/5 WOW :o it's that good, man this is downloaded on my flash drive right now so I can upload to my computer when I get home, this has me thinking about that "Dogg Pound Gangstaz" remix that Dre did for "Dogg Food" another original which to me was a 5/5 and who knows what the remix sounds like

Yeah,I was shocked to see that you gave the track 5/5..... the beat is average so I gave it;
-Return Of The Living Dead
Lyrics; 10
Beat; 6
Don´t fit the voice and lyrics like the Remix,which leads me to believe that this is actually the ”real remix”,
the remix how ever is DOPE as fuck.

= 3/5..... the "remix" however is  :o :o :o :o 5/5  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2008, 11:52:00 PM »
Thanx,the beat is a little too much  :-X.... and Timbaland is  :-X on the MIC
The "singing" in the background is dope...... not sure what to think of this.
Anyways props for the hook up Trentman  ;)

:laugh:

i ain't a timbaland fan either  :D

i didn't expect him to work with Six 2 anyway

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2008, 04:34:07 AM »
Hmmmmm  :P :P :P :P :P
6-2 on myspace;
www.myspace.com/thareal6deuce
6Two has since risen from the ashes of victimization and been called upon by the legendary Timbaland.
Timbaland, along with Alabama Rapper Attitude, and 6two aka deuce have finished what seems to be a rap masterpiece.
The album is set to be released very soon and will catapult Sixty 2 back into raps lime light.

After hearing this track I highly doubt it will be a masterpiece  :-\ :-\ :P :P :P :P

:o i know that Timbaland is a diverse producer, but i don't expect any good from this either  :-\

besides, how is six 2 going to release the album, though Timbalands label ( distributed by Interscope  :-X )?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 04:38:03 AM by Dre-Day - Sniper of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2008, 04:40:42 AM »
Hmmmmm  :P :P :P :P :P
6-2 on myspace;
www.myspace.com/thareal6deuce
6Two has since risen from the ashes of victimization and been called upon by the legendary Timbaland.
Timbaland, along with Alabama Rapper Attitude, and 6two aka deuce have finished what seems to be a rap masterpiece.
The album is set to be released very soon and will catapult Sixty 2 back into raps lime light.

After hearing this track I highly doubt it will be a masterpiece  :-\ :-\ :P :P :P :P

:o i know that Timbaland is a diverse producer, but i don't expect any good from this either  :-\

Sure he produced a few banger like "Set it off" from The Last Meal and the one on the first Game album.....
He even produced one on 6-2´s last solo album...... but that´s 3 tracks out of how many?  :P :-\ :-X
Get that corny pop ass out off here  >:( >:(

it might be good for his career, to get some more exposure, but not for the music  ;D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2008, 06:39:52 AM »
how is six 2 going to release the album, though Timbalands label ( distributed by Interscope  :-X )?

With Timbeland making Ring tone beats like this it should be NO problem  :laugh: :laugh:
I can barely hear 6-2´s voice on all that mess  :P :P :P :P :-X :-X :-X :-\ :-\ :-\ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Then who care about the rapper when it bangs in the club and makes a good ring tone?  :laugh: :laugh:

but really, how is it going to work?

Six-2 is not like the mainstream south artists at all, so Interscope will be having a hard time to market him.

so like you said, it could be a very watered down project, or no released album through interscope at all   ;)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2008, 07:54:12 AM »
how is six 2 going to release the album, though Timbalands label ( distributed by Interscope  :-X )?

With Timbeland making Ring tone beats like this it should be NO problem  :laugh: :laugh:
I can barely hear 6-2´s voice on all that mess  :P :P :P :P :-X :-X :-X :-\ :-\ :-\ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Then who care about the rapper when it bangs in the club and makes a good ring tone?  :laugh: :laugh:

but really, how is it going to work?
Six-2 is not like the mainstream south artists at all, so Interscope will be having a hard time to market him.
so like you said, it could be a very watered down project, or no released album through interscope at all   ;)

Interscope wont release a 6-2 album in 6-2´s style... forget about it.
It seems like it´s a group project with Additude and Timberland,some Fixxxers shit.
Look no further than the track they have "leaked"..... perfect for Interscope.

:yikes:  :baseballbat:

oh well, when detox and voice threw hot vessels are out of the way, six 2 may still benefit it from it if he drops another album after that group project

D~Nice

« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2008, 09:47:57 AM »

1 - Intro - dope 4/5
17 - Outro - decent

Nice review